Wikiposts

Omo or io- question for you

Old Feb 9th 2004, 10:23 am
Just Joined

rubyjewel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Omo or io- question for you

Hi Omo,

It's me, rubyjewel.

Have you heard anything about io. I tried to go back through these postings to see if I could see anything and was not successful.

I am so curious to see how she and her husband made out.

My husbands interview was supposed to be on February 2 in Italy, but he didn't take me seriously when I told him the importance of the police clearance. Anyway, he waited until the last day before the interview and could not get it from the Italian court house, so I had to reschedule. The interview is now on February 18. We now have the police clearance, so hopefully everything will go smoothly.

I now have to convince him to come home instead of staying a working for another month or so, traveling home to Nigeria, and then here to Michigan. I am trying to get him to come home and then we can plan a trip to Nigeria together, so we both can go. I just don't think I am wearing on him!! Maybe he will change his mind once the visa is actually in his hand.

Anyway, let me know if you know anything about io's case.

Rubyjewel
Old Feb 11th 2004, 8:09 am
omo
Naija Brigade

omo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Omo or io- question for you

Hi RubyJewel,

Sorry I didn't see your post until today. I usually come in here once or twice a week now unless I'm expecting a reply to some thread(s). Anyway, it has been a LONG WHILE since I heard from io. When the "Marriage Visa Pages" was still around, we were communicating through email for a while and I was trying to encourage her not to give up despite the "nick-pickings" of documents that the U.S. Consulate was imposing on them. She and her husband had gone through soo much in the process and the Consulate was relentless in their delay tactics. Finally, she stopped emailing and haven't heard from her since. (That was a long while ago.)

Anyway, I want to wish you the very best for you and your husband for the Feb. 18th interview. (I'll keep my fingers crossed!) Hopefully, your husband is taking this experience very seriously now after all you both have been through.

Please, please let us know how it turned out, ok? (We, the "Naija-US" brigade: (i.e., myself, DaGeek, JeffB, JJ&ST, Vade, afroduke, Cathese, and Ruthanne, are cheering for you!!)

Regards, Omo