Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Others waiting on RFE from Oct/Nov?

Wikiposts

Others waiting on RFE from Oct/Nov?

Old Feb 14th 2004, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

amol_k3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Others waiting on RFE from Oct/Nov?

Just wondering if anyone that got an RFE from NBC/MSC in Oct/Nov has gotten a response? I know tmushen got approved finally, but anyone else have any luck? Any updates on what is really going on?

Amol
Old Feb 14th 2004, 2:49 pm
won't be long now!

SidAngelika is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Others waiting on RFE from Oct/Nov?

Originally posted by amol_k3
Just wondering if anyone that got an RFE from NBC/MSC in Oct/Nov has gotten a response? I know tmushen got approved finally, but anyone else have any luck? Any updates on what is really going on?

Amol
We were actually 2 days ahead of tmushen.. if we didnt have bad luck we wouldnt have any luck at all! lol

I will share what my Senator said with his conversation with MSC..
He said the lady he talked too informed him that MSC was hit with a hugh influx of cases that the Bush admin has allowed.. Now what that may mean is anybodies guess! I just hope that those of us that have been waiting wont be over looked for anything out of the ordinary!
Old Feb 14th 2004, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

tmushen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by SidAngelika
We were actually 2 days ahead of tmushen.. if we didnt have bad luck we wouldnt have any luck at all! lol

He said the lady he talked too informed him that MSC was hit with a hugh influx of cases that the Bush admin has allowed.. Now what that may mean is anybodies guess! I just hope that those of us that have been waiting wont be over looked for anything out of the ordinary!
A agree this is just not the way to do things. The only reason I was approved was because I bothered both my Senator and Congessman everyday for 3 straight weeks. How can MSC/NBC justify working on new cases with receipt dates on or after the people who received RFE's. It seems most of the people that are on this message boards and few others either had something lost, were missing a signature or were missing a form. Thus it seems many of the RFE people don't have any major issues besides the 3 mentioned above. It is amazing that new cases are being approved prior to these cases being finished.

Yes maybe MSC/NBC is backlogged but logic says that once they get back to doing I129F's wouldn't you do the people who have been waiting the longest especially since initial processing has alread been completed. Even though I think initial processing means nothing.

I hope everyone with RFE's get approved soon. I check the boards everyday hoping to see you guys approveed. I check like it's my own case. I think it's absolutley wrong how this being handled.

It's funny MSC just now answered an email that my Congressman sent at the beginning of January. My Congressman sent an email and sent a copy of the email to me. Guess what instead of answering the email (even though my case has now been approved) they sent a response with a copy to me lecturing the Congressman's rep how they shouldn't include the petitioners in the email!
Old Feb 14th 2004, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

Chaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Waiting here ......
i called them Last week and found out that they have changed the Time for their SO CALLED information (which you can find out anyway from their WEBSITE) to Tue-Fri between 8am-10am and 4pm-6pm... they cant even give you BASIC info anymore...
I hope they are spending all that time on our CASES!

Originally posted by amol_k3

Amol
Old Feb 14th 2004, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Chaz
Waiting here ......
i called them Last week and found out that they have changed the Time for their SO CALLED information (which you can find out anyway from their WEBSITE) to Tue-Fri between 8am-10am and 4pm-6pm... they cant even give you BASIC info anymore...
I hope they are spending all that time on our CASES!
I agree that it makes no sense for new cases to keep getting approved before the RFE's get processed... I thought the way it worked was that once the response to the RFE was received, it is supposed to go back in queue based on the original receipt date.

Thanks for your good wishes and support tmushen! I'm hoping that we all get our applications processed soon. I wonder everyday whether I should just give up on the K-3 and go back to India and do DCF... especially since after they approve the I-129F here, there is about a 1.5-2 month wait for an interview at Mumbai. But I'm hanging in for now - though I don't know when I'm going to finally decide that I've had enough!

Amol
Old Feb 15th 2004, 2:18 pm
Rn

Still waiting....I called in an "inquiry" about 2 weeks ago, should hear
something in the next week or two about it.
Somethings got to give soon because my 90 day period is up at the end of
Feb. I am ready to contact my Reps if I don't hear something in the next 10
days.

08/16/03 - NOA #1
11/16/03 - RFE
11/25/03 - MSC received additional info

Old Feb 17th 2004, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Rn
Still waiting....I called in an "inquiry" about 2 weeks ago, should hear
something in the next week or two about it.
Somethings got to give soon because my 90 day period is up at the end of
Feb. I am ready to contact my Reps if I don't hear something in the next 10
days.

08/16/03 - NOA #1
11/16/03 - RFE
11/25/03 - MSC received additional info
Honestly, I don't think you will hear anything back. I just crossed the 30 day mark for my inquiry. Now I can call them up again, initiate another inquiry and wait another 30 days to see if I hear back. I would go ahead and start contacting your congress rep - it may take them a few days to get back to you, send you the privacy release act, for you to mail it back, etc. You can always tell them that you have an inquiry pending.

Amol
Old Feb 17th 2004, 12:29 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tmushen
How can MSC/NBC justify working on new cases with receipt dates on or after the people who received RFE's.

It is amazing that new cases are being approved prior to these cases being finished.
To me it makes more sense for them to keep working on newer cases while they await the return of the RFE materials. Do you expect them to do nothing while they wait for some RFE materials to come back (which might take weeks or months to arrive back at a Service Center)?
Old Feb 17th 2004, 12:46 pm
won't be long now!

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
To me it makes more sense for them to keep working on newer cases while they await the return of the RFE materials. Do you expect them to do nothing while they wait for some RFE materials to come back (which might take weeks or months to arrive back at a Service Center)?
I cant speak for everyone else, but ours was for my original birth certificate, and our original marriage certificate, which was over nighted back to them in Nov. They gave me a deadline of Jan 24th to send this back to them.. The date on the RFE notice was Nov 17th 2003.. which is 90 days today! I honestly dont expect them to drop what they are working on, but I do expect to be processed in a timely manner.. Doesnt look like they will this time does it?
Old Feb 17th 2004, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

tmushen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
I agree they shouldn't drop everything while they are waiting but most people are going on 3 months now with RFE's pending. The Service Center are the ones that post that intial processing has been completed so your case will be decided prior to another 60 to 90 days. I can't see how everyone who received an RFE on this website has such a complex case where the extra time would be justified. The bottom line is that they are just not processing these cases right now and that's not fair. Yes I have been approved but I feel for everyone who hasn't. Approval or not when you see new cases being processed prior to people who have earlier RFE dates what else could you be but ticked off.
Old Feb 17th 2004, 2:08 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by SidAngelika

Hey Sid

Nice pictures!! You two look so happy!!
I am impatiently waiting for your rep's report
Bush sucks! Sorry.. I had to say that
Old Feb 19th 2004, 8:19 am
Rn

We'll I took your advice and contacted my Rep today. Filled out the privacy
form and faxed it. Then called and confirmed they got it. Told me it would
take about 4 weeks to hear a response. Hehe, that's progress I tell ya! At
this rate, I should just pack up the car and head for Missouri myself! Like
some others have mentioned, some days are better than others. It's amazing
how my life has been dragged around by this process over the last 7 months.

> Honestly, I don't
    > think you will hear anything back. I just crossed the 30 day mark for
    > my inquiry. Now I can call them up again, initiate another inquiry and
    > wait another 30 days to see if I hear back. I would go ahead and start
    > contacting your congress rep - it may take them a few days to get back
    > to you, send you the privacy release act, for you to mail it back, etc.
    > You can always tell them that you have an inquiry pending.
    > Amol
    > --
    > 09/03/03 - NOA #1
    > 11/26/03 - RFE
    > 12/09/03 - NBC recvd add'l documents
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Feb 19th 2004, 9:47 am
won't be long now!

[ I should just pack up the car and head for Missouri myself!

Well if I thought it would do any good everyone with an RFE should meet in Missouri and see if we can get something done!
Old Feb 19th 2004, 9:49 am
won't be long now!

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Hey Sid

Nice pictures!! You two look so happy!!
I am impatiently waiting for your rep's report
Bush sucks! Sorry.. I had to say that

Thanks.. glad you like those pics.. Angelika and I are so much in love.. all we want is nothing more than to spend our lives together!

BTW Bush does suck!