Wikiposts

Packet 3 Return

Old Oct 31st 2003, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Richard III will become famous soon enoughRichard III will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Packet 3 Return

JEff -

Just a wild off-the-wall idea - read the post before responding to it. ;^) LiLGuru's signature lines tell the whole story, including the consulate:

Timeline
-----------

08/20/2003 - Sent In I-129F Petition to Vermont
08/28/2003 - Received NOA1 dated on August 26
09/29/2003 - Online Status Approval!
10/03/2003 - Received NOA2 dated on September 29
10/07/2003 - NVC receives petition from Vermont
10/10/2003 - NVC approves petition and sending petition to Bangkok, Thailand. Also received new case number.
10/14/2003 - Received approval notice from NVC
10/27/2003 - Embassy received petition!
10/28/2003 - Embassy mails out Packet 3

Being glib and cute is fine, but don't berate, even mildly, someone who has provided the answer to your question, before you asked it. We Richards have to stick together, don'cha know?

Richard III

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
LiLGuru,

To repeat what souls canuck told you - you send back what they instruct you to send back.

Just a wild off-the-wall idea - if you were to give a hint of what consulate you will be dealing with then maybe someone who has been there could tell you?

Regards, JEff
Old Nov 1st 2003, 2:09 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Richard,

Just what might you be talking about? I understand perfectly well that the consulate has received LiLGuru's approved petition.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Richard III
JEff -

Just a wild off-the-wall idea - read the post before responding to it. ;^) LiLGuru's signature lines tell the whole story, including the consulate:

Timeline
-----------

08/20/2003 - Sent In I-129F Petition to Vermont
08/28/2003 - Received NOA1 dated on August 26
09/29/2003 - Online Status Approval!
10/03/2003 - Received NOA2 dated on September 29
10/07/2003 - NVC receives petition from Vermont
10/10/2003 - NVC approves petition and sending petition to Bangkok, Thailand. Also received new case number.
10/14/2003 - Received approval notice from NVC
10/27/2003 - Embassy received petition!
10/28/2003 - Embassy mails out Packet 3

Being glib and cute is fine, but don't berate, even mildly, someone who has provided the answer to your question, before you asked it. We Richards have to stick together, don'cha know?

Richard III
Old Nov 1st 2003, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Richard III will become famous soon enoughRichard III will become famous soon enough

JEff -

I was referring to you asking of Richard, "Just a wild off-the-wall idea - if you were to give a hint of what consulate you will be dealing with then maybe someone who has been there could tell you?"

Richard's post included, in his signature line, the consulate he was dealing with, a fairly strong "hint".

No harm, no foul.

Richard III

Richard,

Just what might you be talking about? I understand perfectly well that the consulate has received LiLGuru's approved petition.

Regards, JEff
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 12:54 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Richard,

Ahh, OK, I understand what you are talking about now.

You are correct, I could have seen the information about Bangkok in the signature line had I read it. (I generally don't, for a number of reasons.)

Thing is, anyone reading the newsgroup from an entry point other than British Expats does not see the signature line. All relevant information really should be included in the body of the message, or a lot of people won't see it.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Richard III
JEff -

I was referring to you asking of Richard, "Just a wild off-the-wall idea - if you were to give a hint of what consulate you will be dealing with then maybe someone who has been there could tell you?"

Richard's post included, in his signature line, the consulate he was dealing with, a fairly strong "hint".

No harm, no foul.

Richard III
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

JEff -

I agree, it is a shame that the BritishExpats signature line(s) don't propagate to the Usenet. I accessed the forum via the Usenet for quite a while and it was a bummer when people referred to dates, timelines, etc. by referring to their signature line(s) which were, of course, invisible to me through my chosen interface. Now that I have become accustomed to the BritishExpats interface, it's okay. Stay cool and enjoy life -

Richard III

Richard,

Ahh, OK, I understand what you are talking about now.

You are correct, I could have seen the information about Bangkok in the signature line had I read it. (I generally don't, for a number of reasons.)

Thing is, anyone reading the newsgroup from an entry point other than British Expats does not see the signature line. All relevant information really should be included in the body of the message, or a lot of people won't see it.

Regards, JEff