Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Our worst nightmare RFE.. what now?

Wikiposts

Our worst nightmare RFE.. what now?

Old Jan 26th 2004, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

gbfankate is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Our worst nightmare RFE.. what now?

My husband and I are pratically in tears because just found out we have an RFE(NOA 1 Nov 7th). I really don't know what to do because I'm in England with my husband. Our RFE was supposedly sent on Friday to my address where my mother lives. The only things I can possibly think of it being is the stupid none or n/a things, which won't make me happy considering in the instrustions it said to put n/a and my husband and I have never before been married so that would make it not applicable... Otherwise I could only think they might not of been happy with the pictures though we did our best to make them right. I have heard that some people have had trouble with birth certificates, though I thought mine was good, it sure looked official, but I'm ordering one online from the state today just incase.
I guess all I can ask is I've heard mixed information on RFE's... In some cases I've heard that they are suppose to take somewhere around 30 days but in others it seems like people have had to start all over again. Whats the truth?
I don't know what to do because to be honest my husband and I are in very bad circumstances over here. We can't possibly get our own place because we can't be tied to a lease and yet his father that we have no choiced but to live with is a very scary person. We were counting the days until we could get out of here and never have to set foot back here again... yet now have to start all over again? I just wish there was something I could do and am wondering if I or my mother should contact our congressman to see what can be done.
God please help see us through this...

Katie
Old Jan 26th 2004, 8:24 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our worst nightmare RFE.. what now?

Just wait and see what the RFE is for. Many of them are quite easily resolved. An RFE probably means that you WON'T have to start all over again and it could be a good sign (somebody is working on your petition.) You won't lose your place in line either, but it could add some additional time to your wait so be prepared for that.

Originally posted by gbfankate
My husband and I are pratically in tears because just found out we have an RFE(NOA 1 Nov 7th). I really don't know what to do because I'm in England with my husband. Our RFE was supposedly sent on Friday to my address where my mother lives. The only things I can possibly think of it being is the stupid none or n/a things, which won't make me happy considering in the instrustions it said to put n/a and my husband and I have never before been married so that would make it not applicable... Otherwise I could only think they might not of been happy with the pictures though we did our best to make them right. I have heard that some people have had trouble with birth certificates, though I thought mine was good, it sure looked official, but I'm ordering one online from the state today just incase.
I guess all I can ask is I've heard mixed information on RFE's... In some cases I've heard that they are suppose to take somewhere around 30 days but in others it seems like people have had to start all over again. Whats the truth?
I don't know what to do because to be honest my husband and I are in very bad circumstances over here. We can't possibly get our own place because we can't be tied to a lease and yet his father that we have no choiced but to live with is a very scary person. We were counting the days until we could get out of here and never have to set foot back here again... yet now have to start all over again? I just wish there was something I could do and am wondering if I or my mother should contact our congressman to see what can be done.

Katie
Old Jan 26th 2004, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

I also am going to need to know if there is anyw ay to extend my stay in England for just a couple months because I'm coming to the end of my 6 allowed months... Would I have to go home and re-enter and would I have any troubles with this? Due to the situation here I really need to be with my husband here because me being here is the only thing that keeps things at all stable. I can't apply for UK spousal visa to allow me to stay here without problems because right now my husband is not employed in this country...

Katie
Old Jan 26th 2004, 8:33 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I also am going to need to know if there is anyw ay to extend my stay in England for just a couple months because I'm coming to the end of my 6 allowed months... Would I have to go home and re-enter and would I have any troubles with this? Due to the situation here I really need to be with my husband here because me being here is the only thing that keeps things at all stable. I can't apply for UK spousal visa to allow me to stay here without problems because right now my husband is not employed in this country...

Katie
I'm sorry that you're having such a hard time. These questions are a little out of my league though, maybe some Brits can chime in.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Leslie66
Just wait and see what the RFE is for. Many of them are quite easily resolved. An RFE probably means that you WON'T have to start all over again and it could be a good sign (somebody is working on your petition.) You won't lose your place in line either, but it could add some additional time to your wait so be prepared for that.
Thank you for your time... I do hope it doesn't take too long, I know if we have to send anything back and forth we are going to have to fedex. I cringe we I see RFe's that take 2 months though, because basically that means they might as well of had to start all over again.

Thanks, KAtie
Old Jan 26th 2004, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for your time... I do hope it doesn't take too long, I know if we have to send anything back and forth we are going to have to fedex. I cringe we I see RFe's that take 2 months though, because basically that means they might as well of had to start all over again.

Thanks, KAtie
oops When I see
Old Jan 26th 2004, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

I know some people have had trouble with a birth certicate being county issued instead of state issues(although I had always thought brith certificates were only issued by the county). So I want to order the state-issued one and have it overnighted to my home in the states just so it is there just incase... so I order it from the department of health or something else??(born in Texas)

Thanks again,
Katie
Old Jan 26th 2004, 8:47 am
WTF?

I know some people have had trouble with a birth certicate being county issued instead of state issues(although I had always thought brith certificates were only issued by the county). So I want to order the state-issued one and have it overnighted to my home in the states just so it is there just incase... so I order it from the department of health or something else??(born in Texas)

Thanks again,
Katie
http://www.vitalchek.com/?clicked=1

I used this website to order mine on-line and I didn't get and RFE.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 8:54 am
Scott and Nanette

ScottHenshaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Really sorry to here that you got an RFE. I know that when I was waiting for my I-129f to be processed at Nebraska getting an RFE was one of my worst fears. Although I was fortunate and did not get one, I read many many posts about it and always found some comfort knowing that an RFE is not then end of the road, but a delay. I think that Leslie66 has offered some really good advice and which is to more or less try to relax and just deal with the RFE when you find out what they need. It might be to answer a stupid question, addition docs needs, etc. , regardless it is a temporary setback only. As with every other bump in the immigration road, this too shall pass...

Scott
Old Jan 26th 2004, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Me - Illinois, USA / Husband - Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Michi is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks again,
Katie
This is the first i've heard of....I thought all birth certificates were the same!!! I had never heard of state issued birth certificate!! Oh my god, I hope I don't get an RFE for this. Just in case i'm going to order one, doesn't hurt to have it anyways.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 9:03 am
WTF?

Originally posted by Michi
This is the first i've heard of....I thought all birth certificates were the same!!! I had never heard of state issued birth certificate!! Oh my god, I hope I don't get an RFE for this. Just in case i'm going to order one, doesn't hurt to have it anyways.

Where did you get your birth certificate, Michi?
Old Jan 26th 2004, 9:05 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Kate,

Whether or not either you or your fiance have been married before is very applicable. The CIS wants to know, yes or no, not 'I'm not going to tell you' which is effectively what 'N/A' says to them.

That aside, it may not be easy but your really don't serve yourself well by letting your imagination run wild as to what the issue of the RFE might be. When you find out you'll be able to deal with it, but until you find out try to not go jousting with windmills.

Regards, JEff

Katie
Old Jan 26th 2004, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Michi
Mine was one my mother got from the county years ago and I really don't know for sure, don't mean to scare anyone, I did see one person on here say they sent one that looked official but really they needed a state-issued... so I really don't know, I don't even know what the difference is, but I'm going to get another one anyway.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 9:09 am
WTF?

Mine was one my mother got from the county years ago and I really don't know for sure, don't mean to scare anyone, I did see one person on here say they sent one that looked official but really they needed a state-issued... so I really don't know, I don't even know what the difference is, but I'm going to get another one anyway.

If it was the one that the hospital gave her, that could be a problem. I have heard of people getting RFE's because those are not considered "official".
Old Jan 26th 2004, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Me - Illinois, USA / Husband - Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Michi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Leslie66
Where did you get your birth certificate, Michi?
I got both my marriage and birth certificate at my local County Clerk's office.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.