Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Overwhelmed! Timing question.

Overwhelmed! Timing question.

Old Jan 23rd 2014, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Overwhelmed! Timing question.

Sorry for delayed reply. I'm back in Ole Blighty now.

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Do you think there might be something on it that could affect your medical or visa? Have you been arrested for anything?
Well it came back 'no live trace' so I assume there is something on it but I have no idea what until I get the subject access report back.
Might be a non-payment of Poll Tax or driving offences from way back, can't think of anything else it could be.
Old Feb 13th 2014, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond repute

A little update.

I got the subject access report back today.
As suspected it was only motoring offences. All from the same instance 25 years ago.

Would I be right to think that this will have no effect on my visa application?

At least now I can book the medical and get things moving along again.

Once I get chance to sit down with all the paperwork I will update with the timeline so that others can see it.
I don't think it has taken as long as it might have done though.
Panic stage is setting in now.
Old Feb 14th 2014, 10:15 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonion
A little update.

I got the subject access report back today.
As suspected it was only motoring offences. All from the same instance 25 years ago.

Would I be right to think that this will have no effect on my visa application?

At least now I can book the medical and get things moving along again.

Once I get chance to sit down with all the paperwork I will update with the timeline so that others can see it.
I don't think it has taken as long as it might have done though.
Panic stage is setting in now.
No, motoring offences won't have any effect on your visa application (assuming you mean speeding and not hit and run...)

Why panic? After all these months of waiting you finally get to move things forward
Old Feb 14th 2014, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Long story on the driving offences but basically I got a ban.
I had an issue with my licence that deemed me as not being licenced for a medical investigation.. back when diabetes was seen as witchcraft. DVLA failed to tell me about it and the judge gave me as light a ban as possible given that I had already pleaded guilty on a technicality.

But no nothing like hit & run or drunk driving etc.. in fact I wasn't even moving at the time, I was in the local police station car park lol

Panic!
Because while in the US I'm quite optimistic.. back here in the UK I get decidedly pessimistic.
Then I see how much I still have to get done before I can make the move if they give me a visa.
Old Feb 14th 2014, 11:41 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Long story on the driving offences but basically I got a ban.
I had an issue with my licence that deemed me as not being licenced for a medical investigation.. back when diabetes was seen as witchcraft. DVLA failed to tell me about it and the judge gave me as light a ban as possible given that I had already pleaded guilty on a technicality.

But no nothing like hit & run or drunk driving etc.. in fact I wasn't even moving at the time, I was in the local police station car park lol

Panic!
Because while in the US I'm quite optimistic.. back here in the UK I get decidedly pessimistic.
Then I see how much I still have to get done before I can make the move when they give me a visa.
FIFY

You'll be fine! You need to start thinking like an American - over-enthusiastic optimism all the way!! (I'm trying to teach my fiance the British way of cynical pessimism, we're getting there slowly )

Just break down the stuff to get done into little steps
Old Feb 14th 2014, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

It's a tough battle between the two. I tell the gf that while I'm being cynically pessimistic I'm assuring we're not surprised when it all goes pear shaped.
She just cheers and 'whoops'

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Just trying to work out if I need to ring the Embassy now.
Going to book my medical today but I read that I need to contact the embassy as well.
Old Feb 14th 2014, 12:09 pm
Hoppity hop...

It's a tough battle between the two. I tell the gf that while I'm being cynically pessimistic I'm assuring we're not surprised when it all goes pear shaped.
She just cheers and 'whoops'
Yes, this!

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Just trying to work out if I need to ring the Embassy now.
Going to book my medical today but I read that I need to contact the embassy as well.
Sorry, haven't read your whole thread, ring the Embassy for what?

You've obviously received your case number in order to book your medical. Has your file arrived in London yet from NVC? If so then yes, book your medical, complete DS-160 and send in the Notification of Readiness form, in that order
Old Feb 14th 2014, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes the file is in London. Already done the DS-160.
It was on that confirmation that it mentions contacting the embassy.

Notification of Readiness form.
not sure I've got that far. I may have been aware of it and set it aside in my head until I need to look at it again.

I need to sit down and go through it all again and see where I'm at I think.
Old Feb 14th 2014, 12:21 pm
Hoppity hop...

Yes the file is in London. Already done the DS-160.
It was on that confirmation that it mentions contacting the embassy.

Notification of Readiness form.
not sure I've got that far. I may have been aware of it and set it aside in my head until I need to look at it again.

I need to sit down and go through it all again and see where I'm at I think.
I think you just need to contact the Embassy with the Notification of Readiness (online form) but double check your letter.

The process is to:

1) schedule your medical
2) complete the DS-160
3) submit your notification of readiness form (this asks for the date of your medical)
4) attend medical
5) wait for interview date from Embassy

You're supposed to wait until you've compiled all your documents ready for interview before you submit the Readiness form but, given that they won't schedule the interview until after they've received the results of the medical, (and it's usually 4-6 weeks later) then you've got plenty of time to compile everything (unless your case is particularly complicated I guess!)
Old Feb 14th 2014, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

It's a pretty simple case I think.

I got a letter from the USE while I was in the US over Xmas and did the DS-160 online then.
I couldn't book the medical until now as I was waiting for the subject Access report.

I think I'll just book the medical for now then look through it all again later.
Old Feb 14th 2014, 12:33 pm
Hoppity hop...

It's a pretty simple case I think.

I got a letter from the USE while I was in the US over Xmas and did the DS-160 online then.
I couldn't book the medical until now as I was waiting for the subject Access report.

I think I'll just book the medical for now then look through it all again later.
Sounds good, just bear in mind that the Embassy won't schedule your interview until they've received both the results of your medical AND your Notification of Readiness form
Old Feb 14th 2014, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Got my medical booked.
Had the choice of either the 21st at 8:30am.. or 24th at 1:30pm.
I took the sensible option
Old Feb 14th 2014, 3:41 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Had the choice of either the 21st at 8:30am.. or 24th at 1:30pm.
I took the sensible option
Right... good luck with your interview on the 21st!

Ian
Old Feb 14th 2014, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cheers
Old Feb 14th 2014, 4:48 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BunnyGirl
You need to start thinking like an American - over-enthusiastic optimism all the way!! (I'm trying to teach my fiance the British way of cynical pessimism, we're getting there slowly )
God that is so true!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.