Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

our timeline for petition approval

Wikiposts

our timeline for petition approval

Old Oct 12th 2001, 10:02 am
Winnie Pang

Here is our experience so far:

petition for K-1 visa received at VSC: Sept. 7 First Notice of Action Date: Sept. 19
Petition Approval (as heard through the automated recording): Oct. 11

Old Oct 12th 2001, 4:32 pm
Doug Melville

Congratulations Winnie!!!, hope you have all the rest of the paperwork organised

Doug

http://www.marriagebasedvisas.org/ho...elanie-n-Doug/

>
    >
    >
    >

Old Oct 13th 2001, 10:20 pm
Hirsh Eisenberg

How long did it take for VSC to cash your check and for you to actually receive the
1st NOA? I've been waiting for a few weeks now just for some evidence that VSC is
actually working on my petition.

Thanks in advance, Hirsh

Winnie Pang wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >

Old Oct 14th 2001, 3:41 am
Winnie Pang

My fiance received the receipt notice shortly before receiving the 1st NOA. The 1st
NOA was received around Sept. 19. I don't remember exactly when his check was cashed.
To the best of my recollection, it was sometime in the second half of September but
I'm not entirely certain on that.

Hirsh Eisenberg wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Here is our experience so far:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > petition for K-1 visa received at VSC: Sept. 7 First Notice of Action Date: Sept.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > 19 Petition Approval (as heard through the automated recording): Oct. 11[/usenetquote2]

Old Oct 15th 2001, 6:17 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Winnie,

Did you post this information to the I-129f Timelines web site at <http://www.marriagebasedvisas.org/visa/k-1/index.php>?

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Winnie Pang
Here is our experience so far:

petition for K-1 visa received at VSC: Sept. 7 First Notice of Action Date: Sept. 19
Petition Approval (as heard through the automated recording): Oct. 11
Old Oct 15th 2001, 6:50 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Is this now the official site for the K-1 pages? Or just another website? I know that someone(s) else was working on setting up and maintaining an official site but that has been like two years in the making.

If it is, would like to know so that I can change the referrals on my signature.

Rita
Old Oct 15th 2001, 6:54 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh never mind I got my answer. It isn't the official site. The site that has been in use for the last 4 years is still there and available.

Rita ;-)
Old Oct 15th 2001, 7:22 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Rita,

I don't know what site is the "official site for the K-1 pages", but I referenced the site that is an older one updated several months or so ago to allow searches. There is also another, relatively newer site that has a lot less data on it. I checked them both to be sure that I got the one I wanted, the older more extensive one, before posting.

I don't see the site I referenced in the list following your signature. I got to the site from The Mysterious Sealed Brown Envelope, which is in your list.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Rete
Is this now the official site for the K-1 pages? Or just another website? I know that someone(s) else was working on setting up and maintaining an official site but that has been like two years in the making.

If it is, would like to know so that I can change the referrals on my signature.

Rita
Old Oct 15th 2001, 8:29 am
Concierge

Jeff

The site you referenced is not found on my signature because I don't know much about this site except that it was started a while ago but never fully developed and/or maintained and has been switched around time and again as per the thanks for your assistance and maintenance acknowledgements at the end of the first page.

My signature only includes Alvena's former site and the official K-1 sites which were started original by Mike the FAQ Guy (K-1 FAQ with link to Mysterious Brown Envelope). I don't even reference Jonathan's site because he had taken it down in fear of retaliation by the Bar Association and when he reinstituted it, I never re-included it on my signature.

Rita