Our AOS Experience (Minnesota)

Wikiposts

Our AOS Experience (Minnesota)

Old Dec 17th 2003, 1:32 am
unDAUNTEd

KissingtheBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Our AOS Experience (Minnesota)

Well, it's done.

After many sleepless nights, we can finally breathe easily after attending our AOS interview yesterday in Bloomington, MN.

Our appointment was at 1:45 and we arrived at about 1:15 - just to be safe. We cleared through security - only the baby carrier set off the metal detector.

We waited in the lobby for a while and after about 45 minutes an officer came out and called a different couple. Then he called our names and told us he was running behind, but would get to us next. He seemed friendly.

After about 20 minutes he came back out and called us in. KJ was just waking up, but she stayed quiet and just stared at the officer. She seemed to know that something important was happening.

We went to his office where he swore us in and then asked us a few very simple questions. Our full names, where we worked, how we met. I was surprised he didn't want to know more! He asked for a few things - copies of some utility bills, KJ's birth certificate, employment letters and our 2002 taxes. I had done up a new I864 (including KJ), but he didn't ask for it.

I practically had to force our wedding pictures on him, and he looked at them super fast. He commented that we had quite a bit of evidence (weeks of compiling and organizing paid off) and that he would approve our case.

So, he had David supply a fingerprint and sign the signature card and then he stamped David's brand new passport (just obtained from the British Embassy two weeks ago). He went over the removal of conditions and then said "Happy Holidays".

Let me tell you, that was the BEST Christmas present we could have asked for.

All in all, it was painless. He was very nice.

Good luck to all that are awaiting interviews (or anything remotely USCIS related). We are wishing you well this holiday season.

And many thanks to those that were helpful as we made this journey.

Angela, Dave and KJ
Old Dec 17th 2003, 2:08 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our AOS Experience (Minnesota)

Originally posted by KissingtheBrit
Well, it's done.

After many sleepless nights, we can finally breathe easily after attending our AOS interview yesterday in Bloomington, MN.

Our appointment was at 1:45 and we arrived at about 1:15 - just to be safe. We cleared through security - only the baby carrier set off the metal detector.

We waited in the lobby for a while and after about 45 minutes an officer came out and called a different couple. Then he called our names and told us he was running behind, but would get to us next. He seemed friendly.

After about 20 minutes he came back out and called us in. KJ was just waking up, but she stayed quiet and just stared at the officer. She seemed to know that something important was happening.

We went to his office where he swore us in and then asked us a few very simple questions. Our full names, where we worked, how we met. I was surprised he didn't want to know more! He asked for a few things - copies of some utility bills, KJ's birth certificate, employment letters and our 2002 taxes. I had done up a new I864 (including KJ), but he didn't ask for it.

I practically had to force our wedding pictures on him, and he looked at them super fast. He commented that we had quite a bit of evidence (weeks of compiling and organizing paid off) and that he would approve our case.

So, he had David supply a fingerprint and sign the signature card and then he stamped David's brand new passport (just obtained from the British Embassy two weeks ago). He went over the removal of conditions and then said "Happy Holidays".

Good luck to all that are awaiting interviews (or anything remotely USCIS related). We are wishing you well this holiday season.

Angela, Dave and KJ

Oh my, and there was you worrying like crazy!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Merry Christmas!!!

Last edited by Hypertweeky; Dec 17th 2003 at 2:12 am.
Old Dec 17th 2003, 2:11 am
unDAUNTEd

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Thanks Hyper!!
Old Dec 17th 2003, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations !!!
Old Dec 17th 2003, 2:21 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Congrats!!

(As if a lil 'un wasn't proof enough of a proper marital relationship)!! LOL

What more do you need when junior looks like pops?!! LOL

Best wishes to you all.

Happy holidays

Tam
Old Dec 17th 2003, 2:37 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Hyper!!
You are very welcome!!!
Old Dec 17th 2003, 3:58 am
Petey's Playmate

PEACHSTER is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, it's done.

Angela, Dave and KJ

First congrats! I am glad to hear things went well.

I am wondering what all did you bring as proof?
Old Dec 17th 2003, 4:26 am
unDAUNTEd

Originally posted by PEACHSTER
First congrats! I am glad to hear things went well.

I am wondering what all did you bring as proof?

Hi Peachster,

I had a big 'ol blue binder and the following things in it:

*New I864 (in case they asked)
*Letters from both employers
*2002 tax return (joint)
*Bank statements (joint account)
*Affidavits from my family and friends (4 total) stating they knew us to be in a loving/bona fide marriage
*Evidence of joint auto insurance policy
*Evidence of joint health insurance policy
*Evidence that we are each other's benficiaries on our life and 401 K
*Utility bills with both names
*Mail that came to the house with both names (church newsletter, etc.)
*Photos from wedding
*Photos from trips we've been on, KJ's birth, etc.
*Engagement photos
*KJ's birth certificate
*Misc. stuff like plane tickets, emails, honeymoon receipts...stuff like that.

Ang
Old Dec 17th 2003, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

speedyvespa is on a distinguished road

Well, it's done.

Angela, Dave and KJ
See? Nothing to worry about!

Congratulations to you three..!!

- Mark
Old Dec 17th 2003, 5:52 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Yay! Congratulations!!

*Affidavits from my family and friends (4 total) stating they knew us to be in a loving/bona fide marriage
Were they notarized or anything?
Old Dec 17th 2003, 5:56 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

YEAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!! Many congrats!!!! Also nice to see you got the passport in time.

Kate. xxxx
Old Dec 17th 2003, 6:10 am
unDAUNTEd

Originally posted by Steffi
Yay! Congratulations!!

Were they notarized or anything?

Yep, everybody got them notarized.
Old Dec 17th 2003, 6:11 am
unDAUNTEd

Originally posted by katesuiter1
YEAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!! Many congrats!!!! Also nice to see you got the passport in time.

Kate. xxxx

Thank you!

Boy, that British Embassy is FAST! *lol*
Old Dec 17th 2003, 6:11 am
unDAUNTEd

Originally posted by speedyvespa
See? Nothing to worry about!

Congratulations to you three..!!

- Mark

Thanks Mark!

I appreciate all your kind words and your assistance! You helped keep me calm.

Ang
Old Dec 17th 2003, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

speedyvespa is on a distinguished road

Thanks Mark!

I appreciate all your kind words and your assistance! You helped keep me calm.

Ang
You're quite welcome! How could I not help an honourary Manc red?

- Mark