Omg I Got It!!!!!!

Old Feb 5th 2003, 6:55 am
darrenb

Well done Sal,

I was sure you'd get the Visa! Sorry we didnt hand around to wait for you. The traffic was chaos out of London and by the time I got home I was so tired I thought my name was Frank.

All the best to both of you. It was great seeing you and Im glad we made what could have been a stressful situation quite a fun day out for all the family

Now I just have to start planning our move!!

D

Old Feb 5th 2003, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsstrickland is an unknown quantity at this point

congratulations to you sal, hope you have a speedy trip to your loved one

dee
Old Feb 5th 2003, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

julieb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Omg I Got It!!!!!!

Originally posted by sal_whit
Well before I posted this I read Darrenb's post...ROFL
He explained it just how it happened..
I was in the Hotel right opposit the Doc's,Walked across the road straight up to darren and we both asked at the same time..are you Darren??? are you sally???? ROFL.
I did go to the bathroom at the Doc's..OMG..its a bomb shelter!!!!
After Darren left the Embassy I waited for around another 15 minutes,Then was told I had my Visa!!! Woooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooo....
I then went straight to the travel agents and booked my flight,I shall be with Whit on the 11th Feb...Can't wait.
Oh for those of you who have not met Darren or his wife,They are a very lovely couple.
I really think my nerves would have complettely gone if it wasn't for those two...Thanks Darren you were great!!!

Sal
Well done....you deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Julie
Old Feb 5th 2003, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, sorry its late but been darting around. Congratulations I am so pleased for you, its a piece of cake huh, all those sleepless nights were a waste of time.

So the next chapter awaits, good luck for the future, guess we will have to show MD what its all about. Stay in touch will meet up hopefully when we both get settled,

Rob
Old Feb 6th 2003, 12:21 am
BE Enthusiast

sal_whit will become famous soon enoughsal_whit will become famous soon enough

Hey Rob

CONGRATULAIONS
Its easy to say a piece of cake after we have gone through it..LOL.
And yes It would be great to meet up once we are settled!!!!
OMG I've just had a nasty thought!!!! Two Brits moving to MD around the same time????? ohhhhhhhhhhhh are they ready for us???? ROFL

Sal
Old Feb 6th 2003, 1:03 am
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all

Hey Rob

CONGRATULAIONS
Its easy to say a piece of cake after we have gone through it..LOL.
And yes It would be great to meet up once we are settled!!!!
OMG I've just had a nasty thought!!!! Two Brits moving to MD around the same time????? ohhhhhhhhhhhh are they ready for us???? ROFL

Sal
Hey Sal,

Congratulations !!! We're so glad you received your visa. Seems like this has been a busy past couple of weeks for alot of people on this website. Good luck in your future. Best wishes

Kat and Chris
Old Feb 6th 2003, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

ccqiu is an unknown quantity at this point

Well before I posted this I read Darrenb's post...ROFL
He explained it just how it happened..
I was in the Hotel right opposit the Doc's,Walked across the road straight up to darren and we both asked at the same time..are you Darren??? are you sally???? ROFL.
I did go to the bathroom at the Doc's..OMG..its a bomb shelter!!!!
After Darren left the Embassy I waited for around another 15 minutes,Then was told I had my Visa!!! Woooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooo....
I then went straight to the travel agents and booked my flight,I shall be with Whit on the 11th Feb...Can't wait.
Oh for those of you who have not met Darren or his wife,They are a very lovely couple.
I really think my nerves would have complettely gone if it wasn't for those two...Thanks Darren you were great!!!

Sal
Sal Congratuations.

One question: do we need to carry the huge X-ray with us when entering the US? Thanks.

ccqiu
Old Feb 6th 2003, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

sal_whit will become famous soon enoughsal_whit will become famous soon enough

Hi ccqiu

Thanks for the congrats!!
I was told to keep my XRay in my hand luggage,As I will need it at POA!!!!
Reading post from other people in this forum,They say they were not asked for it and it was not needed????
I will carry the XRay as told,As its just my luck they will ask for it ...LOL.

Sal