Oh boy, RFIE

Old Aug 3rd 2017, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

BigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Oh boy, RFIE

Got a notification that I am getting an RFIE in the post today. Request for initial evidence. No idea what it could be as I triple checked everything on my I-485.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 7:47 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh boy, RFIE

Unfortunately, you won't know what is missing or needed until it arrives in the mail.

You can double and triple check everything but sometimes when the package gets to the service center, the package is split into separate groups, i.e. I-765, I-131, I-485, etc. and something slips away.

One way for others reading this is to make each package an individual stand alone packet and yes, that means including duplicates of the same supporting documents used in other packets.

If it is that something has slipped out and is lost, the complete duplicate of the filing in your possession will supply you with the missing document immediately.

Let's see what your RFE is for when it arrives.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

BigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Unfortunately, you won't know what is missing or needed until it arrives in the mail.

You can double and triple check everything but sometimes when the package gets to the service center, the package is split into separate groups, i.e. I-765, I-131, I-485, etc. and something slips away.

One way for others reading this is to make each package an individual stand alone packet and yes, that means including duplicates of the same supporting documents used in other packets.

If it is that something has slipped out and is lost, the complete duplicate of the filing in your possession will supply you with the missing document immediately.

Let's see what your RFE is for when it arrives.
Will let you know when it arrives. Do you know if requests for initial evidence holds up the case too much?
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigBoss1984
Will let you know when it arrives. Do you know if requests for initial evidence holds up the case too much?
It's held up until you respond. All USCIS timelines are now out of the question too.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tom169
It's held up until you respond. All USCIS timelines are now out of the question too.
What do you mean out of the question?
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

What do you mean out of the question?
Your timeline is reset when you have a RFIE. The day you respond is treated like day 0 of your application.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tom169
Your timeline is reset when you have a RFIE. The day you respond is treated like day 0 of your application.
Ugh you're kidding? For all three applications?
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 9:01 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it holds up the petition that you are seeking adjudication for, i.e. I-485 but will it stop the production of the EAD that you are having expedited? I'm that it will not.

At the very beginning at the process, i.e. initial receipt of filing, any RFE that is sent immediately, will hold up everything else from process. It appears that your petitions have separated and sent to other departments for adjudication. So again, crossing fingers.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes, it holds up the petition that you are seeking adjudication for, i.e. I-485 but will it stop the production of the EAD that you are having expedited? I'm that it will not.

At the very beginning at the process, i.e. initial receipt of filing, any RFE that is sent immediately, will hold up everything else from process. It appears that your petitions have separated and sent to other departments for adjudication. So again, crossing fingers.
I hope so. One petition is bad enough, all three and I'd be devastated lol.
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 9:28 pm
Concierge

I hope so. One petition is bad enough, all three and I'd be devastated lol.
You'll start thinking Trump is out to get ya!
Old Aug 7th 2017, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

PetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly what our lawyer did.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 4:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Ok guys so I got the RFIE in the post today. Here is what it reads;

The joint sponsor submitted form I-864, however the names listed on page 1 and 3 are not the same, or pages 1 and/or 3 are left blank.

It then proceeded to tell us to fill out another I-864, sign it, submit all federal tax returns w/ evidence for the previous tax year, and evidence of the joint sponsors citizenship. We provided all of this last time around, but we figured we would send in;

1) New I-864
2) Tax transcripts from the previous three tax years (I know it says one but I figured they mention three in the form.)
3) Letter of employment showing income is sufficient
4) Recent pay stubs
5) Copy of birth certificate

Does this look OK? I can't send this off until I'm back from vacation on the 20th August, which is slightly annoying - but it is what it is.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 11:23 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

The joint sponsor submitted form I-864, however the names listed on page 1 and 3 are not the same, or pages 1 and/or 3 are left blank.
Since you should have kept a photocopy of everything you submitted, have you verified whether this is true?

Does this look OK?
This is an issue for your joint sponsor. He will need to complete a new I-864, sign it, and include the evidence. He should not include evidence not requested. He should send everything to you so that you can verify the contents, and then you send it to USCIS.

Ian