Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

OK, I think I've got it...K3 Packet 3 Question

Wikiposts

OK, I think I've got it...K3 Packet 3 Question

Old Dec 10th 2003, 1:46 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute
Default OK, I think I've got it...K3 Packet 3 Question

I'm a K3 spouse. I have I-129 approval and have been forwarded to the London Embassy. I want to get my forms filled in in advance.

After trawling through the search function (which incidentally threw up 1783 pages) I think I've got it.

My packet 3 will contain:

DS-230 part 1
DS-156
DS-156K
I-134
IV-15
DS-2000

Is that it? Is there anything else i should download? Instructions or anything.

Help!

CB *feeling nervous*
Old Dec 10th 2003, 2:13 pm
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of
Default Re: OK, I think I've got it...K3 Packet 3 Question

Originally posted by CaliforniaBride
I'm a K3 spouse. I have I-129 approval and have been forwarded to the London Embassy. I want to get my forms filled in in advance.

After trawling through the search function (which incidentally threw up 1783 pages) I think I've got it.

My packet 3 will contain:

DS-230 part 1
DS-156
DS-156K
I-134
IV-15
DS-2000

Is that it? Is there anything else i should download? Instructions or anything.

Help!

CB *feeling nervous*
Isn't DS-2000 the form for the medical exam? My husband's P3 included forms DS-156 and DS-157, no DS-230. I wonder whether DS-156k is considered part of DS-156 or if they are two totally separate things.
Old Dec 10th 2003, 2:20 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Heb,

DS-156 and DS-156k are 2 separate forms.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Hebapotamus42
Isn't DS-2000 the form for the medical exam? My husband's P3 included forms DS-156 and DS-157, no DS-230. I wonder whether DS-156k is considered part of DS-156 or if they are two totally separate things.
Old Dec 10th 2003, 2:44 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

The DS-2000 as I understand it is an instruction form entitled "Evidence Which May Be Presented to Meet the Public Charge Provisions of the Law".

So should I include DS-157?
Old Dec 10th 2003, 2:47 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

Oh, and DS-157 is a form required by all male applicants over a certain age.
Old Dec 10th 2003, 2:47 pm

I would suggest that your fiance or spouse get the paperworks on her part
done.
They are such as:
Police record
Birth certificate
Prove of relationship
Medical exam and immunization
and others.

Those papers will help eliminate the waste of time. The US consulate
instruct clearly in packet3 not to do so. However, experience proves to be
different.

Let me remember what was happening with us and some others.
We went through everything as the instruction indicates. It took us ten
months to get my fiance here in the state. We wasted a little time at the
beginning for my fiance to gather all of her necessary paperwork such as
birth certificate, id card, family registration etc.......... We also wasted
a little more time after we received the packet3 from the consulate to make
sure that her health, which would lead to positive solution at the medical
exam. We also made sure that every paperworks were done properly with
supported evidence to prove for their genuinity.

We are very happy and proud for what we had done. I don't think the process
through the consulate for the visa is hard at all. The instruction is clear
and simple. OH! DON'T FORGET TO FOLLOW UP IF YOU HAVE NOT HEARD THE CASE
STATUS FOR A WHILE. Call them directly. I'm pretty you know that US Embassy
is our government. We can demand to talk to the American workers since many
paper pushers are normally the citizens of the country, not the US. I found
that it was easy to understand when I talked to an American officer. I can
stress it hard enough for you TO FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTION. Put them together
as it indicates. Don't take it lightly. Impress them with evidence to show
that your relationship is genuine. Remember! they are always looking for
fraud. They are not there to prove you of your relationship. You and your
fiance are the ones who are applying for the visa. IMPRESS them.

"CaliforniaBride" <member12142@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I'm a K3 spouse. I have I-129 approval and have been forwarded to the
    > London Embassy. I want to get my forms filled in in advance.
    > After trawling through the search function (which incidentally threw up
    > 1783 pages) I think I've got it.
    > My packet 3 will contain:
    > DS-230 part 1
    > DS-156
    > DS-156K
    > I-134
    > IV-15
    > DS-2000
    > Is that it? Is there anything else i should download? Instructions
    > or anything.
    > Help!
    > CB *feeling nervous*
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Dec 10th 2003, 3:02 pm
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

Oh, and DS-157 is a form required by all male applicants over a certain age.
Seems to depend on what country you originate from. The DS-156k is for K1er's......
Old Dec 10th 2003, 3:07 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

Originally posted by RoB1833
Seems to depend on what country you originate from. The DS-156k is for K1er's......
So that is a definite NO for the DS-156K?

I'm the wife of a USC and I'm from the UK.

CB
Old Dec 10th 2003, 3:12 pm
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

CB
I went through the K3, it wasn't in my packet 3 and wasn't requested at the embassy in London. I looked at it at one point and seem to remember it had something to do with swearing to be able to get married within 90 days of arrival in the US.
Old Dec 10th 2003, 3:20 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

Originally posted by RoB1833
I went through the K3, it wasn't in my packet 3 and wasn't requested at the embassy in London. I looked at it at one point and seem to remember it had something to do with swearing to be able to get married within 90 days of arrival in the US.
Thanks Rob.

So my list is now:

DS-230 part 1
DS-156
I-134
I-134 Instructions
DS-2000
IV-15 Checklist

Anyone know how I'm doing so far?

CB
Old Dec 10th 2003, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

alex_lg is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Things that take time to gather, such as police record, medical exam..., you already know and probably have started gathering them.

If the embassy site in UK doesn't have a packet 3 for download, you can download one from the Ukraine site. Of course, that one is tailored for Ukraine but you can get an idea what they are looking for. Even if there are some forms specific to UK, you probably can just fill out in a matter of minutes anyway.

Regards,
Alex
Old Dec 10th 2003, 10:27 pm
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

Now you know why I specified that I was a K1'er and not a K3'er
I wasn't sure how much the packet 3 would vary but now we know.

Once you look through the forms you will see that they really aren't as daunting as people originally expect.

Good luck with it all.

CB
Old Dec 11th 2003, 12:28 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

The DS-156K is the NONIMMIGRANT FIANCE(E) VISA APPLICATION to be used in conjunction with the DS-156 so you definitely don't need it.

Sorry I can't help you any more than that.

Best wishes

Tam
Old Dec 11th 2003, 3:59 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

Thanks everyone for your help. I've been looking around some more and found mention of two DS-156 forms??

And also a cover letter with instructions on what to send back to the embassy etc, where can I find that?

So my list is now:

DS-230 part 1
DS-156 x 2
I-134
I-134 Instructions
DS-2000
IV-15 Checklist

Anyone know how I'm doing so far?

CB
Old Dec 11th 2003, 4:20 am

US Embassy site should have the forms there.

"CaliforniaBride" <member12142@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks everyone for your help. I've been looking around some more and
    > found mention of two DS-156 forms??
    > And also a cover letter with instructions on what to send back to the
    > embassy etc, where can I find that?
    > So my list is now:
    > DS-230 part 1
    > DS-156 x 2
    > I-134
    > I-134 Instructions
    > DS-2000
    > IV-15 Checklist
    > Anyone know how I'm doing so far?
    > CB
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.