Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Originals from I-129f for K1 interview?

Wikiposts

Originals from I-129f for K1 interview?

Old Dec 3rd 2003, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

MarDae will become famous soon enough
Default Originals from I-129f for K1 interview?

I was talking to a friend and she said she heard that you need the originals from when you submitted the I-129f for the K1 interview. I didn't know this and now I'm trying to rack my brain for what originals I would have to send. All the forms I sent in were the originals and I gave my fiance my original birth cert already so besides proof of relationship type things I can't think of any other originals that I retained. Is there something I'm missing? My fiance has enough original proof of relationship type things to more than fulfill their requirements plus all of my boarding ticket stubs from my trips. I just want to make sure that I 'm not missing something crucial when his interview is next week and I might need to get something in the mail asap!

Thanks for any advice!!!!

MarDae
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 8:40 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Originals from I-129f for K1 interview?

Originally posted by MarDae
I was talking to a friend and she said she heard that you need the originals from when you submitted the I-129f for the K1 interview. I didn't know this and now I'm trying to rack my brain for what originals I would have to send. All the forms I sent in were the originals and I gave my fiance my original birth cert already so besides proof of relationship type things I can't think of any other originals that I retained. Is there something I'm missing? My fiance has enough original proof of relationship type things to more than fulfill their requirements plus all of my boarding ticket stubs from my trips. I just want to make sure that I 'm not missing something crucial when his interview is next week and I might need to get something in the mail asap!

MarDae
Hi MarDae
Did you keep a copy of everything you turned in with the I-129F? Just take a look through there page by page, and if you see something you could send an original for, that's it. The only thing I can think of is perhaps a divorce decree or the like that you might have sent a photocopy of with your I-129F and now need to show an original. Sounds like you have everything else in order! I was struggling with this same issue last week when preparing the Packet 3 materials, so I understand your confusion :-)

Best Wishes!
Rene
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 6:36 pm
Kae
Forum Regular

Kae is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by MarDae

MarDae

We happened to have copies of just about everything we sent in with the original petition. However, the interviewer never wanted to look at them or even mentioned them at the actual interview. My sweetie ended up having a few pounds worth of papers that he didn't need hehe.
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

Alecca is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Kae
We happened to have copies of just about everything we sent in with the original petition. However, the interviewer never wanted to look at them or even mentioned them at the actual interview. My sweetie ended up having a few pounds worth of papers that he didn't need hehe.
They didn't ask for Steve's papers either. I had (and I wouldn't do it again) sent the I-134 with his original I-129F application, but they didn't ask for a new one.

The only original things we sent were the stuff generated by us. All copies I had were notarized as being true copies of the original documents.
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 11:40 pm
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

Although the ConOffs might not actually request the original documents, you are meant to have them at the interview *just in case*.
As others have already said, absolutely EVERYTHING you have copied and already given to the USCIS, take the originals or certified copies with you.
If nothing else, better safe than sorry

Originally posted by Kae
Old Dec 4th 2003, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

MarDae will become famous soon enough

Thanks everyone. Neither of us have ever been married before so there are no divorce decrees so I think I do have everything in order. I was just thrown for a loop that so close to his interview there might have been something I overlooked. From what you've said I think I have (actually he has) everything ready for the interview.

Thanks again. Hopefully this time next week I'll be posting that yet another K1 has been obtained!

MarDae