Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

One more quick query - cheques payable to???

Wikiposts

One more quick query - cheques payable to???

Old Mar 30th 2004, 3:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Lara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to behold
Default One more quick query - cheques payable to???

At last all the forms, copies, etc have now been done - just one last quick question though - who do we make the cheques payable to on the I-131, I485 and I765? First of all INS, then BCIS - Id hate to send this lot off and have it all returned because we'd put down something we shouldn't have. The instructions for the I-485 sayd Immigration and Naturalization Service ... Im just double checking again!
Old Mar 30th 2004, 3:40 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One more quick query - cheques payable to???

Originally posted by Lara45
At last all the forms, copies, etc have now been done - just one last quick question though - who do we make the cheques payable to on the I-131, I485 and I765? First of all INS, then BCIS - Id hate to send this lot off and have it all returned because we'd put down something we shouldn't have. The instructions for the I-485 sayd Immigration and Naturalization Service ... Im just double checking again!
USCIS---- "United States Citizenship and Immigration Services" is what they are called now.

Some local offices do not accept personal checks---you need to submit a cashier's check or money order instead. Make sure you check your local office's requirements before sending it off, and make a copy of EVERYTHING you submit! Each application should have it's own separate payment. Hope this helps.

~SecretGarden
Old Mar 30th 2004, 3:41 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Lara45
I believe they're going by the name USCIS nowadays, but I think BCIS is also acceptable.

Kate. xxx
Old Mar 30th 2004, 4:39 am
mstuckaNOSPAM

Lara45 <member8242@british_expats.com> wrote:
    > At last all the forms, copies, etc have now been done - just one last
    > quick question though - who do we make the cheques payable to on the
    > I-131, I485 and I765? First of all INS, then BCIS - Id hate to send
    > this lot off and have it all returned because we'd put down something we
    > shouldn't have. The instructions for the I-485 sayd Immigration and
    > Naturalization Service ... Im just double checking again!

We just got a bunch of forms rejected, but the money orders did come back
stamped "Citizenship and Immigration Services" oiver what we wrote, which
was typically something like "US Citizenship and Immigration Svcs"

Double-check your I-485 fee. The __instructions are wrong__, and we didn't
include the $50 fingerprinting fee. If you go to the Web page where you
downloaded the I-485 itself, it'll tell you what the fee is -- I think
$255, but, again, please double-check everything.

As someone pointed out, money orders or cashier's checks may be the only
thing accepted. My wife got the first round for free at her bank; I paid
$0.99 each at a CVS pharmacy last night. I needed cash to get the money
orders; no credit cards accepted.

I think some places limit you to how much cash you can withdraw in a
24-hour period on your ATM card, sometimes like $300. It's safer to go to
your bank and buy them, because you can write your bank a check directly.

Mike, with wisdom born of pain

--
Mike Stucka / mstucka at math.luc.edu
This person runs on ethanol, an environmentally friendly alternative fuel.

Old Mar 30th 2004, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Lara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by SecretGarden
USCIS---- "United States Citizenship and Immigration Services" is what they are called now.

Some local offices do not accept personal checks---you need to submit a cashier's check or money order instead. Make sure you check your local office's requirements before sending it off, and make a copy of EVERYTHING you submit! Each application should have it's own separate payment. Hope this helps.

~SecretGarden
Many thanks for that!! We've now sent off the papers so fingers crossed ...........