Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Packet 3 - a few questions

Wikiposts

Packet 3 - a few questions

Old Mar 6th 2009, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Packet 3 - a few questions

Ive fast found out my lawyer is useless grrr

im getting together the documents for packet 3 for the K1 interview

anyway i just read you have to have a birth certificate which has both parents names on it....i have the original birth certificate in my hand....but it doesnt have their names on it.

how do i get one? how long does it take roughly and how much does it cost? also do i have to have my USC fiance birth certificate too?

im sending off for my police certificate on monday (gotta wait for doctor to sign the photo) so im hoping i'll have everything i need within 2 weeks.

Im also dealing with the Embassy to try and wavier my vaccinations and blood test because of serious medical conditions. ive no-idea what the outcome of that will be, but i seriously need some good news about now!

thankyou in advanced for the help!
Old Mar 6th 2009, 9:10 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Packet 3 - a few questions

Originally Posted by PepsiChic
Ive fast found out my lawyer is useless grrr

im getting together the documents for packet 3 for the K1 interview

anyway i just read you have to have a birth certificate which has both parents names on it....i have the original birth certificate in my hand....but it doesnt have their names on it.

how do i get one? how long does it take roughly and how much does it cost? also do i have to have my USC fiance birth certificate too?

im sending off for my police certificate on monday (gotta wait for doctor to sign the photo) so im hoping i'll have everything i need within 2 weeks.

Im also dealing with the Embassy to try and wavier my vaccinations and blood test because of serious medical conditions. ive no-idea what the outcome of that will be, but i seriously need some good news about now!

thankyou in advanced for the help!
Hi:

See http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/re...city_3699.html

You have what is called a "short form" birth certificate and what you need is the "long form." FWIW, [and this was long before the internet], I learned about this about 10 years into my career -- and I learned this the hard way.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

thanks, i was hoping i was reading things wrong but i guess i wasnt

i went to: http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/ and ordered a copy of the full one, i paid £26 for it to be sent priority so i should get it tuesday. apparently the polic certificate takes 10 days. just gotta start signing things and wait on the embassy to get back to me i think.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 9:19 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

PC,

I think this is a medical issue that the Panel Physician, not the consulate, can resolve for you. If it's not medically appropriate for you to have the vaccinations the doctor will so indicate on the vaccination worksheet.

Regards, JEff

Old Mar 6th 2009, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

hi Jeff,

the problem ive had is that myself and my lawyer has contacted knightsbridge doctors in london about the medical issues and they were very rude, not only that they said "unless the embassy say you wavier it we have to do it"

this caused a great deal of upset and stress (still is) my doctor is willing to write to both the embassy and Knightsbridge, but i called the embassy first and they said to email, so ive done that a few days ago and am waiting on their reply.

i hope they reply soon because ive never felt so stressed out in my life, everything seems to be hanging on this, because without the medical i cant get the visa i cant book the medical untill i know about the vaccinations and blood test.

ugh its a nightmare and im going through hell because of it
Old Mar 6th 2009, 9:37 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

PC,

This sounds better - from the medical perspective, not the immigration perspective. Consular staff cannot make medical decisions - would you really want them to? Hopefully they can work with what your doctor provides and are not required to get the input from a Panel Physician or Civil Surgeon.

The position the Knightsbridge doctors have taken is both disappointing and surprising. They are (supposedly) the medical experts, after examining you and your medical history it seems to me that they have a responsibility to say, 'hey, we can't put this person's health at risk by giving her these vaccinations, her medical situation is such that she should not have them.'

The vaccinations are waivable if they are not medically appropriate, and that's based on the doctor's recommendation. Take a look at the CDC instructions for DS-3025, here:
http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/dsforms/3025.htm

Best wishes to you.

Regards, JEff

hi Jeff,

the problem ive had is that myself and my lawyer has contacted knightsbridge doctors in london about the medical issues and they were very rude, not only that they said "unless the embassy say you wavier it we have to do it"

this caused a great deal of upset and stress (still is) my doctor is willing to write to both the embassy and Knightsbridge, but i called the embassy first and they said to email, so ive done that a few days ago and am waiting on their reply.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 9:46 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

hi Jeff,

i hope they reply soon because ive never felt so stressed out in my life, everything seems to be hanging on this, because without the medical i cant get the visa i cant book the medical untill i know about the vaccinations and blood test.

ugh its a nightmare and im going through hell because of it
Deep breath.

It doesn't sound like you spoke to an actual MD at Knightsbridge?

Perhaps it's time to get your doctor on the phone with the doc in London. The panel docs will not give you vaccines that are medically contraindicated. They are the ones who write the waiver.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks again, im so grateful for everyones helps and support in what has to be one of the most hardest things atm!

I actually spoke to two of the doctors at Knightsbridge, Dr.Page and Dr.Waters, i was shocked, and upset by the way they spoke to me and the way they treated the problem. As they told me i should contact the consular in london, thats exactly what i did, i wrote down in the email, the problem, what knightsbridge had said, what my own GP was saying and also told them that my GP would be willing to write both the embassy and knightsbridge a letter explaining everything and telling them that it is against his advice to give me the vaccinations.

Im hoping they will reply and ask for the letter, or something, anything at this point because im stuck until this part moves on, and id hate to not be given the visa because of this

i think meauxna may be right tho, perhaps i need to get my doctor to give knightsbridge a call?

im feeling so low about this, struggling to pick myself up because everything keeps getting less and less promising.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 12:01 pm
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again, im so grateful for everyones helps and support in what has to be one of the most hardest things atm!

I actually spoke to two of the doctors at Knightsbridge, Dr.Page and Dr.Waters, i was shocked, and upset by the way they spoke to me and the way they treated the problem. As they told me i should contact the consular in london, thats exactly what i did, i wrote down in the email, the problem, what knightsbridge had said, what my own GP was saying and also told them that my GP would be willing to write both the embassy and knightsbridge a letter explaining everything and telling them that it is against his advice to give me the vaccinations.

Im hoping they will reply and ask for the letter, or something, anything at this point because im stuck until this part moves on, and id hate to not be given the visa because of this

i think meauxna may be right tho, perhaps i need to get my doctor to give knightsbridge a call?

im feeling so low about this, struggling to pick myself up because everything keeps getting less and less promising.
How old are you? Most of those vaccinations do not apply to you depending on your age. My fiance aged 29 had never had a shot in his life until just before his medical and Dr Page ( who was also VERY rude to my fiance ) said that he only actually needed one or two of them. So maybe if you ask, based on your age which specific vaccinations are required by US law, you might get a better answer. If there is only 1 or 2 that you need, have your GP write a very detailed letter as to why you can not have these specific vaccinations, You are NOT required to have ANY of the vaccinations to actually get the K1 visa into the US, but they do require them in order to adjust.... anyone please correct me if I am wrong?
Old Mar 6th 2009, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

so Dr.Page is just a rude man in general? im sorry your fiance had to deal with him too, at least i know its not because of my problem.

i should of supplied more details im sorry, im 21, female, moving from South-West england to Missouri USA. myself and my fiance (USC) hope to marry end of june.

We've had both NOA1 and NOA2, and received the letter instructing me on packet 3. which im putting together - just waiting on birth certificate and police certificate. oh and US sized passport photos im going to need to find somewhere that does those. We do have a lawyer helping us....but hes slow to contact us so a lot of it we've done ourselves through research and information on here.

Ive already started looking at the AOS (?) stuff for after we marry, but unless something can be organised for the medical then i dont know what will happen.

again the problem is as i cant have the vaccinations....do i still have to have them if i move over?
Old Mar 6th 2009, 7:43 pm
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute

so Dr.Page is just a rude man in general? im sorry your fiance had to deal with him too, at least i know its not because of my problem.

i should of supplied more details im sorry, im 21, female, moving from South-West england to Missouri USA. myself and my fiance (USC) hope to marry end of june.

We've had both NOA1 and NOA2, and received the letter instructing me on packet 3. which im putting together - just waiting on birth certificate and police certificate. oh and US sized passport photos im going to need to find somewhere that does those. We do have a lawyer helping us....but hes slow to contact us so a lot of it we've done ourselves through research and information on here.

Ive already started looking at the AOS (?) stuff for after we marry, but unless something can be organised for the medical then i dont know what will happen.

again the problem is as i cant have the vaccinations....do i still have to have them if i move over?
at your age there are maybe only just one or two....i cant recall the ones dr page said my fiance needed, but my fiance having OCD and wanting to do it right had gotten every single one done.

if you absolutely can not have them, you must have your doctor here in the UK write a very detailed letter stating why etc etc , have your knightsbridge medical, and then when you get into the us and do your AOS, you will probably have to do it all over again
Old Mar 7th 2009, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Marty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud of

A 21 year old female needs Tdap, MMR and HPV. If any of the vaccinations are contraindicated and you bring proof to the medical with you, I don't imagine you'll have a huge problem getting a waiver.

The doctor will put in his report to the embassy that it's not medically appropriate for you to have the vaccinations if that's indeed the case. It's not up to the embassy what immunisations you get, for obvious reasons.

Last edited by Marty J; Mar 7th 2009 at 11:48 am.