Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Our AOS Interview Today.

Our AOS Interview Today.

Old Mar 4th 2009, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

Gooner26 is just really niceGooner26 is just really niceGooner26 is just really niceGooner26 is just really niceGooner26 is just really niceGooner26 is just really niceGooner26 is just really niceGooner26 is just really nice
Default Our AOS Interview Today.

Hi -

We had our AOS interview in Chicago today. After hearing some "interview horror stories" we were greeted by an officer with a big grin, who took us in to the room and was happy to have some light hearted banter with us. He was great with us, looked through our wedding album and photos weve had since 04', and we were in there no more than 15 minutes.

He said "this will be approved this afternoon and you will get your GC in a couple of weeks time".

He took my EAD card back from me, is that normal procedure?

Thanks.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 5:28 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our AOS Interview Today.

Congratulations!! Yes, it's normal to have your EAD taken. Once you are a PR, you no longer need it.

Rene
Old Mar 4th 2009, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

Gooner26 is just really niceGooner26 is just really niceGooner26 is just really niceGooner26 is just really niceGooner26 is just really niceGooner26 is just really niceGooner26 is just really niceGooner26 is just really nice

Ok cool... thanks!

I didnt get a stamp in my passport. Ive read some people get the I-551(??) stamped at the actual interview.

Is there a reason why some people do get it and some dont?

Thanks.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 5:41 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gooner26
Ok cool... thanks!

I didnt get a stamp in my passport. Ive read some people get the I-551(??) stamped at the actual interview.

Is there a reason why some people do get it and some dont?

Thanks.
It used to be that you could ask for the stamp at the interview (we did, in 2005, and got it). Some offices would comply, and some wouldn't. I think it was rare for an office to offer the stamp, you had to ask for it.

But lately I've heard the offices don't even do that anymore, even if you ask for it. They just tell you to wait the couple of weeks it takes for the green card to come in the mail.

Rene
Old Mar 4th 2009, 7:42 am
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Well done!

Mine was on Monday, she took my green slip that was stapled into my passport and that was it, I was even looking around the room for any sign of a stamp, but nothing.

She didn't even give me any hope of anything being approved and just said you'll hear within 90 days.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

Its odd how different the officers can be by the sounds of it.

Our guy was so relaxed and chilled out it was kind of surreal, especailly as we had been preparing ourselves all week to get some one with a more authoritarian approach.

Have you heard anything since Monday, MrEmjoy?

Im going to keep a check of our status online, but our officer sounded like it was a mere formality - but we dont want to assume anything until we get that "APPROVED!!!!!!!"
Old Mar 4th 2009, 8:06 am
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

No, nothing, I check online daily, hourly even!

Do you live in Chicago?
Old Mar 4th 2009, 8:06 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

For every horror story there is a thousand good stories. Unfortunately, people who have the horror stores are the ones that stand out in your mind. Your experience is the same as mine, and others. Congratulations.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

Yes, we actually live 9 minutes from the Chicago USCIS offices which is handy!!

Thanks for the the vote of confidence, Rete!!!
Old Mar 5th 2009, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

I love the Adjudicators, I just love em, lol. Congrats. on your approval. Enjoy your GC.