Ok to travel?

Old Dec 24th 2003, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

ndrobert is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ok to travel?

Hi,
K3iers.....

My wife is here in (usa) on K3 visa,can she go out side the USA to visit some body & come back...her K3 visa expire on aug10 2005........any comments really apprecited..

regards
Robert
Old Dec 24th 2003, 8:02 pm
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Ok to travel?

I was under the impression that a K3 allows multiple entry/exits to the USA

Originally posted by ndrobert
Hi K3iers..... My wife is here in (usa) on K3 visa,can she go out side the USA to visit some body & come back...her K3 visa expire on aug10 2005........any comments really apprecited..
regards
Robert
Old Dec 24th 2003, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by CharlieS
I was under the impression that a K3 allows multiple entry/exits to the USA
Me too
Old Dec 28th 2003, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

rreynol is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ndrobert
Hi,
K3iers.....

My wife is here in (usa) on K3 visa,can she go out side the USA to visit some body & come back...her K3 visa expire on aug10 2005........any comments really apprecited..

regards
Robert

We have traveled to Japan/Korea twice since coming to the US in April 2003 on a K3, No problems at all with entry. Have your wife stand in the US citizens line with you at the entry point.

You don't need AP even if you have filed AOS with a K3. Here's an exerpt from USCIS website

Advance Parole
Most aliens who have pending applications for immigration benefits or for changes in nonimmigrant status need Advance Parole to re-enter the U.S. after traveling abroad. Aliens applying for advance parole on the basis of a pending application for adjustment of status must be approved for advance parole prior to leaving the United States in order to avoid the termination of their pending application for adjustment.

Note: this does not apply to aliens who have applied to adjust to permanent resident status and who maintain H-1B (Specialty Worker) or L-1 (Intracompany Transferee) status, or their dependents, who have applied to adjust to permanent resident status and who have valid H-1B or L status and valid visas, V nonimmigrants who have a valid V nonimmigrant visa, are in valid V nonimmigrant status and have or obtain a valid V nonimmigrant visa before applying for readmission to the US, and K-3/4 nonimmigrants who have applied to adjust to permanent resident status and who have a valid K-3/4 nonimmigrant visa, are in valid K-3/4 nonimmigrant status and have or obtain a valid K-3/4 nonimmigrant visa before applying for readmission to the US.
Old Dec 28th 2003, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

rreynol is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, you might want to print out that page from the UCSIS website and take it with you in case you have a problem. I had a copy just in case. We didn't have any problems at the LAX POE. They knew about it already.

-rreynol