Reload this Page >

ok am freaking out a little....

Wikiposts

ok am freaking out a little....

Old Apr 20th 2004, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

culverabbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ok am freaking out a little....

as i've posted before, i have an appointment tomorrow for my iEAD and to apply for emergency advance parole...im freaking out because the letter from my grandfather's doctor hasn't gotten here yet (it's was SUPPOSED to get here yesterday). do you think (and i realize that this is only personal opinion and will not take it for fact!) that INS will just take my word (and explaination on paper) of the fact that my grandpa is terminally ill and only has 5 weeks left to live or do i need actual hard evidence? help! im leaving for my appointment at 4am tomorrow :scared:
Old Apr 20th 2004, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: ok am freaking out a little....

Originally posted by culverabbie
as i've posted before, i have an appointment tomorrow for my iEAD and to apply for emergency advance parole...im freaking out because the letter from my grandfather's doctor hasn't gotten here yet (it's was SUPPOSED to get here yesterday). do you think (and i realize that this is only personal opinion and will not take it for fact!) that INS will just take my word (and explaination on paper) of the fact that my grandpa is terminally ill and only has 5 weeks left to live or do i need actual hard evidence? help! im leaving for my appointment at 4am tomorrow :scared:

thanks for the support guys...

anyway...the letter JUST came in the male...very very very late...oh well shouldn't have worried
Old Apr 20th 2004, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

thanks for the support guys...

anyway...the letter JUST came in the male...very very very late...oh well shouldn't have worried

sorry mail not male...
Old Apr 20th 2004, 10:41 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

sorry mail not male...
LOL Anyway, good luck for tomorrow Abbie, I hope it all works out ok for you.

Best wishes

Tam
Old Apr 21st 2004, 4:51 am
Jacqueline Bergstedt

If you have already bought your flights, take tickets with you as additional
proof. I was asked for these when I picked up my emergency AP. It all
helps.

Regards, Jacqueline

"culverabbie" <member23275@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Originally posted by culverabbie
    > > as i've posted before,
    > i have an appointment tomorrow for my iEAD and to apply for emergency
    > advance parole...im freaking out because the letter from my
    > grandfather's doctor hasn't gotten here yet (it's was SUPPOSED to get
    > here yesterday). do you think (and i realize that this is only personal
    > opinion and will not take it for fact!) that INS will just take my word
    > (and explaination on paper) of the fact that my grandpa is terminally
    > ill and only has 5 weeks left to live or do i need actual hard evidence?
    > help! im leaving for my appointment at 4am tomorrow :scared:
    > thanks for the support guys...
    > anyway...the letter JUST came in
    > the male...very very very late...oh well shouldn't have worried
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Apr 21st 2004, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

princess_fiona is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry mail not male...

Hehehe...just a little bit of mixed emotions

Good luck!
Old Apr 21st 2004, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by princess_fiona
Hehehe...just a little bit of mixed emotions

Good luck!

thanks guys!!! i really appreciate it! i went across to jacksonville this morning (at 4 - ugh!) and just got back (at 5 -gah!)... i showed all of my documents as well as the letter from my grandfather's doctor but they said that the fastest they could get it out would be to mail it to me on monday of next week (oh well, i hope that they keep their promises - yeah right! ) the man down there who helped me with my iEAD (which i got right away) also helped with the advance parole when talking to the officers at the information desk he seemed relatively SURE that he would get it to me before 2 weeks so i guess we'll see. they also told me that i shouldn't buy plane tickets until i have received the paperwork from them (but that would leave me only 4 days until i wanted to fly...) what do you suggest?

again, thanks for the support!
abbie
Old Apr 21st 2004, 11:40 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

...they also told me that i shouldn't buy plane tickets until i have received the paperwork from them (but that would leave me only 4 days until i wanted to fly...) what do you suggest?
Definitely do not pay out for your tickets til you have that AP in your hand; it's not worth risking your AOS by leaving the country without it.
It would be seen as abandonment of your AOS application and you would have to go the K3 route to get back in the country, (more time, more money).

I hope you get the AP soon.

Best wishes

Tam
Old Apr 21st 2004, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by FlyergirlUK
Definitely do not pay out for your tickets til you have that AP in your hand; it's not worth risking your AOS by leaving the country without it.
It would be seen as abandonment of your AOS application and you would have to go the K3 route to get back in the country, (more time, more money).

I hope you get the AP soon.

Best wishes

Tam

thanks tam...i wasn't thinking at all about leaving the country without my AP...im such a worrier that i would worry myself to death over it! i was going to try to get refundable plane tickets so that i could have the convenience (and advantage of price) of booking early, but still be able to back out if need be...I definately wouldn't be as silly as to abandon my AOS after doing everything that i have to be where i am...
thanks for the well wishes!

abbie