Wikiposts

Packet 4 has landed!

Old Jun 14th 2002, 9:25 pm
Johnpunkinbutt

Default Packet 4 has landed!

It's one of the happiest days of my life, and I've only been awake for an hour!! My
Packet 4 came in the mail this morning carrying the interveiw date of July 8th! Under
a month from now I may have my visa to be with my fiancee.

Now my only worry is that I have yet to recieve my Police Certificate - I may need to
call up the Data Protection unit to beg for my certificate. It has already been 4
weeks, and I have 3 weeks remaining. My I-134 is in the mail to
me.

Would I be rejected if I failed to obtain my Police Certificate on the day of the
interview?

Anyways, I will still have a smile on my face. I am off to book some plane tickets
and find out a way for me to be in London for 8am! lol.

Good luck everyone!

John

Colin R. Nichol

Default Re: Packet 4 has landed!

Congrats!

May I ask what your timeline looks like? It's starting to look like
three-and-a-half months.

By the way, I just got my GB police cert--it took less than a month. I'd be surprised
if you didn't get it in time.

Colin

"JOHNPunkinbutt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > It's one of the happiest days of my life, and I've only been awake for an hour!! My
    > Packet 4 came in the mail this morning carrying the interveiw
date of
    > July 8th! Under a month from now I may have my visa to be with my fiancee.
    >
    > Now my only worry is that I have yet to recieve my Police Certificate - I
may
    > need to call up the Data Protection unit to beg for my certificate. It has already
    > been 4 weeks, and I have 3 weeks remaining. My I-134 is in the
mail to
    > me.
    >
    > Would I be rejected if I failed to obtain my Police Certificate on the day
of
    > the interview?
    >
    > Anyways, I will still have a smile on my face. I am off to book some plane tickets
    > and find out a way for me to be in London for 8am! lol.
    >
    > Good luck everyone!
    >
    >
    > John

Johnpunkinbutt

We applied for our K1 visa at the beginning of April, and it was approved for the
beginning of May - and now in mid June i have my interview for 8th July. Its been
about 3 3/4 month from start to finish. TSC did our application in lightning speed.

Thank you!

Well I am going to call these data protection people up on Monday and try to get
them to send out my certificate as soon as possible. I may get in touch with an MP
if that fails. I can't afford to be rejected for my visa because of something
silly, you know?

John

Old Jun 15th 2002, 8:25 am
Maria.Kirwan

Hi John and congratulations I had a similar problem with the police certificate. I
only realised on the day I received packet 4 that they had totally mispelt my name on
the original police certificate. I tried calling the national identifcation service
at new scotland yard on (020 7230-2958) but they only give a recorded message. I then
faxed them (020 7230-2688), explaning my situation and received my police report 2
days later.

I hope this helps.

JOHNPunkinbutt wrote:

> It's one of the happiest days of my life, and I've only been awake for an hour!! My
    > Packet 4 came in the mail this morning carrying the interveiw date of July 8th!
    > Under a month from now I may have my visa to be with my fiancee.
    >
    > Now my only worry is that I have yet to recieve my Police Certificate - I may need
    > to call up the Data Protection unit to beg for my certificate. It has already been
    > 4 weeks, and I have 3 weeks remaining. My I-134 is in the mail to
    > me.
    >
    > Would I be rejected if I failed to obtain my Police Certificate on the day of the
    > interview?
    >
    > Anyways, I will still have a smile on my face. I am off to book some plane tickets
    > and find out a way for me to be in London for 8am! lol.
    >
    > Good luck everyone!
    >
    > John

Old Jun 15th 2002, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

The first thing to do is contact the local data protection office
which you sent your application to.
Failing that, try:- 0207 230 2966
Old Jun 16th 2002, 4:20 am
Janesays@Btinte

I tried calling the national identifcation service at new scotland
    > yard on (020 7230-2958) but they only give a recorded message. I then
faxed them
    > (020 7230-2688), explaning my situation and received my police report 2
days later.

I tried phoning them, and on speaking to a girl at Scotland Yard reception, she told
me that there isnt a public telephone number, but to contact my local force who I
submitted the application too. I phoned them and told them that I needed it in a
hurry, and they chased Scotland Yard for it and I got it a couple of days after. You
could try that if faxing is a pain for you

Old Jun 16th 2002, 4:41 am
Johnpunkinbutt

Thanks for your replies. I will fax them this week, even though I dont have a fax
machine I'll find a way of faxing something over to them.

Only 3 weeks to go.

I might have to stay overnight in London airport as I would think it costs ALOT to
hire a room out in london for one night? I have to attend a medical at 8am and I stay
in Scotland, so its not going to happen at all if i try travel down there on the same
day. Awe well. Small price to pay - one sleepless night.

thanks all