Wikiposts

Packet 3 at Mumbai Consulate

Old Aug 13th 2003, 8:04 pm
hbd
Forum Regular

hbd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Packet 3 at Mumbai Consulate

Hello everyone !

Visited the Mumbai consulate 2 days in a row and that too at unearthly hours- well thats the only option if u want to make it to the information window on time. I reached there at 7.15 both days and managed to be the 7-8 th person in the line.

The window opens past 8.30. There was this really nice person helping everyone. It was the same guy both days and he was helpful to everyone. So i went to ask him if they recd my file from NVC and he offered to give me the packet 3 !..not to mention i came home to receive another packet 3 from the consulate the same day!....when it rains it pours!..)

So i filled it and went back the next day to submit it...it was the DS-156 and the DS 230 part I - he made me submit both. I had 2-3 doubts in the non-immigrant form and he helped me with those right away so i cud complete them and submit them to him.

He said it wud be about a month until i get the packet 4. So i guess i need to wait either to hear from them or even to enquire further.

I shud be getting my PCC shortly.Btw for those who r from bombay, there is only one police certificate u get not two...the local police stn is not authorized to give certificates anymore.

i hope this information helps !..
Old Aug 13th 2003, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

EricL is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info, hbd. Me and my wife plan on stopping by the consulate on Monday to submit packet 3. We've downloaded all the forms from the Internet.

Did you get an OF-169 and did he say anything about submitting that form? It's basically just a checklist, but I thought you still had to fill it out and sign it. Maybe I'm wrong. Also did you have to submit two DS-156 forms? Again maybe I'm wrong on this also, but I thought they needed two copies of that particular form. What size photo did you use for that form? Was it 50mm x 50mm?

What did they say about the interview? Did he say 2 months after submitting packet 3??
Old Aug 14th 2003, 11:45 am
ProfsnlOCMan

Default Re: Packet 3 at Mumbai Consulate

Eric

I've noticed a flurry of emails flying off your keyboard to this
newsgroup.

I hope for your own sake you have read all the MUMBAI postings from
the past.. Sometimes the naivete of your questions suggests that you
haven't even bothered to do a minimum of due diligence effort before
bombarding the group with your questions..

If you aren't, do yourself a favor and check all the previous postings
- presuming of course that you know how to do a search on this
newsgroup.

EricL <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Thanks for the info, hbd. Me and my wife plan on stopping by the
    > consulate on Monday to submit packet 3. We've downloaded all the forms
    > from the Internet.
    >
    >
    >
    > Did you get an OF-169 and did he say anything about submitting that
    > form? It's basically just a checklist, but I thought you still had to
    > fill it out and sign it. Maybe I'm wrong. Also did you have to submit
    > two DS-156 forms? Again maybe I'm wrong on this also, but I thought they
    > needed two copies of that particular form. What size photo did you use
    > for that form? Was it 50mm x 50mm?
    >
    >
    >
    > What did they say about the interview? Did he say 2 months after
    > submitting packet 3??

Old Aug 14th 2003, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

IMhp is an unknown quantity at this point

I must say that you guys have been great help to others like me, who will be following foot steps of yours in mumbai consulate.

Keep up the good work by posting as much info as you can so people like me can get prepared.

good luck to both of you guys.
Old Aug 14th 2003, 5:35 pm
hbd
Forum Regular

Originally posted by EricL
Thanks for the info, hbd. Me and my wife plan on stopping by the consulate on Monday to submit packet 3. We've downloaded all the forms from the Internet.

Did you get an OF-169 and did he say anything about submitting that form? It's basically just a checklist, but I thought you still had to fill it out and sign it. Maybe I'm wrong. Also did you have to submit two DS-156 forms? Again maybe I'm wrong on this also, but I thought they needed two copies of that particular form. What size photo did you use for that form? Was it 50mm x 50mm?

What did they say about the interview? Did he say 2 months after submitting packet 3??
well...he gave me 6 sheets of paper basically - 2 of them were the forms i mentioned earlier. The 3rd one was the sheet giving details about the PCC. 4th is the sheet about the fiance visa -also has kind of a checklist (this may be what u r talking about ). 5th is the sheet with information for photographs. 6th is the covering letter stating that they have ur case with them and it also gives u ur BMB number.

He asked me to only submit the 2 forms. One of my doubts was the photograph and he said i dont need one! he also mentioned that im going to be filling the DS-156 again. so i guess u r right about that one. The only other thing he asked for was my BMB number that he had given me the earlier day- but since i had extra copies of the packet3 with me i gave him a copy of my covering letter.

Interview date wud be sumtime in October i guess. He was having some trouble estimating it. The first day when i was there he said u may get a sep interview, but the nextday he said it might be October...I wud think its October-seems more realistic.
Old Aug 14th 2003, 5:49 pm
hbd
Forum Regular

Originally posted by IMhp
I must say that you guys have been great help to others like me, who will be following foot steps of yours in mumbai consulate.

Keep up the good work by posting as much info as you can so people like me can get prepared.

good luck to both of you guys.
Thanks IMhp....i guess we all can use all the luck we can get!..

Just a suggestion to those who havent started work on the PCC- they shud start! Its seems to take a very unpredictable amt of time. Officially it takes about 45 days. But u can reduce the number of days by going to the 'G' Branch office yourself. I wont bother u guys with the details unless u want them .. Let me know if u need to know about the PCC.
Old Aug 14th 2003, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

My wife was able to get her local PCC from Solapur in about a weeks time and the regional one from Pune in about 2 days. She got the regional one in Pune quickly because she knew a lady that worked there. She had to pay a little extra to get it faster, but that's better than waiting 3-4 weeks.

Last edited by EricL; Aug 14th 2003 at 6:19 pm.
Old Aug 14th 2003, 6:49 pm
hbd
Forum Regular

My wife was able to get her local PCC from Solapur in about a weeks time and the regional one from Pune in about 2 days. She got the regional one in Pune quickly because she knew a lady that worked there. She had to pay a little extra to get it faster, but that's better than waiting 3-4 weeks.
yep i agree!.....luckily i know ppl too... But all thru it made me wonder how tough it can get for people who dont know someone. It wud help to start early i guess!

Last edited by hbd; Aug 14th 2003 at 6:57 pm.
Old Aug 15th 2003, 6:48 pm
Bob

Eric,
Did you or your spouse get a letter from NVC saying that your case has
been sent to the consulate? What does packet 3 contain?
regds,
Bob
bd <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Originally posted by EricL
    >
    > > My wife was able to get her local PCC from Solapur in about a weeks
    > > time and the regional one from Pune in about 2 days. She got the
    > > regional one in Pune quickly because she knew a lady that worked
    > > there. She had to pay a little extra to get it faster, but that's
    > > better than waiting 3-4 weeks.
    >
    >
    >
    > yep i agree!.....luckily i know ppl too... But all thru it made me
    > wonder how tough it can get for people who dont know someone. It wud
    > help to start early i guess!

Old Aug 16th 2003, 5:38 am
ProfsnlOCMan

Are you really that naive about India ??

My fiancee (like most normal ordinary people) didn't know anyone in
the police.

EVERYTHING in India operates on a "fee for service" basis.. grease
palms from the police station entrance to the peon to the desk officer
and the job gets done !!

Geeze.........

(of course don't be stupid enough to try this inside the US consulate)
LOL LOL..

[email protected] (bob) wrote in message news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > Eric,
    > Did you or your spouse get a letter from NVC saying that your case has
    > been sent to the consulate? What does packet 3 contain?
    > regds,
    > Bob
    > bd <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Originally posted by EricL
    > >
    > > > My wife was able to get her local PCC from Solapur in about a weeks
    > > > time and the regional one from Pune in about 2 days. She got the
    > > > regional one in Pune quickly because she knew a lady that worked
    > > > there. She had to pay a little extra to get it faster, but that's
    > > > better than waiting 3-4 weeks.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > yep i agree!.....luckily i know ppl too... But all thru it made me
    > > wonder how tough it can get for people who dont know someone. It wud
    > > help to start early i guess!

Old Aug 16th 2003, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Bob
Eric,
Did you or your spouse get a letter from NVC saying that your case has
been sent to the consulate? What does packet 3 contain?
regds,
Bob
Yes, I got a letter from the NVC stating that my wife's petition will be forwarded to the appropriate consulate overseas.

I'm not sure exactly what is in packet 3 because we haven't picked it up from the consulate yet. I'm under the impression that it has DS-156, DS-230 part 1, OF-169, a cover letter and it may also contain an I-134 form. We've downloaded all those forms from the Internet and filled them out too. We'll find out on Monday when we go to the consulate which one's they actually need.
Old Aug 16th 2003, 6:48 pm
hbd
Forum Regular

Yes, I got a letter from the NVC stating that my wife's petition will be forwarded to the appropriate consulate overseas.

I'm not sure exactly what is in packet 3 because we haven't picked it up from the consulate yet. I'm under the impression that it has DS-156, DS-230 part 1, OF-169, a cover letter and it may also contain an I-134 form. We've downloaded all those forms from the Internet and filled them out too. We'll find out on Monday when we go to the consulate which one's they actually need.
let us know what they say about packet 4 and interview dates!
Old Aug 21st 2003, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

IMhp is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Eric and hdb,

I called NVC and they said my wife's file was sent to Mumbai consulate on 08/20/2003. I asked her if she can give me a number (BMB #) which I can refer to at Mumbai consulate but she said just give her brithdate and name. Did you guys received any special number from NVC? How long it took for your file to reach Mumbai once they sent it from NVC? What if my wife goes to consulate and they already send packet # 3 in mail, can we still get copy of it on info window?

Sorry to bombard you guys with so many questions but I want to make sure we pick up the packet #3 in person so it will not get lost in mail.

Any input is greatly appreciated

Thanks

NVC received on 08/18
NVC sent to Mumbai 08/20
Old Aug 21st 2003, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

Default An update

We submitted packet 3 on the 18th of August. The guy at the info window told us it would take approximately 2 months for my wife's interview. He said we would get packet 4 in the mail in 15-20 days and it would have the interview date with the medical forms.
Old Aug 21st 2003, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by IMhp
Hi Eric and hdb,

I called NVC and they said my wife's file was sent to Mumbai consulate on 08/20/2003. I asked her if she can give me a number (BMB #) which I can refer to at Mumbai consulate but she said just give her brithdate and name. Did you guys received any special number from NVC? How long it took for your file to reach Mumbai once they sent it from NVC? What if my wife goes to consulate and they already send packet # 3 in mail, can we still get copy of it on info window?

Sorry to bombard you guys with so many questions but I want to make sure we pick up the packet #3 in person so it will not get lost in mail.

Any input is greatly appreciated

Thanks

NVC received on 08/18
NVC sent to Mumbai 08/20
Yes, the NVC gave us a BMB number. If you don't have the BMB number, you can give the consulate your wife's first and last name and they can check in the system to see if they've received your file.

Our file was sent from the NVC on the 1st of August and Mumbai received it on the 12th of August. Took a total of 11 days.

Yes, you can pick up packet 3 at the consulate even if they've already sent you a copy in the mail.

Hope I answered all of your questions. Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.