Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Oh no...a little bad news...what to expect now?

Wikiposts

Oh no...a little bad news...what to expect now?

Old Nov 11th 2003, 3:32 am
BE Enthusiast

supernav will become famous soon enoughsupernav will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Oh no...a little bad news...what to expect now?

>Of course now I'm assuming I now need to check YES in the box
>asking if he's ever been arrested

Of course. You have to be honest. EVEN if they expunged the record -- the truth it is, he was STILL arrested previously -- so he's gotta answer YES regardless.

Answering YES is not an automatic rejection. You'll have to explain what the arrest was for, etc. etc. The IS will decide if the arrest is applicable and what the outcome was. In most cases, the IS rejects judges "expunging" records years later and does not honor that. Too many foreign countries started deleting records of immigrants who ask when they apply for foreign permits. IS caught on to this practice.

-= nav =-
Old Nov 11th 2003, 4:09 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh no...a little bad news...what to expect now?

Thanks everyone, for the replies, comfort, and advice. I feel much better about it all today. One step at a time, that's how we're taking it.

At least after all this, I'll be able to help someone else who might run into these specific problems! :-)

Will keep you posted....

Rene