Old Jun 27th 2003, 3:44 am
Dreamer

OlenkaKyiv will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Omg!!!

Originally posted by Tim Elzinga
For the information of those who weren't aware, the fees were lowered on
January 24, 2003 and reinstated on February 27, 2003. Always check the BCIS
website for the correct fee before sending in your petition. That way you
won't get it back asking for the correct payment.

Hang in there fellow January/February NSC people, we're getting close.

Tim

NOA #1 NSC: February 6, 2003
Thank you for information as our 1 NOA was from Jan 29 probably our check is on its own way to my fiance ... lol... but I agree not to have it if NSC speed up my case

One of the January fellow is here <I wave to all you>

Olenka
Old Jun 27th 2003, 4:03 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Carey,

Sorry, but I truly doubt that your refund check means that your petition has gone to an adjudicator's desk. Remember, your payment was separated from the petition on receipt and sent to 'accounting', while your petition was sent to 'the shelf'.

Consider yourself lucky that the NSC went to the trouble of accepting your incorrect payment and processing a refund, rather than returning the package to you and asking you to resubmit with the correct payment.

But adjudicator's evaluate your petition, they don't do the accounting functions. At least I hope they don't. Although such inefficiency might go a long way towards explaining why the NSC is so slow.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Careybear
I got a check in the mail today from the U.S. Treasury for $29 for an overpayment on my immigration application. Remember when the price for Fiance Visas went down for a bit back in february or march...don't remember when it was exactly I must have fallen into that window...wow does this mean they've actually picked up my application there at Nebraska? Could be!! Never know!!! I'm so excited to get money in the mail!!! lol And also about the fact that my petition just might have actually been taken off the shelf and moved somewhere else..lol Anyway wanted to share some news with you all....

Carey
Old Jun 27th 2003, 7:11 am
Dreamer

For the information of those who weren't aware, the fees were lowered on
January 24, 2003 and reinstated on February 27, 2003.
Tell me please, from where you got this dates? from BCIS Web site? From dates you stated I see that our petition were in this frame (Jan 29)

Another question? could someone send me scaned letter which you received with check (of course if you received such one) for my fiance could show it to congressman? If there is any privat information you could delete it in file and not show me.

Probably you could help me to get to know where I can find information which will be good proof of the fact of lower charge for petition during exact period and which can be used by my fiance to get our money back.

if we have right to get it back, why not to try to get them

Olenka
Old Jun 27th 2003, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

dwaarf2 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey guys my fiancee got the check back too yesterday he thought maybe they had dusted off the file somewhere cos its funny how it took so long to get it back and the dates seem odd to me as well

NOA-1 25TH FEB NSC
Old Jun 27th 2003, 12:37 pm
Tim Elzinga

OlenkaKyiv wrote...
    > > For the information of those who weren't aware, the fees were
    > > lowered on
    > > January 24, 2003 and reinstated on February 27, 2003.
    > Tell me please, from where you got this dates? from BCIS Web site?

Yes, the dates I mentioned were the dates I remembered from information I
had seen on the INS/BCIS website at the time.

From dates you stated I see that our petition were in this frame (Jan 29)
    > Another question? could someone send me scaned letter which you received
    > with check (of course if you received such one) for my fiance could show
    > it to congressman? If there is any privat information you could delete
    > it in file and not show me.

There was no letter. It was just a check with a notation on it regarding
the immigration overpayment.

> Probably you could help me to get to know where I can find information
    > which will be good proof of the fact of lower charge for petition during
    > exact period and which can be used by my fiance to get our money back.
    > if we have right to get it back, why not to try to get them

I'm not sure exactly where the information might be found. I'm pretty sure
it was published to the Federal Register, so you could search that and find
it there.

I would guess that since I am not the only one who received a refund check,
all those who overpaid will most likely get one. I paid with a personal
check and it took about 4 1/2 months to get the refund back.

Mmy guess is that you'll get yours soon. I doubt enlisting the assistance
of a congressperson would be of much help. The way I see it, they did me a
favor in refunding my money. Neither the information I saw on the site nor
the information given to me by the NCSC agent said anything about issuing
refunds for overpayments. On the contrary, the NCSC agent told me that they
would most certainly not refund the difference, so it was gracious of them
to do so.

Tim

NOA #1 NSC: 02/06/2003
141 days and counting 06/27/2003

Old Jun 27th 2003, 12:42 pm
In the UK

Careybear will become famous soon enough

There was no letter Olenka just a check from the US treasury and Jeffrey I'm sure you're right but it still was nice to get money in the mail when I didn't have any!!

Carey

Originally posted by OlenkaKyiv
Tell me please, from where you got this dates? from BCIS Web site? From dates you stated I see that our petition were in this frame (Jan 29)

Another question? could someone send me scaned letter which you received with check (of course if you received such one) for my fiance could show it to congressman? If there is any privat information you could delete it in file and not show me.

Probably you could help me to get to know where I can find information which will be good proof of the fact of lower charge for petition during exact period and which can be used by my fiance to get our money back.

Olenka
Old Jun 27th 2003, 12:46 pm
In the UK

Careybear will become famous soon enough

Oh and Olenka make sure he paid the $110 and not the $81....I saw it on the part of the site where you download the forms because it gives a description of the form and how much it is to process it....I had downloaded the I129F form way back in December when it was $110 and had just assumed it was that much still when I sent it in...then i went back to the ins site at the time and looked at the forms again and it had said $81 on it and I was confused so I went to the homepage at the time and it had said they had moved the fiance visa down to a smaller amount. I was wondering what they would do with the $110 and now I know. So make sure with your Lovely (as you call him) how much he paid to send it in.

Carey :0)

Originally posted by OlenkaKyiv

Olenka
Old Jun 27th 2003, 5:30 pm
Dreamer

Default $ 29 was sent back

Tim and Carey thank you very much for your information
Now it is my time to tell "Omg....Omg" Today I talked to my fiance and he said that he had received a check on $ 29. I saw scanned check..... WOW.... it is great to see a good news from NSC at least. I really hope we will see more good news soon And as everyone among you my fiance said : "May be they are finally looking at our petition...." I am not sure about it, frankly speaking.... BUT who knows

I am afraid only one thing. Probably because of all this mess with $ 29 checks, all oficers were too busy to work with our petitions so maybe along with positive events we have negative one. I want to be wrong!

Olenka