Wikiposts

packet 3 question, ankara turkey embassy

Old Feb 7th 2002, 5:24 pm
June1212

Here's our timeline:
11/30/01 mailed k-1 to CSC
11/31/01 1st NOA
11/32/02 2nd NOA approval

I wrote "PLEASE CABLE" in the appropriate section of the i-129 as advised in the k-1
faq. My fiance still hasn't received packet 3 yet from ankara. I guess if he still
doesn't receive anything by this coming week, i'm going to call the embassy and try
to fax them our 2nd NOA and ask them to set up a provisional file, (again).

However, I noticed that the embassy website now has all the forms in packet 3 and 4
on the site that you can download, in turkish and english, including the checklist.
Would my fiance get a sooner interview date if he just downloads the checklist and
the part 1 non-immigrant visa application from the website, fills them out and sends
them in, referencing our case # that CSC assigned us (the WAC #) and his A-number?
Meanwhile I could fax them our notice of approval, so they would know about us. I
called the embassy right on the 25th (no i couldn't wait, could you?) and asked them
if it was possible to set up a provisional file, but they asked for my fiance's name,
said they had no record of him and told me to wait for instructions in the mail (not
a very helpful person, and not great english either). Should I try to press this and
ask them again to open a provisional file? Advice appreciated. Even if it speeds up
his interview by ONE WEEK i would cry with joy. we haven't seen each other since
november

Thanks, June

Old Feb 7th 2002, 6:33 pm
Gentledoe

First of all they don't do provisional file. He (no need you to call) can call visa
section 0312-466 61 00 (between 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm) and ask everyday. Mine was
approved on Feb. 18, 2000 (Nebraska) and I got my package
#3 about middle of March and my interview was on Apr. 6th.

And also (please forgive me), I got that impression that you didn't like the girl's
English (you said that it wasn't great English), you gonna marry to a Turkish man and
do you expect an EXCELLENT English from him? That kinda bothered me that you were
kinda humiliating a Turkish person in US Embassy. I understand your excitement and we
all had to wait 6 months to be with our loved ones. Be a little patient.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Feb 7th 2002, 6:39 pm
Gentledoe

He can start to gain documents while waiting, so as soon as he gets the package #3,
he can send the checklist to speed it up little bit. (Like police clearance, birth
certificate I mean the long one etc.)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Feb 8th 2002, 2:04 am
June1212

"GentleDoe" <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

thanks for your help. but i do think you were reading a bit too much into it. i'd
never called the us embassy before. i was under the mistaken assumption that they
would be americans, since all the people i dealt with at the turkish consulate in
los angeles were turkish. silly assumption = no big deal. i gave the phone number to
my fiance.