Wikiposts

Oh, Lordy!!!!

Old Oct 28th 2002, 7:52 am
Account Closed

katesuiter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Oh, Lordy!!!!

I've just been browsing another NG, and got extremely confused. Someone who is calling themselves an immigration advisor has stated to someone that the poverty level for a family of two in the 48 states is $16,000. I thought it was a little under $15,000. Then they said that the I-134 has been replaced by the I1864, and the I-134 is now obsolete. If that's the case, I'm a tad annoyed. My fiance has already filled out his I-134 and had it notorized. I don't even know why I'm taking this info seriously, as they gave me info before, and I didn't think it sounded right. I double checked, and lo and behold, it wasn't correct. But everyone knows what this waiting does to your brain. Sends you a bit loopy. Can someone please clarify exactly what the poverty guidelines are, and which affidavit we should be using? (K1 Fiance Visa) If this person is telling falsehoods, anyone fancy joining me and exiling this person from the immigration business? LOL!!!!! (That was a joke by the way!!)
Thanks ever so.
Kate. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by katesuiter; Oct 28th 2002 at 8:16 am.
Old Oct 28th 2002, 8:25 am
K
BE Enthusiast

K is an unknown quantity at this point

South Wales huh? I used to live in Aberaeron up by Aberystwyth until october last year
Old Oct 28th 2002, 9:20 am
Morkai Kurst

Default Re: Oh, Lordy!!!!

Here are the 2002 Poverty guidelines on the ins website:

http://www.ins.u-
sdoj.gov/graphics/howdoi/affsupp.htm#poverty

For house of 2 it's 14,925 unless you live in Alaska or Hawaii.

I-134 is certainly not obsolete, it is still available on the INS's site and
is still being requested by the London Consulate at least for use with the
K1 packet 3 application.

The purposes of the forms are thus:

I-134:
To file a promise with the Service to support an alien entering the United
States and that the alien will not become a public charge. A separate
affidavit must be filed by the sponsor for each person.

I-1864
To show that an intending immigrant has adequate means of financial support
and is not likely to become a public charge.

This person is wrong and does not know what they are talking about - took me
30 secs to pull up those pages on the INS website - if a person claiming to
be an immigration advisor can't do that then they deserve to get the ass
sued off of them. Of course it would be prefereable if some poor joe didn't
get stitched first...

Don't panic, your perfectly correct. Please correct this person as well...

Morkai

katesuiter wrote:
    > I've just been browsing another NG, and got extremely confused.
    > Someone who is calling themselves an immigration advisor has stated
    > to someone that the poverty level for a family of two in the 48
    > states is $16,000. I thought it was a little under $15,000. Then they
    > said that the I-134 has been replaced by the I1864, and the I-134 is
    > now obsolete. If that's the case, I'm a tad annoyed. My fiance has
    > already filled out his I-134 and had it notorized. I don't even know
    > why I'm taking this info seriously, as they gave me info before, and
    > I didn't think it sounded right. I double checked, and lo and behold,
    > it wasn't correct. But everyone knows what this waiting does to your
    > brain. Sends you a bit loopy. Can someone please clarify exactly what
    > the poverty guidelines are, and which affidavit we should be using?
    > (K1 Fiance Visa) If this person is telling falsehoods, anyone
    > fancy joining me and exiling this person from the immigration
    > business? LOL!!!!! (That was a joke by the way!!)
    > Thanks ever so.
    > Kate. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old Oct 28th 2002, 11:16 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm wonder if this man's name is John. I forget the last name. A few years back this man was on ng purporting to be a retired INS adjudicator and was setting up an internet business to assist people with the K-1. His information back then was incorrect and he was chased away by the then regulars of the group.

Rete
Old Oct 28th 2002, 12:40 pm
Account Closed

Default thank you, rete and morkai!!!!

Thank heavens!! I'm not insane!! This person is a lady on a very well known immigration chat forum. Unfortunately, information like this is too often dealt out to people who really have no clue where to start, and to get bad information like this isn't giving them a hope of filing a proper application, much less obtaining a visa.
I will definately not be looking on that site again. I'll stick with people I can at least trust to be fairly accurate, spot on, or give me leads as to where I can find out for sure. Britishexpats............I'll never stray again!!!!
My sincere thanks to everyone who has helped me out so far. Your advice has been so helpful. And my case hasn't even been approved yet, so you aint seen the last of me yet!!!!! Heh heh!!!! :scared:
Luv Kate. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Oct 28th 2002, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kate. Just curious. Where in South Wales are you? My fiance is in Bargoed and I just got back from that area about a month ago. I loved Cardiff and the surrounding area. The Welsh put us Southerners to shame with their hospitality!
Old Oct 28th 2002, 1:01 pm
Account Closed

Default hi scout

I'm in Swansea at the mo. Originally from England, but moved here about a year and a half ago. They are very hospitable peeps, the Welsh. Haven't been to Cardiff yet, but I've been to a few places, and enjoyed it. It'll do me til I dash off to warmer climes!!! (Florida. Hopefully in the very near future. Go TSC, GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!)
Luv Kate. xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Oct 28th 2002, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

What is with you British and the warmer climes??? LOL Pete loves the heat here in Atlanta and I think he's nuts! I love the cool of England and Wales. I saw some pics of the Swansea area on the BBC earlier. I hope you fared ok thru the weekends storms. Sorry to say I didn't get to Swansea during my recent trip, but I did get a glance of it from the motorway :-)

Cheers,

Leslie
Old Oct 28th 2002, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

Fionamc is an unknown quantity at this point

The Welsh are definately very friendly, but then again I am slighty biased having been born and raised there. I lived in Port Talbot for most of my life but moved to Pontypridd ( Just outside of Cardiff) for college. I now live in Virginia and will be visiting home again next summer.
Old Oct 28th 2002, 1:19 pm
Account Closed

I know what you mean by the coolness of our weather. I got off the plane in Miami, and felt really quite ill. I'm so pale, I reflect the sun!!!!! I was fine after about 10 mins and 3 bottles of water later!!
The storm here was really bad, but I was ok, thanks for asking. My poor ol mum didn't have much luck, though. She's in the midlands (not too far from London) and her entire fence got ripped away. She's ok, though.
I think the reason why the British moan about the weather is coz when you only have about 2 days a year of sunshine, it gets a bit depressing! Never mind.
Kate. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Oct 28th 2002, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

LOL Kate! When I was there and in Dublin in September it never rained. It was beautiful weather. Mind you, it has been raining in Atlanta ever since I got back in late September.

Fionamc it's good to see another friendly Welsh face. I hope to get back to Wales in the spring, providing the INS is willing to grant Pete an advance parole (God I hate that term, it makes him sound like he's in prison!).
Old Oct 28th 2002, 6:02 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kate,

don't you ever sleep??

Take care,

Debbie
Old Oct 28th 2002, 7:04 pm
Scarlett

Default Re: Oh, Lordy!!!!

>I think the reason why the British moan about the weather is coz when
    >you only have about 2 days a year of sunshine, it gets a bit
    >depressing!

2 whole days!!!!!

wales must rock!

i'm in the lake district and it rains here 364 and a half days a year :P

Old Oct 29th 2002, 1:29 am
BE Enthusiast

simon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by katesuiter
I know what you mean by the coolness of our weather. I got off the plane in Miami, and felt really quite ill. I'm so pale, I reflect the sun!!!!! I was fine after about 10 mins and 3 bottles of water later!!
The storm here was really bad, but I was ok, thanks for asking. My poor ol mum didn't have much luck, though. She's in the midlands (not too far from London) and her entire fence got ripped away. She's ok, though.
I think the reason why the British moan about the weather is coz when you only have about 2 days a year of sunshine, it gets a bit depressing! Never mind.
Kate. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Kate, where abouts in Florida do you intend to move to, we are in Melbourne, right by Cocoa Beach. and from Cambridge & Manchester originally

Simon
Old Oct 29th 2002, 3:44 am
Account Closed

Default hi!!!

Hello Simon!!
I'm gonna be moving to Tamarac. It's not too far from Pompano beach. I say gonna, coz I WILL get there!!!!!! 42 days and counting
Hi, Debbie! No, I never sleep! I'm a total freak. Corey usually kicks me off MSN about 12am and tells me to go to bed, so he can do his stuff that he needs to do, but as soon as my head hits the pillow, I'm wide awake. The lure of my computer is too strong, and I always find something to do on it til I'm feeling sleepy!
Anyway, while I'm here, does everyone count their timelines in business days, or do you include the weekend as well? Mine's 42 days so far, and still no approval yet, () but that includes the w/e. So to INS, that's only 30 (ish). My apologies for whining when some of you poor sods have been waiting for months, but I'm hoping to be unwrapping my Xmas prezzies with my betrothed, and I'm counting the hours!!!! (A watched pot never boils, right?)
Luv Kate. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by katesuiter; Oct 29th 2002 at 3:50 am.