Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Overwhelmed! Timing question.

Overwhelmed! Timing question.

Old Mar 27th 2014, 6:31 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Overwhelmed! Timing question.

Originally Posted by Jonion
I don't know what 'AP' stands for?
If it happens, you'll find out quickly what it is. Otherwise, Google is your friend.

Ian
Old Apr 1st 2014, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Jonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond repute

So I now know what AP stands for.
As it's been showing on my status for 4 days.
Should I be concerned yet?

Others have shown it at that status for only one day before showing 'issued'.
Old Apr 1st 2014, 1:32 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

As it's been showing on my status for 4 days.
Should I be concerned yet?
There's really no way to know if you should be concerned or not.

Do you have a travel history that includes the Middle East or countries on the terrorist watch list? Do you have an Islamic name or heritage? These are the main reasons why people are put into AP. If that's the case, then your visa could be delayed by many weeks or months.

Or, it could just be a delay in getting your visa ready! Perhaps the person was off sick a few days and your info didn't get to the next stage... or perhaps it did get to the next stage and that person was off sick!

There's no way to know for sure.

Others have shown it at that status for only one day before showing 'issued'.
This is why you shouldn't try to compare your case with someone else's. Their timeline will likely not be your timeline... and there's no one who can actually tell you what a "normal" timeline is in terms of processing.

Ian
Old Apr 1st 2014, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Do you have a travel history that includes the Middle East or countries on the terrorist watch list? Do you have an Islamic name or heritage?
No, nothing even remotely like that.

This is why you shouldn't try to compare your case with someone else's. Their timeline will likely not be your timeline... and there's no one who can actually tell you what a "normal" timeline is in terms of processing.
I'm aware that no two cases are identical. I was merely looking at two others, one a few days before, one the same day, that I know were only on AP for one day and then issued and received.
Mine should have been no more complicated from what I know.
It's just a concern when it's held like this and you have no real way of knowing why or for how long.
Old Apr 1st 2014, 6:17 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

It's just a concern when it's held like this and you have no real way of knowing why or for how long.
That's why it's not such a great idea for the applicant to have access to every single small detail of his/her case....it causes needless worry and concern. If you didn't know there was an AP message just before an Approved message, you wouldn't be stressed out right now.

Rene
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Totally agree Rene.
It's like torture seeing that and still not knowing for sure.

Anyway I can stop behaving out of character now, stressing over things isn't my usual way.

U.S. Department of State
NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
Issued
Application ID or Case Number: LND *some numbers* LND
Case Creation Date: 28-Mar-2014
Status Updated Date: 02-Apr-2014
Now I can get on with the headless chicken regime I seem to have developed.

Thanks folks :-)
Old Apr 4th 2014, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Got the email confirming the Visa being handed to the courier.
Should have it in-hand on Monday :-)
Old Apr 7th 2014, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Received the package today.
Passport with Visa intact.
And secret envelope with secret things in it.

Just waiting for someone organised to arrange all the other stuff now.
I'm ready to leave right now, shame the cars and house aren't so well prepared, damn inanimate objects!

:-)
Old Apr 7th 2014, 4:15 pm
Account Closed

Received the package today.
Passport with Visa intact.
And secret envelope with secret things in it.
Excellent.

Ian
Old May 19th 2014, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Long time no update (or questions) so here we go.

Arrived in the USA on K-1 visa at the weekend.
The Dutch border guy asked trickier questions than the US guy did.

I'm having a couple of days r & r before embarking on the next step but have a query in the meantime.

When I got here I left the airport with no additional paperwork at all.
Just the stamp and date entry in the passport.

Was I meant to be given anything else? Such an I-94 for example?

Has something gone awry?
Old May 19th 2014, 7:22 pm
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Long time no update (or questions) so here we go.

Arrived in the USA on K-1 visa at the weekend.
The Dutch border guy asked trickier questions than the US guy did.

I'm having a couple of days r & r before embarking on the next step but have a query in the meantime.

When I got here I left the airport with no additional paperwork at all.
Just the stamp and date entry in the passport.

Was I meant to be given anything else? Such an I-94 for example?

Has something gone awry?
I94s are online now. I don't have the link handy but Google it and it should come up.
Old May 19th 2014, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BunnyGirl
I94s are online now. I don't have the link handy but Google it and it should come up.

I just looked and was about to answer myself as well

I read the Wiki on here and had a moment, then recalled that it's not always up to date.