pack 3 OF-230 and OF-169 how to delay process

Wikiposts

pack 3 OF-230 and OF-169 how to delay process

Old Jan 24th 2009, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

miami078 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default pack 3 OF-230 and OF-169 how to delay process

hey there

my husband and I are currently applying for an I-130 through the london embassy. I am a uk citizen and my husband is US citizen. after submitting our I-130 we have now received our notification of approval and a (what i think is called ) pack 3 which has the OF-230 part 1 and OF-169 in.

The covering letter tells us we must submit the OF-230 immediatly and when we are ready for an interview to send the enclosed form in the pack. However when i contacted the embassy they told us to send both forms together only when we were ready for interview.

we are not ready for the interview yet as my husband has to fly back to the states for a few months, and therefore we dont want to have our interview until june. My question is should we send the OF-230 immediatly? by sending this form does it make the embassy think we are ready to be interviewed? by not sending it immediatly and waiting 3 months will the embassy cancel our application?

I think my question is after receiving the pack 3 how long can we wait before submitting the forms without jeapordising our application? I think we are in the position were we are trying to delay the process, which i admit is a good position to be in.

also on the form we must send to notify the embassy we are ready for interview it asks us to state a date of travel, we dont have a date, is it possible to leave this blank or put an approximate e.g august to october? we were waiting to have the visa approved before making concrete plans.

any answers would be very much appreciated.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 1:40 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: pack 3 OF-230 and OF-169 how to delay process

Originally Posted by miami078
hey there

my husband and I are currently applying for an I-130 through the london embassy. I am a uk citizen and my husband is US citizen. after submitting our I-130 we have now received our notification of approval and a (what i think is called ) pack 3 which has the OF-230 part 1 and OF-169 in.

The covering letter tells us we must submit the OF-230 immediatly and when we are ready for an interview to send the enclosed form in the pack. However when i contacted the embassy they told us to send both forms together only when we were ready for interview.

we are not ready for the interview yet as my husband has to fly back to the states for a few months, and therefore we dont want to have our interview until june. My question is should we send the OF-230 immediatly? by sending this form does it make the embassy think we are ready to be interviewed? by not sending it immediatly and waiting 3 months will the embassy cancel our application?

I think my question is after receiving the pack 3 how long can we wait before submitting the forms without jeapordising our application? I think we are in the position were we are trying to delay the process, which i admit is a good position to be in.

also on the form we must send to notify the embassy we are ready for interview it asks us to state a date of travel, we dont have a date, is it possible to leave this blank or put an approximate e.g august to october? we were waiting to have the visa approved before making concrete plans.

any answers would be very much appreciated.
Hi:

You have a year to respond to requests from the Embassy.