Opions required re I-130 etc

Wikiposts

Opions required re I-130 etc

Old Apr 1st 2007, 11:05 pm
Just Joined

e1simone is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Opions required re I-130 etc

Dear All,

I think that I have grasped the concept of the visa route which we would like to persue but wanted to run it by people who appear to be "in the know"

First a mini biograpphy: I live in the UK my fiance is a US Soldier (hold the comments there I have heard them all and they all tend to be true or funny!). I have 2 children, not his and he has been married once before (oh the tangled web we weave!).

So the plan is I will travel to the US in 2 weeks time on the Visa waiver program, we get married, I come home, we submit I-130 application. It all seems straight forward, well as much as dealing with any government body and the military can be! Now I am a little unsure as to the the K1 visa waiver which we can submit prior to getting the spouse visa? Does it make the process of getting to the US any quicker? I appreciate that we will have a delay before we can see each other again, but we tend to go months at a time without visits anyway, what with the nature of his work etc so this is more of an annoyance than a point of concern.
I am really just looking for a bit of confirmation that this is not a disastrous route to take up, my research seems pretty sound but I thought running it by (free) experts would be a good idea.

Thanks in advance for any useful info and I have prepared myself for general digs too
Old Apr 1st 2007, 11:36 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Opions required re I-130 etc

Originally Posted by e1simone
Dear All,

I think that I have grasped the concept of the visa route which we would like to persue but wanted to run it by people who appear to be "in the know"

First a mini biograpphy: I live in the UK my fiance is a US Soldier (hold the comments there I have heard them all and they all tend to be true or funny!). I have 2 children, not his and he has been married once before (oh the tangled web we weave!).

So the plan is I will travel to the US in 2 weeks time on the Visa waiver program, we get married, I come home, we submit I-130 application. It all seems straight forward, well as much as dealing with any government body and the military can be! Now I am a little unsure as to the the K1 visa waiver which we can submit prior to getting the spouse visa? Does it make the process of getting to the US any quicker? I appreciate that we will have a delay before we can see each other again, but we tend to go months at a time without visits anyway, what with the nature of his work etc so this is more of an annoyance than a point of concern.
I am really just looking for a bit of confirmation that this is not a disastrous route to take up, my research seems pretty sound but I thought running it by (free) experts would be a good idea.

Thanks in advance for any useful info and I have prepared myself for general digs too
I am very confused by your post. First, why would we consider it funny that you're engaged to a US serviceman?

Second, you say you have 2 children who are not your fiance's, but you do not say whether you have permission from the children's father(s) and the court to take them outside of the UK. Or are you planning on taking them at all?

Lastly, a K1 visa waiver???? I have never heard of such a thing. Please post a link to a website which describes what you are referring to.

~ Jenney
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 12:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
I am very confused by your post. First, why would we consider it funny that you're engaged to a US serviceman?

Second, you say you have 2 children who are not your fiance's, but you do not say whether you have permission from the children's father(s) and the court to take them outside of the UK. Or are you planning on taking them at all?

Lastly, a K1 visa waiver???? I have never heard of such a thing. Please post a link to a website which describes what you are referring to.

~ Jenney
Oh dear! I think I have made a mistake posting in this group. I didn't have my notes in front of me so made an error wrt the visa number. I don't find it amusing that I am engaged to a servicemen but I generally get US soldiers jokes from English friends, meant in jest, I trust you understand. Finally, Of course I am taking my children with me! Their father tragically died several years ago. I trust that my response meets with the clearly exacting standards of this group.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 12:27 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

So the plan is I will travel to the US in 2 weeks time on the Visa waiver program, we get married, I come home, we submit I-130 application.
Nothing wrong with this scenario!

Now I am a little unsure as to the the K1 visa waiver which we can submit prior to getting the spouse visa?
No such a thing as a "K1 visa waiver". Can you be more precise as to what you mean? The "K-1 visa" is a fiancee visa... it gives the foreign fiancee permission to enter the US with the express condition that you marry within 90 days of your entry *and* stay in the US to adjust your status. I don't think this is what you mean.

Ian
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 12:31 am
Just Joined

Thank you Ian,

Sorry for the error wrt the k1 thing. There are so many numbers and letters to recall I think I need to consolidate my notes!

I also just noticed I can't type either - "Opinions"
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 12:40 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

There are so many numbers and letters to recall I think I need to consolidate my notes!
It's a quagmire, to be sure!

I also just noticed I can't type either - "Opinions"
We're not keeping score!

Ian
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 1:34 am
Just Joined

Oh I have found the visa which I was unsure about it is the non-immigrant K ii visa, identified by K3 (spouse) and K4 (child).

"The nonimmigrant Kii visa, identified by the symbols K-3 (spouse) and K-4 (child) has been created to reunite families that have been, or could be, subject to a long separation while their immigrant visa applications are being processed. The visa entitles the holder to travel to the United States to await the approval of the immigrant visa petition."

I was beginning to think I had imagined the whole thing! Does anyone have any experience with this?
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 3:40 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I have found the visa which I was unsure about it is the non-immigrant K ii visa, identified by K3 (spouse) and K4 (child).

"The nonimmigrant Kii visa, identified by the symbols K-3 (spouse) and K-4 (child) has been created to reunite families that have been, or could be, subject to a long separation while their immigrant visa applications are being processed. The visa entitles the holder to travel to the United States to await the approval of the immigrant visa petition."

I was beginning to think I had imagined the whole thing! Does anyone have any experience with this?
You're thinking of the K-3/K-4 visa for you and the kids. This used to be a "backup plan" at a time when I-130's were taking years to adjudicate. It allowed the immigrant to come sooner to the USA and wait for the I-130 to be approved. Nowadays, the I-130s are moving MUCH quicker, and the K-3 has almost become a non-issue. K-3's are taking as long as I-130's now.

Plus some other changes have been made to the K-3 usage so that it no longer is a very good "backup plan". At some point before getting either the Immigrant Visa or the K-3, you now have to decide which route you want to go for sure. To me, seems like more effort than it's worth...and the Immigrant Visa is by FAR a better visa.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 4:08 am
-K

On Apr 2, 7:34 am, e1simone <[email protected]>
wrote:
> > It's a quagmire, to be sure!
>
> > We're not keeping score!
>
> > Ian
>
> Oh I have found the visa which I was unsure about it is the non-
> immigrant K ii visa, identified by K3 (spouse) and K4 (child).
>
> "The nonimmigrant Kii visa, identified by the symbols K-3 (spouse) and
> K-4 (child) has been created to reunite families that have been, or
> could be, subject to a long separation while their immigrant visa
> applications are being processed. The visa entitles the holder to travel
> to the United States to await the approval of the immigrant visa
> petition."
>
> I was beginning to think I had imagined the whole thing! Does anyone
> have any experience with this?
>
> --
> Posted viahttp://britishexpats.com

E1Simone

Let me give u some friendly advice...this site is very helpful but
only if you can be helpful to all who reply to your posting....When
something doesnt make sense they will try to make sense of it an then
if all else fails cause they dont understand they reply a post back to
you in a way that may come across rudely. Granted some people are
also extremly oppinonated but that is cause people are like
that...whether it is here on the site or just in life in general.
Sometimes they will give you answer you dont wanna hear but usually
when that happens is cause you dont want to hear but keep an open mind
an they are only trying to tell you how it is. Everything will work
out if it is meant to be. Good luck with your whole process and I
hope you enjoy your visit to the US.
BTW sorry to hear about your childrens father.

Old Apr 2nd 2007, 5:17 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I trust that my response meets with the clearly exacting standards of this group.
hi!
This isn't the Psychic Friends Network, so when someone has a question, they generally will ask it outloud.

If you would prefer to do things your own way, you are certainly welcome to. Be aware that this will affect the usefulness of the information you receive.

Not sure what the apparent chip on your shoulder is for, but most of us have been in your shoes, and are willing to help you shorten your learning curve.
If you want.

Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:19 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear! I think I have made a mistake posting in this group. I didn't have my notes in front of me so made an error wrt the visa number. I don't find it amusing that I am engaged to a servicemen but I generally get US soldiers jokes from English friends, meant in jest, I trust you understand. Finally, Of course I am taking my children with me! Their father tragically died several years ago. I trust that my response meets with the clearly exacting standards of this group.
You seem to have considered my first response to you as rude and/or intrusive. It wasn't. Your post created questions and I asked you to clarify. That's all.

You are a newbie, so it is a good idea to realize that if us veterans ask for clarification -- even about something that may not seem relevant to you at the moment -- it's usually for a good reason. I don't see that as "exacting standards" but rather signs of a group of people who have been there, done that and know what kinds of questions to ask in order to provide the proper insight and feedback to your situation.

~ Jenney
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 3:37 am
Capt. Tuttle

Jenney & Mark wrote:

>>Oh dear! I think I have made a mistake posting in this group. I didn't
>>have my notes in front of me so made an error wrt the visa number. I
>>don't find it amusing that I am engaged to a servicemen but I
>>generally get US soldiers jokes from English friends, meant in jest, I
>>trust you understand. Finally, Of course I am taking my children with
>>me! Their father tragically died several years ago. I trust that my
>>response meets with the clearly exacting standards of this group.
>
>
> You seem to have considered my first response to you as rude and/or
> intrusive. It wasn't. Your post created questions and I asked you to
> clarify. That's all.
>
> You are a newbie, so it is a good idea to realize that if us veterans
> ask for clarification -- even about something that may not seem relevant
> to you at the moment -- it's usually for a good reason. I don't see that
> as "exacting standards" but rather signs of a group of people who have
> been there, done that and know what kinds of questions to ask in order
> to provide the proper insight and feedback to your situation.
>
> ~ Jenney
>

I wouldn't worry about it, Jenney. You done good.