Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

OK So I am here now, what next ?

Wikiposts

OK So I am here now, what next ?

Old Oct 29th 2003, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

whatever will become famous soon enoughwhatever will become famous soon enough
Default Re: OK So I am here now, what next ?

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
Having arrived stateside Sunday, whisked through immigration in record time, ( a barking dog works wonders lol ) what forms do I need to file and where now ? I want to get my SSN, can I do that straight away ? Or is there a minimum wait ?

Date set for the 22nd December 2003. I know I have to notfiy the INS of the change as soon as possible, but what else do we need to do ?

Cheers

Hey Scrumpy you're an alien!!!!!!!! How are you settling in?!?!?!??! How's your doggy? Is he happy with his new home/dog food??
Congrats on your arrival
Old Oct 29th 2003, 7:49 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by whatever
Hey Scrumpy you're an alien!!!!!!!!
A little off topic, but you're an "alien" (not from this world), you need "advance parole", fingerprinting done and a photograph taken - can they make you feel more like you're an alien going to jail?? *L*
Old Oct 29th 2003, 12:45 pm
Account Closed

imkimmy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
Thanks all, I'll pop to the SSN office next week then.
Scrumpy-

You are in luck. There is a SS office right there on Rt. 28 and the office has never been busy when I have been there!!! In and out in a matter of minutes.

Kimberly
Old Oct 29th 2003, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Legal limit for alcohol is 1 litre I hear. Smuggled it in intreveneously, I had some blood with that Zider in my veins.

Doing great thanks Beqchie, although jet lag is a biatch. Going to tackle it Friday when we are off to Hampton Roads to see Mary Ann's nephew play football. I'm told he is an offensive lineman. Strange, he seemed such a polite youth when I met him last year.

I was an alien even when I was in the UK Whatever ! As for Laddie and his new diet...let's just say one does not have to see where he went to know he has been. IAMS stands for Involuntary Arse Messaging Service. After my experiences at Dulles with Laddie barking etc. I hear bin Laden is going to gain entry to the US with a barking chihuahua next week ?

Thanks Kimmy, will get Mary Ann to drive me over there next week. Do I need a SSN to apply for a driver's permit ? I know my UK one is not valid over here. But I am told the VA test is not that difficult. Least ways judging from some I have seen driving round here lol.

Look out for a pick up truck bearing VA plate SCR UMPY real soon he he he. I wanted P155 OFF, but Mary Ann thought that might lead to trouble lol.
Old Oct 30th 2003, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

mdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant future

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy Do I need a SSN to apply for a driver's permit ? I know my UK one is not valid over here. But I am told the VA test is not that difficult. Least ways judging from some I have seen driving round here lol.
I managed to get a drivers license in Missouri whilst on a visa waiver from the UK (with no SSN).. I'd previously contacted the DOT in Missouri and they said my UK license was valid for 6mths. If you think about it, lots of tourists go to Florida and wherever from the UK each year and hire a car.