Wikiposts

Ooops- Divorce Decree

Old Dec 16th 2003, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

WiAnSiempre is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ooops- Divorce Decree

Hi Everyone,

I filed my I129f K-1 petition back in Sept. 2003. I just realized that with the paperwork, I sent the Divorce Agreement instead of the Divorce Decree of my previous marriage (back in 1991). The agreement was the only thing I had from my divorce and I thought this was the same thing. I have ordered a certified copy of the decree from the courthouse. Should I go ahead and mail this to the TSC to include with my case # or should I just wait for the RFE (now I know I'm probably going to get RFE because of this)?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Angela
Old Dec 16th 2003, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

Quyrah_RV is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ooops- Divorce Decree

Your best bet would be to wait for the RFE. If you send it now, it probably will not get matched up with your paperwork. If you wait for the RFE, it will get with the paperwork right away when they receive it. After they get it, it usually doesn't take long for the approval notice. I had 2 RFE's. Discouraging but the answers always came back fast.

Best of luck

Quyrah (formerly Mtl, now TN)
RV (formerly TX, now TN)

Originally posted by WiAnSiempre
Hi Everyone,

I filed my I129f K-1 petition back in Sept. 2003. I just realized that with the paperwork, I sent the Divorce Agreement instead of the Divorce Decree of my previous marriage (back in 1991). The agreement was the only thing I had from my divorce and I thought this was the same thing. I have ordered a certified copy of the decree from the courthouse. Should I go ahead and mail this to the TSC to include with my case # or should I just wait for the RFE (now I know I'm probably going to get RFE because of this)?

Thanks,
Angela
Old Dec 16th 2003, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

saidsgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by WiAnSiempre
Hi Everyone,

Thanks,
Angela
Hi Angela...

I'd wait for the RFE.
God knows, you're dealing with Texas...they might "misplace/lose/misfile" your file if you do something to upset the delicate balance down there. Just take a gander at my timeline and you'll understand the cynical attitude.

Best wishes...
~kristine
Old Dec 16th 2003, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

WiAnSiempre is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks K. That's what I was afraid of. I didn't want to do anything to upset the process there. I'll just wait for the RFE. Now if they would just hurry UP and get to Sept. ! This is killing me (and my fiance). I just keep saying "one day, one day..."

Angela

Originally posted by saidsgirl
Hi Angela...

I'd wait for the RFE.
God knows, you're dealing with Texas...they might "misplace/lose/misfile" your file if you do something to upset the delicate balance down there. Just take a gander at my timeline and you'll understand the cynical attitude.

Best wishes...
~kristine