Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

One More Packet 3 Question

Wikiposts

One More Packet 3 Question

Old Feb 3rd 2004, 2:07 am
Sarah's Hubby

jjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to all
Default One More Packet 3 Question

Hi. Thought we had Packet 3 licked before sending it in, but discovered one last hiccup. Sarah was looking over the checklist(IV15), and came into some confusion.

The checklist states what you should be enclosing at the end of the form:

Enclosures:
1. IV15 (the checklist)
2. Form DS-230 Part 1 "Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration - Biographic Data"
3. Form DS-156K "Non immigrant Fiancée visa application, supplement to form OF-156"
4. Form DS-2000 "Public Charge Evidence" and Form I-134 "Affidavit of Support"
5. 2 x Form DS-156 "Non-immigrant visa application"

The only problem we have with this is that firstly do I enclose the affidavit of support form as it states in point 4? I was told by other posters not too hence the confusion.
Also in point 3 it reads that a form being a supplement to form OF-156 - We do not have this form_ OF -156 it wasn't in packet 3 - do we need it? Will we have to get it from somewhere?

Thanks,
Jeff
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 2:24 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: One More Packet 3 Question

In the UK at least, the affidavit of support is not needed until the interview itself.

As far as I know, the DS-156 is used instead of the OF-156...
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 2:40 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Jeff,

This "Enclosures:" statement that cames at the end of the checklist is telling you what materials were enclosed with the checklist in the package you received from the consulate.

It is not telling you what is supposed to be sent back to the embassy. That information, in the DS-200os [CORRECTION: that should be checklists, not DS-2000] I have seen, is given up-front in the opening paragraphs of the document.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by jjw152
Hi. Thought we had Packet 3 licked before sending it in, but discovered one last hiccup. Sarah was looking over the checklist(IV15), and came into some confusion.

Enclosures:
1. IV15 (the checklist)
2. Form DS-230 Part 1 "Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration - Biographic Data"
3. Form DS-156K "Non immigrant Fiancée visa application, supplement to form OF-156"

The only problem we have with this is that firstly do I enclose the affidavit of support form as it states in point 4? I was told by other posters not too hence the confusion.
Also in point 3 it reads that a form being a supplement to form OF-156 - We do not have this form_ OF -156 it wasn't in packet 3 - do we need it? Will we have to get it from somewhere?

Thanks,
Jeff

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Feb 3rd 2004 at 5:05 am.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 2:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jjw152

Enclosures:
1. IV15 (the checklist)

Thanks,
Jeff
Included in my fiance's Packet is form DS-157. Did you get that in your Packet by any chance? That may be considered a supplement to the DS-156. You do not return the I-134 with Pkt 3, only the checklist saying that you have it in your possession.

Jamie
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 3:17 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13
Included in my fiance's Packet is form DS-157. Did you get that in your Packet by any chance? That may be considered a supplement to the DS-156. You do not return the I-134 with Pkt 3, only the checklist saying that you have it in your possession.

Jamie
Hi:

The DS-157 is required for MEN of a certain age [I forget off the top of my head] and asks pretty much about skills and training useful to terrorists.

I'm too old to fill out the form and am a US citizen to boot -- but I found it interesting about the training I have had -- courtesy of the US Army. [Tim McVeigh was also trained by the US Army].