Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

OK, I think I've got it...K3 Packet 3 Question

Wikiposts

OK, I think I've got it...K3 Packet 3 Question

Old Dec 11th 2003, 5:37 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OK, I think I've got it...K3 Packet 3 Question

Originally posted by .
US Embassy site should have the forms there.
Thanks, they do have the forms here BUT I can't find anywhere where they specify which forms for which visa.

If anyone has the definitive list that would be really helpful.

And if anyone can tell me if there are two DS-156 forms in the packet.

Thanks

CB
Old Dec 11th 2003, 6:06 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by CaliforniaBride

And if anyone can tell me if there are two DS-156 forms in the packet.

Thanks

CB
The reason I ask this is because I found this

CB
Old Dec 11th 2003, 6:14 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

Aaaarrrggghhh! Junk mail filter! I've had a reply from the London Embassy sitting in my junk folder.

It says:

Yes we received the file yesterday and have mailed out the set of forms that
you are required to complete to your ***** address.
The forms required for the k-3 application are DS-156, DS-230-1 and IV-15.

Thank you for your email correspondence.

So I'm none the wiser. What about the two copies of the DS-156 AND the I-134????? Did we already complete an I-134?

Help!

CB
Old Dec 11th 2003, 6:23 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Did we already complete an I-134?

Help!

CB
The I-134 is the Affidavit of Support filled out by the US citizen. Have you filled one out yet??
Old Dec 11th 2003, 10:15 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

Originally posted by Leslie66
The I-134 is the Affidavit of Support filled out by the US citizen. Have you filled one out yet??
Not unless there was one in the I-129 or I-130 application package? Would there have been?

CB
Old Dec 11th 2003, 10:18 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Not unless there was one in the I-129 or I-130 application package? Would there have been?

CB

No, you will need to download it off the BCIS website.
Old Dec 11th 2003, 10:19 am
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

the affidavit of support is part of the package you present at your interview

CB
Old Dec 11th 2003, 10:23 am
WTF?

Originally posted by CharlieS
the affidavit of support is part of the package you present at your interview
Correctamundo, Charlie!!! This will be the first time you will have had any need for it, CB. Download it and start studying it, it has several things that are required to be included with it. So your husband will have to start gathering those.

Leslie
Old Dec 11th 2003, 10:24 am
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

Aaaarrrggghhh! Junk mail filter! I've had a reply from the London Embassy sitting in my junk folder.

It says:

Yes we received the file yesterday and have mailed out the set of forms that
you are required to complete to your ***** address.
The forms required for the k-3 application are DS-156, DS-230-1 and IV-15.

Thank you for your email correspondence.

So I'm none the wiser. What about the two copies of the DS-156 AND the I-134????? Did we already complete an I-134?

Help!

CB
You do need two copies of the DS-156.

The I-134 can be downloaded from either the embassy website or the BCIS website (can't remember which). Get your other half to do that, fill it in and mail it to you with all the back up documentation. It's good for either 6 or 12 months......
Old Dec 11th 2003, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

mdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant future

From my packet 3 for a K3 in London received a week ago:

DS-2000,
form I-134 (Rev 10/12/00)Y,
form I-134 Instructions (rev 10/12/00)Y,
DS-230 Part 1, 05-2001,
DS-156, 02-2003, (which they have sent twice).

From the instructions they sent, also:

AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, complete and return to us the following enclosed forms fiust the
forms please, not the documents):
A. DS-230 Part l, "Application for lmmigrant Visa and Alien Registration - Biographic Data."
(Please complete BOTH sides.)
B. DS-156, "Nonimmigrant Visa Application", i n duplicate. (Please complete but do NOT sign the
form.)
Old Dec 12th 2003, 3:52 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

Hi mdaitc

Thanks so much for that. REally appreciated.

CB

Originally posted by mdaitc
From my packet 3 for a K3 in London received a week ago:

DS-2000,
form I-134 (Rev 10/12/00)Y,
form I-134 Instructions (rev 10/12/00)Y,
DS-230 Part 1, 05-2001,
DS-156, 02-2003, (which they have sent twice).

From the instructions they sent, also:

AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, complete and return to us the following enclosed forms fiust the
forms please, not the documents):
A. DS-230 Part l, "Application for lmmigrant Visa and Alien Registration - Biographic Data."
(Please complete BOTH sides.)
B. DS-156, "Nonimmigrant Visa Application", i n duplicate. (Please complete but do NOT sign the
form.)