Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Our worst nightmare RFE.. what now?

Wikiposts

Our worst nightmare RFE.. what now?

Old Jan 28th 2004, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

gbfankate is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Our worst nightmare RFE.. what now?

Also, I was wondering if it does take time to get our RFE processed is the senator or congresman from my home area that I contact??

Thank you everyone again,
Katie
Old Jan 28th 2004, 6:01 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by gbfankate
I hope it is easy, but I worry that we will have to at least take the time to deal with it that it takes to fedex things back and forth.... do you think it taking 5 or 6 days for my mother to send it back will slow us down further?? How much does it matter how long it takes to get sent back? I just want to get this over with as fast as possible...

Katie,

Why do you and your mother have to Fedex things back and forth overseas? Maybe she can just take care of it for you. It could be as simple a copy of your birth certificate.

Is there anybody out there who has had an RFE that can tell us exactly what you had to do? Does it require new signatures, or something else that would require Katie to have to "lay hands" on it?
Old Jan 28th 2004, 6:05 am
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold

I would say wait and see what it is.. if its as simple as a missing document or an n/a type thing, then ya, mom can fix it..

if its something else, hard to say

hope that helps.. I am sure the rfe will be there soon as then you'll know what you are dealing with.
Old Jan 28th 2004, 8:46 am
Mrraveltay

souls canuck wrote:

> I would say wait and see what it is.. if its as simple as a missing
    > document or an n/a type thing, then ya, mom can fix it..
    >
    > if its
    > something else, hard to say
    >
    > hope that helps.. I am sure the rfe will be
    > there soon as then you'll know what you are dealing with.
    >

I agree.. I would hardly call an RFE notice "Our worst nightmare"
Rejection of a petition or visa application might qualify, or a serious
injury right before immigrating might qualify, but an RFE doesn't seem
like a big deal normally.

Old Jan 28th 2004, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

amol_k3 is an unknown quantity at this point

My RFE was that they wanted to see the original marriage certificate. If it is just an original certificate they want (birth, marriage, whatever), your mom should be able to send that. If there are corrections to the 129F or G325A, I don't know if they send back the one you submitted and you correct it and send it back, or if you send in new one's in which case Katie would need to re-sign them.

In terms of delays, I sent my RFE response back to the NBC through overnight mail, so they received it on 12/2. The online status acknowledges them "receiving" the additional documents on 12/9 - so about a week after they receive it for it through flow through the system and get picked up so to speak.

Regarding your congressman/senator, you can find them through:
http://www.house.gov/
http://www.senate.gov/

Some people contact their congressman first, some I think just contact both from the start. I'm into week 3 waiting for them to respond to my case status inquiry, so if I don't hear back by Monday I'm planning on writing to both the congressman and senator.

Hope that helps.

Amol