Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Original Certification of Vaccination Records

Wikiposts

Original Certification of Vaccination Records

Old May 8th 2009, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

jetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud of
Default Re: Original Certification of Vaccination Records

Thanks guys
Old May 10th 2009, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

When i called Knightsbridge prior to my medical i asked if i had to take medical records

i was told that if i ticked YES to anything on the medical questionnaire then i should bring in either the full medical records or a summary....

...and that if i didnt bring them with me (if i ticked yes) it could cause a delay as the doctor would then need you to contact your gp and fax your records to them before then can send your medical examination results on to the embassy.

ALSO if you tick yes to anything you need to get a letter from your GP explaining what the thing is/was, what medication you took, when, if your still on it, and his/her prognosis on it in the future.

Otherwise again the medical examination doctor will need you to get your doctor to fax that to them, resulting in delay.

basically, safe bet is, if your going to tick yes to anything, get your medical records/medical summary and the letter about the "thing" signed/stamped by your gp.

Last edited by PepsiChic; May 10th 2009 at 9:46 am.
Old May 10th 2009, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

jetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud of

Thanks Pepsichic...In that case I think what I'll have to do is ask for details of my vaccinations, copies of anything relating to the ITP (at 33p a copy!) and ask for a letter from my GP about it as well.

In relation to the questionnaire...the only two questions I'd be answering Yes to would be the hospital one (relating to the above) and the smoking tobacco one, but I'm not sure about the latter, I am not a smoker but I have smoked cigarettes socially in the past - should I even say Yes to that? Strictly saying No would be a lie, so I presume I will just have to explain that I had a few cigarettes when I was a teenager or something??
Old May 10th 2009, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

Marty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by PepsiChic
...and that if i didnt bring them with me (if i ticked yes) it could cause a delay as the doctor would then need you to contact your gp and fax your records to them before then can send your medical examination results on to the embassy.
I had to get a letter from my GP, and the doctor explained to me that it wouldn't cause a delay as it normally took them about 4 days before they were ready to send everything to the embassy. So as long as they received the fax before then, it wouldn't slow anything down.

Originally Posted by jetbedlam
In relation to the questionnaire...the only two questions I'd be answering Yes to would be the hospital one (relating to the above) and the smoking tobacco one, but I'm not sure about the latter, I am not a smoker but I have smoked cigarettes socially in the past - should I even say Yes to that? Strictly saying No would be a lie, so I presume I will just have to explain that I had a few cigarettes when I was a teenager or something??
I ticked "Yes" to the tobacco question, and it wasn't mentioned.
Old May 10th 2009, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marty J
I had to get a letter from my GP, and the doctor explained to me that it wouldn't cause a delay as it normally took them about 4 days before they were ready to send everything to the embassy. So as long as they received the fax before then, it wouldn't slow anything down.

I ticked "Yes" to the tobacco question, and it wasn't mentioned.
It depends how long it takes your doctor to get it all sorted, knightsbridge told me that they would send the documents to the embassy in 2-3 days, my doctors isnt open on the weekend (when i got back from london) so knightsbridge couldnt send the package off till they got the letter. the delay was only a few days longer then normal.

but the point im making is, if you get the letter before hand, you wont need to do it all after the examination.

as for the tobacco question i dont think you need to get a letter for that, they may ask you a couple of questions like "how often do you smoke" etc or they may say nothing at all!

i ticked no and they still asked me lol