British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   Packet 4 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/packet-4-a-664299/)

alex200203 Apr 16th 2010 11:24 am

Packet 4

Hi, I recieved Packet 4 today in the mail and am pretty overjoyed at getting my interview in a timely manner, however I do have a question regarding the actual letter, this is the part thats got me bothered...If this has been asked or an issue before sorry for making a new post couldnt find any info on it.
__________________________________________________ ____________
Visa Appointment
Date Time
07-May-2010 10:00

Case Number: LND2010XXXXXX
Name: (p) : my name
Preference Category: K1 - GRBR

Travelling Applicants:

(c) My daughter's name - date of birth

Encl : Packet 4
__________________________________________________ ____________
Shouldnt my name be under traveling applicants rather than my daughter from a past relationship that went about as bad as they can go will not be travelling with me. (she was of course listed as wont be coming with me on forms I'd filled.) or do they just do that, dont want there to be an error on the paperwork should i contact them or is this normal?

HALP!

thanks for your time. :)
-Alex

ian-mstm Apr 16th 2010 12:09 pm

Re: Packet 4

Originally Posted by alex200203 (Post 8500816)
Shouldnt my name be under traveling applicants rather than my daughter...

It's your interview - since your name is listed at the top. That your daughter is also listed isn't really a concern - they do that. If I knew why, I'd be rich! Anyway... no worries.

Ian

alex200203 Apr 16th 2010 12:14 pm

thanks Ian,

I just thought it odd that they'd list her under traveling applicants when ive made it clear that she wont be coming with me on every form they've ever recieved, but if its something they do I'll add that to the list of things they do that make no sense,

I appreciate you taking the time to reply.
-Alex

LBJR07 Apr 16th 2010 5:21 pm

hey congrats on your interview date! If you dont mind me asking how long did you have to wait for packet 4?

alex200203 Apr 16th 2010 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by LBJR07 (Post 8501499)
hey congrats on your interview date! If you dont mind me asking how long did you have to wait for packet 4?

Four weeks, two days. Royal mail snailed it to me 3days after it was sent from london.

meauxna Apr 16th 2010 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by alex200203 (Post 8500909)
thanks Ian,

I just thought it odd that they'd list her under traveling applicants when ive made it clear that she wont be coming with me on every form they've ever recieved, but if its something they do I'll add that to the list of things they do that make no sense,

I appreciate you taking the time to reply.
-Alex

Parents have been known to change their minds. :)

Just set it straight at the interview. Maybe you could ask them why they put her name there and enlighten the rest of us with the reply! :thumbup:

S Folinsky Apr 16th 2010 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by alex200203 (Post 8500816)
Shouldnt my name be under traveling applicants rather than my daughter from a past relationship that went about as bad as they can go will not be travelling with me. (she was of course listed as wont be coming with me on forms I'd filled.) or do they just do that, dont want there to be an error on the paperwork should i contact them or is this normal?

HALP!

thanks for your time. :)
-Alex

Comment: The current DOS software is an upgrade of the venerable IVACS system. As evidence of this, the vestigial designation of the interview notice as "Packet 4" is there. The packet system was abandoned some years back. From the approved visa petition, the Packet 4 [and the old Packet 3 for that matter] would refer to the principal alien and then list the principal and the accompanying relatives as traveling. This information was lifted from the approved visa petition. Principal divorced from spouse? Still listed. New kid born, not there.

As a matter of general advice: when the father of a child immigrates to the US, it is good practice to maintain very good records and back-up documentation of child support payments for the children not living with you.