Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Packet 3 arrived...now a few questions

Wikiposts

Packet 3 arrived...now a few questions

Old Jan 29th 2004, 12:51 pm
Sleep? What's that?

bubbadog has a spectacular aura aboutbubbadog has a spectacular aura aboutbubbadog has a spectacular aura about
Default Packet 3 arrived...now a few questions

My fiance got packet 3 from London today :PARTY: Now we have a few questions. His police certificate came back "No record found" However, he did have 1 incident 25 years ago that is not reflected there. He had gone to a pub after a very long work week and had a few pints. Rather than attempt to drive home, he decided to walk the 8 miles. Somewhere along the way, he decided to stop on a park bench. Well, he fell asleep and next thing he knew, he was being arrested for public intoxication. The next morning, he was charged and released. In the end, he was fined 10 pounds and that was the end of it. What does he do about declaring this?

One other question...I want to fly over for his interview. I know he can list a preferred travel date...is there any way to request an interview date so I can be there? (OK, I know I am being difficult and I probably already know the answer, but I figured I would ask anyway!)

Thanks for any help you can give!!
Old Jan 30th 2004, 12:53 am
Annya

Default Re: Packet 3 arrived...now a few questions

Hi I also got packet three today am getting very excited..also London
..sorry cant help with your question but I dont think they would count
that
Annya

bubbadog <member13649@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > My fiance got packet 3 from London today :PARTY: Now we have a few
    > questions. His police certificate came back "No record found" However,
    > he did have 1 incident 25 years ago that is not reflected there. He had
    > gone to a pub after a very long work week and had a few pints. Rather
    > than attempt to drive home, he decided to walk the 8 miles. Somewhere
    > along the way, he decided to stop on a park bench. Well, he fell asleep
    > and next thing he knew, he was being arrested for public intoxication.
    > The next morning, he was charged and released. In the end, he was fined
    > 10 pounds and that was the end of it. What does he do about declaring
    > this?
    >
    > One other question...I want to fly over for his interview. I know
    > he can list a preferred travel date...is there any way to request an
    > interview date so I can be there? (OK, I know I am being difficult and I
    > probably already know the answer, but I figured I would ask anyway!)
    >
    >
    > Thanks for any help you can give!!

Old Jan 30th 2004, 4:08 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bub,

He'll have to answer the question about ever being arrested. Just tell him to tell the truth.

Karen D is the expert at getting the exact date you want in London. I'll bump this thread and maybe she'll jump on.

Leslie

P.S. Congratulations on the arrival of P3. It is a milestone.

Originally posted by bubbadog
My fiance got packet 3 from London today :PARTY: Now we have a few questions. His police certificate came back "No record found" However, he did have 1 incident 25 years ago that is not reflected there. He had gone to a pub after a very long work week and had a few pints. Rather than attempt to drive home, he decided to walk the 8 miles. Somewhere along the way, he decided to stop on a park bench. Well, he fell asleep and next thing he knew, he was being arrested for public intoxication. The next morning, he was charged and released. In the end, he was fined 10 pounds and that was the end of it. What does he do about declaring this?

One other question...I want to fly over for his interview. I know he can list a preferred travel date...is there any way to request an interview date so I can be there? (OK, I know I am being difficult and I probably already know the answer, but I figured I would ask anyway!)

Old Jan 30th 2004, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by Leslie66
Hi Bub,

He'll have to answer the question about ever being arrested. Just tell him to tell the truth.

Karen D is the expert at getting the exact date you want in London. I'll bump this thread and maybe she'll jump on.

Leslie

P.S. Congratulations on the arrival of P3. It is a milestone.
Woohoo!

When I sent in my packet 3 forms I said I was going to fly out on the 1 February tho I am not going now till the 1 March. My interview was on the 21st January. I never thought I would get such a quick date.

Good Luck xxx
Old Jan 30th 2004, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Leslie66
Bubba

Just sent you a PM
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 1:26 pm
Sleep? What's that?

bubbadog has a spectacular aura aboutbubbadog has a spectacular aura aboutbubbadog has a spectacular aura about

OK, problem here...he does not remember the exact date, sometime in 1982 is as close as he can get. Court records from back then are not computerized. He can't go in and search himself; only court employees can do that. However, they won't do it without an exact date. What do we do now?
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 5:33 am
K3'ers

sorted is an unknown quantity at this point

OK, problem here...he does not remember the exact date, sometime in 1982 is as close as he can get. Court records from back then are not computerized. He can't go in and search himself; only court employees can do that. However, they won't do it without an exact date. What do we do now?
Hi

Well I have a similar problem as I had a brush with the law in 92 for which I cannot remember the exact date, time, court room. I went down to the court personally and spoke to a nice lady there. She said on the information I had given ie month/year then they would have a look for it. I am still waiting, though this was only a week ago I went. If they cannot find it then they are going to write a letter from the Clerk to the Court stating they cannot find the record in hope that this will do. My Person Record is clean too. I'm not sure if this will be enough but I have absolutley no other way of knowing the exact info...
This is probably no help to you but you are not alone with this one!
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 5:44 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I can't imagine the consulate hasn't run into this before. I know CharlieS had a similar problem and was dealing with the same consulate. Basically, something that had happened a long time ago that was not showing up on the police report. He did disclose it but I can't remember the details of exactly how he resolved it all. He also had additional stress because of an overstay in the U.S., and did not want to risk appearing as if he was trying to hide anything.

Old Feb 9th 2004, 9:31 am
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

I'm not sure if you have already solved your problem as far as gathering court records but what I discovered is thus:

If there is no mention of the deed on your police report, contact the court where you appeared and explain that, even though you remember it was roughly 19XX that you appeared, you do not know the exact date. If the records are not computerised, they will send you a letter stating that no record of your appearence could be found by them, This letter is what you will produce at the consulate interview.
On a side note, the trend seems to be that you disclose your crime, yet your police report is clean, they do not even look at your court documents. Saying that, have them handy just in case.

Good luck
Old Feb 9th 2004, 9:54 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Ahoy the Charlie. This concludes this transmission.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 11:15 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Arrested for public intoxication?? Oh My I have never heard of such a thing in my life
My cousin got so trash a few years ago, he slept on a park bench, when he woke up there were 2 cops there, they asked him what was he doing?, he told them, he didnt want to drive because he was drunk, and they let him go
Anyway CONGRATS ON GETTING PACKET 3!!!
Old Feb 9th 2004, 12:46 pm
Sleep? What's that?

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Arrested for public intoxication?? Oh My I have never heard of such a thing in my life
My cousin got so trash a few years ago, he slept on a park bench, when he woke up there were 2 cops there, they asked him what was he doing?, he told them, he didnt want to drive because he was drunk, and they let him go
Anyway CONGRATS ON GETTING PACKET 3!!!
LOL...I wish that were the case here! Not to be a nag, but shouldn't you be packing or sleeping? The big day is almost here for you!! :PARTY:
Old Feb 9th 2004, 10:48 pm
Sleep? What's that?

After a few groveling e-mails to London, I got this reply this mornining!

"I am pleased to inform you that your fiance's appointment for his formal visa interview and medical examination is scheduled for March 25, 2004 at 8:00 a.m. Written confirmation of the date and time of the visa interview will be mailed to him this week."

This is the exact time and date we wanted so that I can go to the interview with him!! London rocks!! :PARTY: