Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

One Year Later .. WOW!!!

Wikiposts

One Year Later .. WOW!!!

Old Jan 19th 2006, 1:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Buendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: One Year Later .. WOW!!!

David was on the govt. watchlist, too! We can't check in electronically at all anymore (check in desk every time now), but like you said, not too much of a problem. I guess they said his name is pretty common, so a pretty high likelihood that there's a baddie with the same name. They cross reference birthdate with name, and then passport number, and it all has to be done by hand. I felt better when I heard of a non-immigrant friend with the same problem. And I guess they said if you contact the NTSB you can get it taken care of, but since we get on first no matter what (at least until Finn is 2 or so), we decided not to deal with it yet.

Glad you enjoyed your trip back!
Old Jan 19th 2006, 6:34 pm
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all
Default Re: One Year Later .. WOW!!!

Originally Posted by Buendia
David was on the govt. watchlist, too! We can't check in electronically at all anymore (check in desk every time now), but like you said, not too much of a problem. I guess they said his name is pretty common, so a pretty high likelihood that there's a baddie with the same name. They cross reference birthdate with name, and then passport number, and it all has to be done by hand. I felt better when I heard of a non-immigrant friend with the same problem. And I guess they said if you contact the NTSB you can get it taken care of, but since we get on first no matter what (at least until Finn is 2 or so), we decided not to deal with it yet.

Glad you enjoyed your trip back!
That is a relief that someone else that I know is on the list LOL.... Maybe it is some US Irish watch list, who knows with the current administration.

So far it seems like no biggie, having said that, I researched it at the time and seems it is not very easy to sort out due to the powers that be sometimes unwilling to admit that you are actually on the list.
Sad days for the US

Patrick