Wikiposts

packet 3 question

Old Jun 15th 2002, 12:20 am
Nluv4ever77

Default packet 3 question

Hello again.........I have a question concerning the affidavit of support for the K-3
visa. We are using the consulate in Amsterdam and they sent in, with all of the
papers, the 864A affidavit of support and we have to have the last 3 years of tax
forms. I thought for the K-3 visa, that you only used the I-34 and you didn't need
tax forms. MY husband wants to wait until my mom comes in town next week before he
sends the information back to the consualte, because she is the co-sponser and she
had already signed the I-134, now she has to drive back 100 miles to sign the 864A. I
told him to go ahead and send it in now, but he hardheaded and wants to wait another
2 weeks. He said that they consulate has already sent way for his police report but I
told him they won't send away for it until they get the papers back and that the
affidavit isnt imporant until the interview and we need to send those papers back
ASAP. My question is this: Can the 864 A be used for the k-3 and does it sound right
to send in the last 3 yrs of tax forms for the k-3 visa......and the last
question.....should he go ahead and mail those papers back.......someone tell him
that this will slow things down considerably. anyways thanks