Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Off-topic: I'm back! New username, but same ol' me...

Off-topic: I'm back! New username, but same ol' me...

Old Aug 31st 2013, 1:43 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Off-topic: I'm back! New username, but same ol' me...

Hi everyone -- I'm back!

Some of you are probably thinking, "Am I supposed to know this person?", while the old-timers will remember me by my old username, Jenney & Mark. Well, Mark's no longer in the picture, and so after a 2-year hiatus I'm back with a new username: Just Jenney.

Last week I jumped back into BE but over on the USA: Trailer Park board, so if you're dying to know what happened to me (and Mark, too) over the past 2 years since we split up, you can read all about it here.

I'm still in the toe-dipping phase because I've been gone for so long and there is so much to read! It's amazing when I think that for 9 years I was on BE every day, and then I just dropped it together. I just felt a bit lost, didn't know if I really fit in anywhere -- I mean, I'm not a Brit, not an expat, and my dealings with immigration ended 5 years ago. But I'm ready to reconnect again. I'm so chuffed to see how many of my BE friends are still here. This place really has staying power!

I'm a tad wary of posting in THIS forum, actually, because I don't know how much has changed in marriage-based immigration since Mark was naturalized in 2008. Five years is a long time, after all. But we'll see...

So anyway, just wanted to drop in and say hello. I look forward to catching up with everyone!

~ Jenney
Old Aug 31st 2013, 2:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Off-topic: I'm back! New username, but same ol' me...

Originally Posted by Just Jenney
Hi everyone -- I'm back!

Some of you are probably thinking, "Am I supposed to know this person?", while the old-timers will remember me by my old username, Jenney & Mark. Well, Mark's no longer in the picture, and so after a 2-year hiatus I'm back with a new username: Just Jenney.

Last week I jumped back into BE but over on the USA: Trailer Park board, so if you're dying to know what happened to me (and Mark, too) over the past 2 years since we split up, you can read all about it here.

I'm still in the toe-dipping phase because I've been gone for so long and there is so much to read! It's amazing when I think that for 9 years I was on BE every day, and then I just dropped it together. I just felt a bit lost, didn't know if I really fit in anywhere -- I mean, I'm not a Brit, not an expat, and my dealings with immigration ended 5 years ago. But I'm ready to reconnect again. I'm so chuffed to see how many of my BE friends are still here. This place really has staying power!

I'm a tad wary of posting in THIS forum, actually, because I don't know how much has changed in marriage-based immigration since Mark was naturalized in 2008. Five years is a long time, after all. But we'll see...

So anyway, just wanted to drop in and say hello. I look forward to catching up with everyone!

~ Jenney
Hi Jenny and Welcome back. On a very sad note, Fatbrit passed away since you left the forum.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hlight=Fatbrit
Old Aug 31st 2013, 11:45 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Just Jenney
Hi everyone -- I'm back!
Hi Jenney - welcome home!

Ian
Old Aug 31st 2013, 4:43 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael
Hi Jenny and Welcome back. On a very sad note, Fatbrit passed away since you left the forum.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hlight=Fatbrit
Thank you so much for sharing this. How very sad. I remember Fatbrit and will miss reading his comments and seeing that endlessly bouncing sheep.

EDITED TO ADD: A few years ago I started a thread where I asked other BE users if they had a plan to let their online friends know that something had happened to them (illness or death). The responses I received were very negative, along the lines of, "You're an idiot for even worrying about that; you should be thinking of your real family/friends first, not some virtual online people." People were so rude and nasty about it that I'm pretty sure I asked Admin to delete the thread altogether; I found it quite upsetting. But now I read this about Fatbrit and also a recent thread about Ray, and I sort of feel like I was right to ask about that all those years ago.

~ Jenney

Last edited by Just Jenney; Aug 31st 2013 at 4:55 pm.
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jenny

Welcome back. I joined around 2008 and I'm still going through the process, well just the removal of conditions part at the moment.

I remember that smile! Sorry to hear things didn't work out for you but glad you are moving forward. Oh and can you direct me to the thread about Ray if you get a min.

Good to have you back.
Mandy