Wikiposts

Odd 1-130 Question...

Old Jun 17th 2010, 1:34 am
Just Joined

marriedanamerican is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Odd 1-130 Question...

Hi all,

My wife (American) and I (British) have just filed the I-130 (Last Thursday). We recieved our self addressed envelope back today. Inside was:

1. A checklist - All sections where checked as complete. There was a ring circled around the words 'Do not submit bank statements'. (The form I initially saw, told me that joint financial information is acceptable.)

2. The letters of support / a bank statement I had submitted.

There is nothing else, all the sections are marked as complete but there is no further information whatsoever. I have e-mailed the London Embassy but from reading forums it appears as though they were just returning items they had photocopied / not needed and I'll find out if the I-130 has been approved in the next few weeks.

Anyone had any experience of this?

Thank you
Old Jun 17th 2010, 1:49 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Odd 1-130 Question...

Took having to read your entire post to figure out where you filed but it seems you are doing direct consular filing as your wife in living legally with the proper visa in the UK with you.

The checklist was returned to you with the enclosed because they are not required, i.e. the bank statement and why would you send a letter of support? Support of what?

Now my question is at what stage are you in the process. I assume the I-130 was approved and you are now dealing with the US Consulate. I thought you were to bring the I-864 affidavit of support with you, not mail it in.

Or was that included as evidence of your marriage. Please confuse me.

Last edited by Rete; Jun 17th 2010 at 1:53 am.
Old Jun 17th 2010, 1:50 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marriedanamerican
My wife (American) and I (British) have just filed the I-130 (Last Thursday).
Where did you file? London? US?

The form I initially saw, told me that joint financial information is acceptable
Did you keep photocopies of everything you submitted?

The letters of support / a bank statement I had submitted.
What do you mean, exactly, by "letters of support"?

Ian
Old Jun 17th 2010, 2:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
Took having to read your entire post to figure out where you filed but it seems you are doing direct consular filing as your wife in living legally with the proper visa in the UK with you.

The checklist was returned to you with the enclosed because they are not required, i.e. the bank statement and why would you send a letter of support? Support of what?

Now my question is at what stage are you in the process. I assume the I-130 was approved and you are now dealing with the US Consulate. I thought you were to bring the I-864 affidavit of support with you, not mail it in.

Or was that included as evidence of your marriage. Please confuse me.
Hi, thank you for your response. I apologise for being vague.

We are right at the start of the process. We are filing by post to London. They recieved our package last Thursday and we got this back from them three hours ago.

We were instructed to send them:

I-130
G-325a (Biographic Form)
Supporting documents (Letters from family, marriage certificates, wife's visa etc).

What we recieved today was just:

1. Letters from family
2. Bank statement.

On the checklist enclosed, they had ticked 'complete' on every section. There is nothing else to the package, other than that.

The letters that I refer to are from friends and family outlining the fact that there is a geniune marriage between us.

Last edited by marriedanamerican; Jun 17th 2010 at 2:11 am.
Old Jun 17th 2010, 3:31 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

It seems they have returned what they don't need. Now you just sit back an wait a couple of weeks for the I-130 approval, and the letter from them giving you the link to your visa application forms. Hint...you can look them up and get them filled out ahead of time if you want to.

Rene
Old Jun 17th 2010, 3:58 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Rene.. this is very typical. London USCIS is very specific about what they want (contrary to the instructions) so they just send back what they don't want and leave you feeling scolded (by other's reports ).

You can use the link in my signature to lead you to the very comprehensive "DCF" wiki entry that will explain your entire process and link you to the forms and documents you'll need next.

welcome
Old Jun 17th 2010, 4:55 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
It seems they have returned what they don't need. Now you just sit back an wait a couple of weeks for the I-130 approval, and the letter from them giving you the link to your visa application forms. Hint...you can look them up and get them filled out ahead of time if you want to.

Rene
Very much appreciated.

Thank you, both of you.
Old Jun 17th 2010, 5:04 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marriedanamerican
Very much appreciated.

Thank you, both of you.
We're really the same person.
Old Jun 17th 2010, 5:09 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
We're really the same person.
LOL, inside joke.

Rene
Old Jun 17th 2010, 6:50 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, inside joke.
Do you remember the tall, slender singing partner of Sonny Bono... pretty girl with long black hair - she did quite well on her own! They cloned her... and now she's known as Cher and Cher-alike!

Ian
Old Jun 17th 2010, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Do you remember the tall, slender singing partner of Sonny Bono... pretty girl with long black hair - she did quite well on her own! They cloned her... and now she's known as Cher and Cher-alike!

Ian
LOL Good one!!
Old Jun 17th 2010, 7:37 am

LOL Good one!!
No! It's a Groaner!!!