Wikiposts

Omg, Omg - Rfe!!

Old Jan 31st 2004, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

WiAnSiempre is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Omg, Omg - Rfe!!

Originally posted by Dad of 3
Angela:

If it is a divorce decree that you are needing.....make sure it is the FINAL DECREE OF DIVORCE and even though USCIS specifically states they do not required "originals", you might want to consider sending them a certified copy of the divorce decree which in FL at least, it means that it has the seal of the Court over a copy of the judge's signature.

Hope they look at the new info quickly,

Dad of 3
Thanks Dad of 3. What I have says at the top Final Judgement and Decree. And it has the official seal from the courthouse. I'm going to send the original not a copy just to be safe. I ordered 2 from the courthouse, so I have another.

Thanks,
Angela
Old Jan 31st 2004, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

Dad of 3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by WiAnSiempre
Thanks Dad of 3. What I have says at the top Final Judgement and Decree. And it has the official seal from the courthouse. I'm going to send the original not a copy just to be safe. I ordered 2 from the courthouse, so I have another.

Thanks,
Angela

Angela, Sounds like that that is the document you will need if that is what is required for RFE.

Take it easy,
Dad of 3
Old Jan 31st 2004, 1:36 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by WiAnSiempre
Wow, I'm am so excited I can't even think straight right now! Just on a whim I went to check our status this morning and we have an RFE! I had to read it about 10 times to believe what my eyes were seeing Why am I excited about RFE - well I know they have at least looked at our petition and it will go quick now.

I was expecting and RFE anyway because I had sent in the Divorce Agreement from my previous marraige instead of the Divorce Decree. At the time I didn't know there was a difference and I didn't have the Divorce Decree. Anyway, I have the Divorce Decree now ready to Priority Mail back to them as soon as I receive the RFE in the mail. I'm assuming that's what the RFE is for...but we shall see

I tried calling my sweety but he's not home so I had to share my good news with you all

Cheers,
Angela
Congrats Angela How refreshing to see someone actually happy to receive an RFE & how right of you to feel that way. Speaking from personal experience I was shattered to check our online status to find we had an RFE Once the initial shock wore off it was trivial & like my husband pointed out At least our petition was in someones hands & no longer gathering dust on a shelf somewhere. Im sure you are right & this matter will all be sorted soon & your online status will soon be showing APPROVED. I really like your attitude & take my hat off to you.
Regards
Shepslady
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 2:54 am
Spahi

WiAnSiempre,
Make sure you put the green RFE letter on top of your response with
the divorce decree; Just to be on the safe side, if I were you I will
put the petitioner, beneficiary, the case number and the A# on each
page of the RFE response documents.
Shantanu