Wikiposts

over cautious?

Old Dec 15th 2009, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

London7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud of
Default over cautious?

Hi all!!!

Wanted to get your views on my query....

As you know I was "flagged" within the system last February. Since that date I have always been referred to secondary and always carried ties to Canada and have never been refused entry.

On my lawyers advise I changed border crossing from Sumas to Pacific Crossing and the officers there have been very sympathetic and even advised me to apply to DHS Trip, which I did, last week.

So, I am leaving about 6 - 8 weeks between visits now, this is causing huge tension in my relationship as my boyfriend thinks I am being paranoid and over cautious....

He feels I have strong ties and should not worry about it.

My view....I think i have been a little over cautious but given that we are palnning our lives there long term and he will not consider Canada, it makes sense for me to be sensible and leave bigger gaps in between visits...

So, view appreciated..... and happy xmas to all!!!!!
Old Dec 15th 2009, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: over cautious?

My initial reaction to your boyfriend is..if he doesn't like it, tell him to do the travelling! Probably not very helpful
Old Dec 15th 2009, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

London7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lisa67
My initial reaction to your boyfriend is..if he doesn't like it, tell him to do the travelling! Probably not very helpful
ha ha........fair point! especially as the reason I got flagged is that I was going in a little too much in their eyes!
Old Dec 15th 2009, 1:00 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

I think you're over cautious. I'd continue to take short trips, and travel with current evidence of ties and employment.

Last edited by crg; Dec 15th 2009 at 2:04 pm.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 1:22 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by London7
He feels I have strong ties and should not worry about it.
Easy to say... from someone who isn't taking any of the risk.

So, view appreciated...
I think you're being prudently cautious. So... two thumbs up!

Ian
Old Dec 15th 2009, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Easy to say... from someone who isn't taking any of the risk.

I think you're being prudently cautious. So... two thumbs up!

Ian

Ian..thanks.....I guess I feel deep down that if anything went wrong, ie refusal of entry, then he would not move up here....and thats my future plans up in the air (TN1 next spring - thats my goal).....maybe I have been a little too paranoid, but there is alot at stake for me......and for some reason my boyfriend cannot see that....hummm maybe its not ex pats I need, maybe its a relationship site....thanks for the reply, happy xmas!
Old Dec 15th 2009, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crg
I think you're over cautious. I'd continue to take short trips, and travel with current evidence of ties and employment.
As I said to Ian,I think I have been a little over paranoid, but its been my plan for so long, and I do not think this guy will stand by me, if ultimately they refuse entry.
but thanks for the reply! happy xmas!!!!
Old Dec 15th 2009, 2:15 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

As I said to Ian,I think I have been a little over paranoid, but its been my plan for so long, and I do not think this guy will stand by me, if ultimately they refuse entry.
but thanks for the reply! happy xmas!!!!
If you are refused entry, then just start K-1 fiance visa process. You'll be back together in about 6 to 8 months! And in the meantime, while waiting, he can come visit you.

If he wants you to risk getting denied, but also doesn't want to do the fiance visa, then he's not the right one for you, IMO.

Rene
Old Dec 15th 2009, 2:21 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Which occupation/category will you be seeking a TN for?
Old Dec 15th 2009, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crg
Which occupation/category will you be seeking a TN for?
I am an attorney . (England and Washington)
Old Dec 15th 2009, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Noorah101
If you are refused entry, then just start K-1 fiance visa process. You'll be back together in about 6 to 8 months! And in the meantime, while waiting, he can come visit you.

If he wants you to risk getting denied, but also doesn't want to do the fiance visa, then he's not the right one for you, IMO.

Rene
Hi

awww, thanks...you are right..... its funny, we were just on the phone and he said...I will marry you tomorrow if you get refused entry...very romantic!!!!
Old Dec 15th 2009, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

awww, thanks...you are right..... its funny, we were just on the phone and he said...I will marry you tomorrow if you get refused entry...very romantic!!!!
awww
Old Dec 15th 2009, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lisa67
awww
hummmm.........great, so I have to wait for US Customs to refuse me entry before he will propose...something wrong there me thinks!!!!
Old Dec 16th 2009, 12:07 am
BE Forum Addict

hummmm.........great, so I have to wait for US Customs to refuse me entry before he will propose...something wrong there me thinks!!!!
or.... you just tell him you got refused
Old Dec 16th 2009, 6:10 am
Pedantic Moron

Michelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond repute

You're a smart girl and it seems you know what the situation holds for you. You have a lot of thinking to do but IMO, dump his lazy butt for someone who appreciates you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.