Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Oath Ceremony in Phoenix...we're done!

Wikiposts

Oath Ceremony in Phoenix...we're done!

Old Apr 28th 2009, 10:05 am
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oath Ceremony in Phoenix...we're done!

Hi Rene & Sadegh

Congratulations!!! I'm sorry I missed the big day but so very happy for you both. Isn't it wonderful to be done with the USCIS??!! Having said that, my son will be applying for his USC next year so I'm sure I'll get roped into that!

I did the expedited passport and they also said two weeks but I had it back in less than a week! So watch the mail box!

Once again, congratulations to you both.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 11:06 am

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Just caught this thread! Congratulations!!!! You both look so very happy Great photos
Old May 4th 2009, 10:01 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maggs
I did the expedited passport and they also said two weeks but I had it back in less than a week! So watch the mail box!
Just a quick update. Maggs, you were right...Sadegh's expedited passport came just 6 working days after applying! Wow! Not like we have the time or money now to go anywhere...LOL...but sooo nice to have it in hand! I'm jealous, Sadegh's passport has all these pretty scenic pictures on each page, and mine doesn't

Just waiting on his SS card now.

Rene
Old May 4th 2009, 12:28 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Woo Hoo Rene!! Yes, aren't the lovely pictures in the passport lovely? It doesn't matter you can't go anywhere right now, but when the time comes, you'll both be ready!
Old May 5th 2009, 3:57 am
Forum Regular

saheem has a brilliant futuresaheem has a brilliant futuresaheem has a brilliant futuresaheem has a brilliant futuresaheem has a brilliant futuresaheem has a brilliant futuresaheem has a brilliant future

Congrats, Rene!! I've been following your journey and I'm so happy that it's now complete!

Alas, I'm still waiting on my oath ceremony letter. I made an infopass appointment for next week to follow up, so we'll see.

But you keep celebrating. Wishing you and Sadegh all the best!!

Saheem
Old May 5th 2009, 4:00 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saheem
Congrats, Rene!! I've been following your journey and I'm so happy that it's now complete!

Alas, I'm still waiting on my oath ceremony letter. I made an infopass appointment for next week to follow up, so we'll see.

But you keep celebrating. Wishing you and Sadegh all the best!!

Saheem
Thank you so much everyone, for all your help and good wishes! Sadegh's letter from SS came yesterday, he should be getting his new card in 2 weeks.

Rene & Sadegh
Old Jul 15th 2009, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

DownTheLine is just really niceDownTheLine is just really niceDownTheLine is just really niceDownTheLine is just really niceDownTheLine is just really niceDownTheLine is just really niceDownTheLine is just really niceDownTheLine is just really niceDownTheLine is just really nice

Rene,
I came across your post while searching. Nice pictures!
Great job.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by DownTheLine
Rene,
I came across your post while searching. Nice pictures!
Great job.
Thank you!
Old Jul 15th 2009, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

DownTheLine is just really niceDownTheLine is just really niceDownTheLine is just really niceDownTheLine is just really niceDownTheLine is just really niceDownTheLine is just really niceDownTheLine is just really niceDownTheLine is just really niceDownTheLine is just really nice

Rene,
How did the name change process go?

I am also considering to go with the citizenship process. Like your husband, I have two words in both my first and last name . I want to shorten it to just one word, will the name change delay the process?

Thanks

Last edited by DownTheLine; Jul 15th 2009 at 3:28 am.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 3:30 am

Rene,
How did the name change process go?

I am also considering to go with the citizenship process. Like your husband, I have two words in both my first and last name . I want to shorten it to just one word, will the name change delay the process?

Thanks
Nope, the name change did not delay anything at all. There is a place on the N-400 which asks you if you want to change your name. Check yes, and provide them with the new name.

At the interview, the officer will probably verbally verify that you do indeed want to change your name, and double check your new name.

Your naturalization certificate will be made out in your new name, and at the time of your oath, you will be given a paper from the court which states your name change has been approved, effective such and such date (the date of your oath).

Once you have your naturalization certificate in hand with your new name, you can then get a US passport in your new name.

Rene
Old Jul 15th 2009, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Nope, the name change did not delay anything at all. There is a place on the N-400 which asks you if you want to change your name. Check yes, and provide them with the new name.

At the interview, the officer will probably verbally verify that you do indeed want to change your name, and double check your new name.

Your naturalization certificate will be made out in your new name, and at the time of your oath, you will be given a paper from the court which states your name change has been approved, effective such and such date (the date of your oath).

Once you have your naturalization certificate in hand with your new name, you can then get a US passport in your new name.

Rene
Thanks Rene I will do that.

Also, I am reviewing the N-400 form and I have some concerns with agreeing to somethings on the form for example the 'bear arms'. If I put No will it delay the process or create problems.

Also, I have some issues with the Oath of Allegiance but I have read there are alternate versions, so hopefully it won't be a big deal.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 3:45 am
LaCarteraEnLaCocina

Nits22 is a name known to allNits22 is a name known to allNits22 is a name known to allNits22 is a name known to allNits22 is a name known to allNits22 is a name known to allNits22 is a name known to allNits22 is a name known to allNits22 is a name known to allNits22 is a name known to allNits22 is a name known to all

yey!
Congrats!
Old Jul 15th 2009, 3:45 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

The name change could lengthen the process in places where USCIS does its own oath ceremonies since a name change requires a judge.

Here in Phoenix (Rene's husband) AFAIK they only do judicial ones, so there would be no delay here. For your area, I have no idea.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fatbrit
The name change could lengthen the process in places where USCIS does its own oath ceremonies since a name change requires a judge.

Here in Phoenix (Rene's husband) AFAIK they only do judicial ones, so there would be no delay here. For your area, I have no idea.
My 751 interview was at Chicago center and probably will have to take my oath there. Although, for biometrics they sent me to the Indianapolis center.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 3:50 am

Also, I am reviewing the N-400 form and I have some concerns with agreeing to somethings on the form for example the 'bear arms'. If I put No will it delay the process or create problems.
I don't know about this one, sorry. My husband agreed with everything on the N-400.

Also, I have some issues with the Oath of Allegiance but I have read there are alternate versions, so hopefully it won't be a big deal.
I don't know about this one either, sorry. My husband said the Pledge of Allegiance the way it was written.

Rene

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.