Wikiposts

Packet 3 Return

Old Oct 29th 2003, 1:40 am
Just Joined

LiLGuru7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Packet 3 Return

What forms do I need to return from the Packet 3 to the embassy so I could receive an interview date?

Richard
Old Oct 29th 2003, 2:25 am
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Packet 3 Return

I think they are pretty specific in the letter as to what they want.

I sent back the checklist (once you have what is required you send this back) as well as the 230 part 1, which they asked me to send back immediately!

hope that helps..
Old Oct 29th 2003, 2:31 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by souls canuck
I think they are pretty specific in the letter as to what they want.

I sent back the checklist (once you have what is required you send this back) as well as the 230 part 1, which they asked me to send back immediately!

hope that helps..
So send only 230 and checklist?

I didn't receive packet 3 yet but I would like to fill out the forms so I could mail it to the embassy.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 2:34 am
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default hmmmm

not sure how you can fill out forms you dont have yet.. you may want to wait to avoid making a mistake.. just a thought.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 2:37 am
Whimsical in the brainpan

Elenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: hmmmm

It entirely depends on the consulate you're dealing with.

The London Consulate asks for the DS-156 forms back, along with the checklist and possibly other forms.

The Montreal Consulate asks for the DS-230 (part I) and the checklist.

Others ask for the whole shebang.

Others ask for nothing initially, and give you an interview date with your packet 3!

So... it varies. Even within the same country, if I recall. The checklists for Vancouver and for Montreal are actually different.

It will arrive soon! Don't fret too much about it - but you can certainly find a checklist somewhere and fill out the forms your consulate will need from ya.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 3:11 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

LiLGuru,

To repeat what souls canuck told you - you send back what they instruct you to send back.

Just a wild off-the-wall idea - if you were to give a hint of what consulate you will be dealing with then maybe someone who has been there could tell you?

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by LiLGuru7
So send only 230 and checklist?

I didn't receive packet 3 yet but I would like to fill out the forms so I could mail it to the embassy.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 5:57 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
LiLGuru,

To repeat what souls canuck told you - you send back what they instruct you to send back.

Just a wild off-the-wall idea - if you were to give a hint of what consulate you will be dealing with then maybe someone who has been there could tell you?

Regards, JEff
I'm dealing the with embassy in Bangkok, Thailand. I email them and they told me that they will me Packet 3. I don't want to wait for packet 3 that's why I would like to know what forms to download so I could mail them the needed forms so I could schedule the interview.

If wondering, I'm a USC.

Richard
Old Oct 29th 2003, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

I'm dealing the with embassy in Bangkok, Thailand. I email them and they told me that they will me Packet 3. I don't want to wait for packet 3 that's why I would like to know what forms to download so I could mail them the needed forms so I could schedule the interview.
Richard

I didn't want to wait either!

Check out the following link, it tells you all about the paperwork and has loads of other useful info too:
http://bcis.stephenpalik.com/faq/k1faq.htm#4.3

I downloaded and completed the necessary forms prior to receiving Packet 3, then when the Embassy sent it, I used it as a check to see if I had everything.

Forms can be downloaded from here:
http://www.bcis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/

I also used the following link (contains examples of completed forms) to help me fill out my forms:
http://k1.exit.com/forms7.html

Have you applied for your Police Certificate? If not, you should do this now as it can take up to 40 days to receive it.

Good luck!
Old Oct 29th 2003, 7:05 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Richard,

Go to this website <http://hometown.aol.com/nycshyguy2003/> and you'll find the complete contents of Packet #3 from Bangkok and a whole lot more good information about applying there.

Also a link to the Thai-Farang Board on Delphi.

Regards, JEff

If wondering, I'm a USC.

Richard

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Oct 29th 2003 at 7:07 am.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 7:10 am

Karen,

Just curious, but how many forms were you missing?

The BCIS website you reference doesn't have many of the DOS forms that are in Packet #3 (or #4, depending on how the particular consulate divvies up the application materials between the 2 packets).

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Karen D
...]

I downloaded and completed the necessary forms prior to receiving Packet 3, then when the Embassy sent it, I used it as a check to see if I had everything.

Forms can be downloaded from here:
http://www.bcis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/

Old Oct 29th 2003, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

Richard,

Go to this website <http://hometown.aol.com/nycshyguy2003/> and you'll find the complete contents of Packet #3 from Bangkok and a whole lot more good information about applying there.

Also a link to the Thai-Farang Board on Delphi.

Regards, JEff
Thanks for your help but one problem with the site you referred me to. My fiance is Cambodian. You're probably wondering why is my case at Bangkok, Thailand. Well, to make a long story short, Thailand process all K1 Cambodian cases.

Do you think the packet would be the same?

Richard
Old Oct 29th 2003, 11:02 pm

yes, it will be the same, except that hopefully they will have a set of forms in the Cambodian language rather than Thai. Also the police certificate information would be specific to Cambodia.

Regards, JEff

Thanks for your help but one problem with the site you referred me to. My fiance is Cambodian. You're probably wondering why is my case at Bangkok, Thailand. Well, to make a long story short, Thailand process all K1 Cambodian cases.

Do you think the packet would be the same?

Richard
Old Oct 29th 2003, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

Karen,

Just curious, but how many forms were you missing?

The BCIS website you reference doesn't have many of the DOS forms that are in Packet #3 (or #4, depending on how the particular consulate divvies up the application materials between the 2 packets).

Regards, JEff
Hi Jeff

I actually had managed to find everything that the Embassy sent me from different sources on the web, except a decent copy of the checklist, so I used the one the they sent.

I also used the following website to obtain forms (I omitted to post this previously - sorry!):
http://www.state.gov/m/a/dir/c4456.htm

It is frustrating that not all forms are available from the BCIS website. It would be so much better if they were all located in one place. Hey, but why make things easier for us
Old Oct 30th 2003, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

yes, it will be the same, except that hopefully they will have a set of forms in the Cambodian language rather than Thai. Also the police certificate information would be specific to Cambodia.

Regards, JEff
My fiance already has the police certificate. Question though, the police certificate was obtained on August. I mailed the police certificate with the petition to VSC. Would that cause any problem as to what the embassy wants?

Richard
Old Oct 30th 2003, 11:30 pm

Richard,

The VSC doesn't need the police certificate - the consulate does. Also, I don't know how recent it needs to be to satisfy the consular folks in Bangkok.

This is something you should ask them.
<[email protected]>

Regards, JEff

My fiance already has the police certificate. Question though, the police certificate was obtained on August. I mailed the police certificate with the petition to VSC. Would that cause any problem as to what the embassy wants?

Richard

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.