Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Original Certification of Vaccination Records

Wikiposts

Original Certification of Vaccination Records

Old Apr 30th 2009, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

jetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud of
Default Original Certification of Vaccination Records

Me again...

I have been reading the forum Wiki stuff on the K1 for London and am making lists of all what I need to get done, but the Medical section states that I need "Vaccination records, with original certification".

I am taking this to mean certified as originals by the doctor? Is that right? And if so I presume I'll have to specifically request them to do this in my letter?

Sorry for my endless dumb questions, but (aside from possibly over thinking everything) I'm just trying to get everything right first time and not have anything take longer that it needs to!

Thanks
J
Old Apr 30th 2009, 9:38 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Original Certification of Vaccination Records

Originally Posted by jetbedlam
Me again...

I have been reading the forum Wiki stuff on the K1 for London and am making lists of all what I need to get done, but the Medical section states that I need "Vaccination records, with original certification".

I am taking this to mean certified as originals by the doctor? Is that right? And if so I presume I'll have to specifically request them to do this in my letter?

Sorry for my endless dumb questions, but (aside from possibly over thinking everything) I'm just trying to get everything right first time and not have anything take longer that it needs to!

Thanks
J
Your doctor should be able to give you a list on his letterhead stating what innoculations you have had over your lifetime. If he is unable to do so, it is not a problem. At the medical they go by your age and place of birth and raising to determine which vaccinations you would have had.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

jetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud of

Ok, thanks, just wasn't sure what that meant and didn't want to ask for the wrong thing! I'll just go ahead and ask as planned and hope they come up with something useful.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 11:33 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

jb,

I think it meant that someone wanted to write fancy using big words.

Regards, JEff

Ok, thanks, just wasn't sure what that meant ...
Old Apr 30th 2009, 12:14 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, thanks, just wasn't sure what that meant and didn't want to ask for the wrong thing! I'll just go ahead and ask as planned and hope they come up with something useful.
My experience suggests any spidery, illegible scrawl -- provided it does not run horizontally across the page -- should pass muster as doctor-doctor communication.
Old May 1st 2009, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

He he
Old May 8th 2009, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

Another question...

I received a phonecall from my doctor this morning advising that they will charge 33p per copy for my medical records so wanted to check that I still want the whole lot (due to the cost!).

From other replies and things I have read while posting on here I have gotten the impression that I don't need to provide ALL my medical records just the parts relevent to things I mark as a 'Yes' on my questionnaire. Is this correct?

I have no idea the size of my full medical record or how much this will cost in total if I just get it all copied. I have been given the option of going into the surgery and raking through it myself and picking out the parts I want copies of.

Can anyone shed any light on this?
Old May 8th 2009, 11:03 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Another question...

I received a phonecall from my doctor this morning advising that they will charge 33p per copy for my medical records so wanted to check that I still want the whole lot (due to the cost!).

From other replies and things I have read while posting on here I have gotten the impression that I don't need to provide ALL my medical records just the parts relevent to things I mark as a 'Yes' on my questionnaire. Is this correct?

I have no idea the size of my full medical record or how much this will cost in total if I just get it all copied. I have been given the option of going into the surgery and raking through it myself and picking out the parts I want copies of.

Can anyone shed any light on this?
I don't think YOU need any copies of your medical records. If you have any kind of medical past that would affect immigration, your GP just needs to write a letter saying you're all clear now...what the problem was, how it was treated, if it's finished treatment, prognosis....basically giving the green light to the USCIS doctor to approve you.

You might need a record of your vaccinations, that's it.

Rene
Old May 8th 2009, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

I fear I may have misunderstood something here...

The K1 info on the forum wiki says -
"You also need to take a vaccine record and medical records which you can get from your Doctor, or a summary if that is all your Doctor provides. "

I will obviously get vaccinaton records, but the medical records part seems to be a slight grey area.

I do note that I haven't read anything about these being required in the guidance from Knightsbridge Doctors themselves. I am only going to be answering Yes to two questions on the questionnaire...the main one being due to being in hospital so I can easily provide documentation for this, or should I just be providing a letter from my doctor saying that it is no longer an issue?

I have no current illnesses and am not on any medication, so do I need my FULL records?? I'm quite confused...
Old May 8th 2009, 11:53 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I have no current illnesses and am not on any medication, so do I need my FULL records?? I'm quite confused...
Only if you want them for your own benefit. They're not required for the immigration medical.
Old May 8th 2009, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Do I need anything in relation to the previous illness (that is not a current issue) re records or a letter from the doctor? Or is it enough that it is NOT a current illness? Do I need something to prove this?

I will be answering Yes to the hospitalisation question on the medical questionnaire because of this illness. It was 9 years ago.

Last edited by jetbedlam; May 8th 2009 at 12:13 pm.
Old May 8th 2009, 12:29 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Do I need anything in relation to the previous illness (that is not a current issue) re records or a letter from the doctor? Or is it enough that it is NOT a current illness? Do I need something to prove this?

I will be answering Yes to the hospitalisation question on the medical questionnaire because of this illness. It was 9 years ago.
Was this the blood problem?

The only thing I've ever heard that people have to get back to the panel doc on is mental health issues (depression, self-harm etc) or an alcohol or drug referral.

They really dont' want to get to know you all that well, just make sure that you are not a Typhoid Mary or going to harm the US community by going all postal.
Old May 8th 2009, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
Was this the blood problem?
Yes.

I just want to know exactly what I need to get for the medical and currently I'm not sure what I'm meant to be requesting!
Old May 8th 2009, 1:09 pm

Yes.

I just want to know exactly what I need to get for the medical and currently I'm not sure what I'm meant to be requesting!
Right, we need to take this up with the person who wrote that wiki entry I guess. The only info you need from your own doc is your vax records if you can get them.

I have to say, we applied via a 3rd country & my DH didn't have or get any of this stuff. The doctor interviewed him in the exam and told him to get his tetnus updated.

Don't go making it too hard on yourself.

Follow the instructions on the London site, re Knightsbridge. I don't know why this vax question stirs up so much trouble every now and again.. Knightsbridge should not be giving people duplicate vaccines just because they do not bring a little book from their own doctor; that is not how the immigration medical is supposed to go.

Part of what I do is try to separate rumor from fact, but I simply don't watch this particular issue that closely. My best suggestion is for you to comb through that last K-1 interview thread I started, where people posted their experience reports.
Old May 8th 2009, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

Marty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud of

Yes.

You need a printout of whatever vaccinations you've had. Mine was just a regular computer printout; it wasn't letter-headed or anything. I asked the nurse to sign and stamp it for me, and that was that.

If you have any past illness that you think might be an issue, you can ask for a letter from your GP stating the diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis, and then bring this to the medical with you.

If the doctor wants anything else, they'll give you a letter for your GP stating exactly the details they require. Your GP can then fax it directly to them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.