Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Online case status not being updated?

Wikiposts

Online case status not being updated?

Old Jul 24th 2006, 5:23 am
Just Joined

Sanders is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Online case status not being updated?

Hi, the USCIS recieved our papers for AOS on June 20. My 15 yr. old daughter received her request for initial interview July 14. I didn't receive one and neither did my 7 yr. old. When I check the USCIS.GOV site, my daughter's case still just says that they received the papers June 20 and nothing about the interview notice. I also didn't receive any email about the interview notice.

Is this a normal thing concerning interview notices?

Last edited by Sanders; Jul 24th 2006 at 5:27 am.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 6:10 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Online case status not being updated?

Originally Posted by Sanders
Hi, the USCIS recieved our papers for AOS on June 20. My 15 yr. old daughter received her request for initial interview July 14. I didn't receive one and neither did my 7 yr. old. When I check the USCIS.GOV site, my daughter's case still just says that they received the papers June 20 and nothing about the interview notice. I also didn't receive any email about the interview notice.

Is this a normal thing concerning interview notices?
Yes, it's normal for the on-line status not to match up with what's really happening.

You might try going all together to your 15 yr old daughter's interview, in hopes that they'll interview you all together anyway.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jul 24th 2006, 9:33 am
Just Joined

Sanders is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Online case status not being updated?

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Yes, it's normal for the on-line status not to match up with what's really happening.

You might try going all together to your 15 yr old daughter's interview, in hopes that they'll interview you all together anyway.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Hi, thanks again for your advice and that's what we plan to do. Sure hope we will be allowed to go inside the building eventhough me and my other daughter don't have an interview appointment. But if we aren't all allowed inside, nothing much is lost - I will have to drive them there anyway. Good thing the office is not too far from where we live.

Too bad the online information is not very up to date. Even the call center has only the same information as the site.