Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Packet 3 received by Fiance- can we schedule Interview now?

Wikiposts

Packet 3 received by Fiance- can we schedule Interview now?

Old Jan 6th 2003, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

Amo mi Británico is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Packet 3 received by Fiance- can we schedule Interview now?

Hi All,

My fiance received Packet 3 in the mail today from the London Embassy. He already sent in the forms that he downloaded from their website to open a provsional file. We've already received our 2nd NOA and the INS online status website says that our approval was cabled to them on 12/30/02.

Does this mean that he can schedule an interview date now?

Thanks!
Old Jan 6th 2003, 7:46 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Packet 3 received by Fiance- can we schedule Interview now?

Originally posted by Amo mi Británico
Hi All,

My fiance received Packet 3 in the mail today from the London Embassy. He already sent in the forms that he downloaded from their website to open a provsional file. We've already received our 2nd NOA and the INS online status website says that our approval was cabled to them on 12/30/02.

Does this mean that he can schedule an interview date now?

Thanks!

Hi, Amo!!!

I'm a little confused. What forms did your fiance receive? If he has a file open already, he doesn't need to fill packet 3 forms out again. However, if the forms you're referring to include the medical questionnaire, the visa fee slip, and the appointment letter, this is packet 4.

He may need to email London to find out if he has a case number yet, or to maybe check to see what's happening there. They may have scheduled a date already, but he needs to ask them to tell him, otherwise he won't find out til he gets the appointment letter.
Good luck!!!
Kate. xxxxxx
Old Jan 6th 2003, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Kate-

Yeah, he already sent in the Packet 3 forms that he downloaded from the London embassy website. He was thinking of re-sending them in to see if that would help. I will check with him though to make sure that he didn't receive anything about an interview date.

Thanks!
Old Jan 6th 2003, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

sal_whit will become famous soon enoughsal_whit will become famous soon enough

Hi

I think the Embassy may have a problem!!!!
I called the live assistant and was told I had to wait for packet 3 to be sent to me???????
Like your Fiance I have already sent this and have a Prov file open with case number....
When I told them this all she could say was..Well I'm only telling you whats on screen????
So I emailed the London Embassy with the first email they sent me,Informing me of my case number and prov file info.
This was last Thursday and I'm still waiting on a reply...
Old Jan 7th 2003, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

Ha ha! Sal, this sounds like a typical case of government worker syndrome- act like a robot with only a set instructions to go by.....I think this person that you spoke to doesn't have a clue and was just being lazy to provide you with more information. To say I'm only telling you what's on the screen sounds like a very unhelpful response. Well, hopefully they'll catch up soon and we can all get some answers to our questions.

Originally posted by sal_whit
Hi

I think the Embassy may have a problem!!!!
I called the live assistant and was told I had to wait for packet 3 to be sent to me???????
Like your Fiance I have already sent this and have a Prov file open with case number....
When I told them this all she could say was..Well I'm only telling you whats on screen????
So I emailed the London Embassy with the first email they sent me,Informing me of my case number and prov file info.
This was last Thursday and I'm still waiting on a reply...
Old Jan 7th 2003, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

sal_whit will become famous soon enoughsal_whit will become famous soon enough

Hi Amo

ROFL...I see what you mean..Well I did get an email today,Telling me that they have recieved the paperwork from VSC!!!!
They didn't say I had an interview date....
Which was the question I asked as well as asking if they recieved it yet...LOL.
Maybe I'll get the letter from them first then they will email me to let me know the date..lol...sounds about right...
I'll keep you posted with any updates.....

Sal