Reload this Page >

Packet 3 Received for K3 - timeline

Wikiposts

Packet 3 Received for K3 - timeline

Old Jan 13th 2003, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

mptran72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Packet 3 Received for K3 - timeline

My wife just received the Packet 3 today from the Consulate. I thought I'd share my timeline with everyone. Hope this will help somebody!

August 4, 2002 - 1st NOA from MSC - 129F
November 23, 2002 - 2nd NOA from MSC
December 13, 2002 - Letter from NVC forwarding approval to consulate in Ho Chi Minh City
Jan 13, 2003 - Packet 3 from Consulate.

The funny thing is this morning (prior to receiving the P3) I called the consulate and the lady answering the phone said that they haven't receive the case from NVC yet and told me to call NVC. Well, in the afternoon the P3 arrived. I thought I might have gave a wrong case # on the phone so I double check the case # and they were exactly the same. I guess the lady answering the phone didn't even bother looking into the computer to find the case status for me.

The letter accompanying P3 instructed my wife to go and have the medical exam and turn in all neccessary documents to the medical exam doctor. The doctor would forward all the documents to the Consulate. She would receive an interview date from the doctor when she complete her medical exam and submit all the documents. The interview time will be on a Friday approximately 1 to 2 weeks after the medical exam (it specifically said that in the letter). I guess (HOPE) the long wait is over and hopefully the interview date IS really 1 to 2 weeks after that. Hope the interview will goes well too.