Wikiposts

OMG..argh

Old May 29th 2003, 12:27 pm
Ruth

Default OMG..argh

I just read a post below on the times of the service centers and how quickly
they are processing I-129's. Nebraska (which is where I'm going to have to
go through) is just NOW processing requests with receipts dated on December
2, 2002. WAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I may be pushing Feb 14 marriage after all.
YUCK!!!!!!!!!

Why is it so slowwwww???????????

Old May 29th 2003, 12:58 pm
Whimsical in the brainpan

Elenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of light

They're actually processing January 2.

And yeah, it's about 5-6 months waiting time right now.

Welcome to our world At least there's lots of support here...

Hang in there!
Old May 29th 2003, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

NevAnna is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Ruth I also felt the pain of the long wait with Nebraska! I remember those feelings of finding out our service center. Not to mention, when we filed, the processing time was 70-100 days, even stated so on our 1st NOA. Then shortly after, the processing time was changed to 150-180 days. What a blow that was! See my timeline below, just as a reference. You'll see that after you receive your 2nd NOA of approval, it moves rather quickly We are now waiting on the K1 interview date, so there is light at the end of the tunnel! Best of luck to you!
Old May 29th 2003, 1:22 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Anna, if it were me I would be emailing London Monday to see when you might get an interview. Couldn't hurt, might help things along,
Old May 29th 2003, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks, Cindy My fiance ended up mailing the forms today, instead of taking them to the Embassy, as he couldn't get away to do so. They're only open from 8-11 in the mornings. I'll update my timeline with an interview date soon, I hope!

Last edited by NevAnna; May 29th 2003 at 1:40 pm.
Old May 29th 2003, 1:50 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by NevAnna
Thanks, Cindy My fiance ended up mailing the forms today, instead of taking them to the Embassy, as he couldn't get away to do so. They're only open from 8-11 in the mornings. I'll update my timeline with an interview date soon, I hope!
Fingers crossed. Also depending on what date you have as to when he is planning on coming over will make a difference I think. We were sweating it since we had already booked a ticket for him to fly over June 7th for our anniversary, which by the way is not what you're supposed to do, We were lucky to get the date we did.
Old May 29th 2003, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

No date set. We were just hoping he'd be here in time for the Fourth of July, as that would be a first experience I recently found out that St. Louis has a huge celebration, largest in the nation, according to the website. So, I was wanting him to see the fireworks display, the crowd, and enjoy a good outdoor barbeque and beer drinking. American style! Thanks for the wishes Oh, and by the way, I'm a southern gal, too. Just moved to Missouri from Alabama back in November of last year. How I miss good old southern hospitality! I hope to see your post of K1 delight, when I wake in the morning, Cindy

Last edited by NevAnna; May 29th 2003 at 2:03 pm.
Old May 29th 2003, 2:07 pm
Sursum corda

No date set. We were just hoping he'd be here in time for the Fourth of July, as that would be a first experience I recently found out that St. Louis has a huge celebration, largest in the nation, according to the website. So, I was wanting him to see the fireworks display, the crowd, and enjoy a good outdoor barbeque and beer drinking. American style! Thanks for the wishes Oh, and by the way, I'm a southern gal, too. Just moved to Missouri from Alabama back in November of last year. How I miss good old southern hospitality! I hope to see your post of K1 delight, when I wake in the morning, Cindy
Thanks Anna, It will be a K3 rather than K1 but either way you cut it, getting it will be finer than frog hair, .
PS I am originally one of those damnedyankees, New England born and bred. Have lived here for almost 11 years now.
Old May 29th 2003, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ack! I knew you were K3. Perhaps, I should get some sleep and stop all the worrying, lol. Makes for bad typing...Good luck!
Old May 29th 2003, 8:11 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Anna,
I only just realised you are from St. Louis, MO : I have flown in & out there a couple of times on the way to Kurt in Arkansas - and just this week received a St. Louis Cardinals t shirt from a game he went to a couple weeks ago! Nobody here in London will know what it is about, except a lady at work who is from Chicago and supports the Cubs...

Debbie

Last edited by dbark; May 29th 2003 at 8:14 pm.
Old May 29th 2003, 9:41 pm
Ronald Austin

Default Re: OMG..argh

"NevAnna" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> See my timeline below, just as a reference.

Those of us posting from Usenet, Ruth included, can't see your timeline.

Old May 29th 2003, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ah cool, Debbie I just bought a St. Louis Cardinals t-shirt for Nev. I'm sending next week, as an early Welcome Home present. He's never been to a baseball game, and that's one of the things I have planned to do when he arrives. I've only lived here a short while and it won't feel like home until I'm with my love I imagine not many, if anyone, understands the t-shirt he bought from Alabama that says "Hey Ya'll" on the front, lol. He was so proud of that, that he wore in on the plane trip back to England!