Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

O/T: Finally dawning on me!!!! Hee hee!!

Wikiposts

O/T: Finally dawning on me!!!! Hee hee!!

Old Dec 12th 2002, 1:33 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default O/T: Finally dawning on me!!!! Hee hee!!

Hi, peeps!!!!
An update for anyone following our case.......Corey sent the approval notice to me so I can send it on to London to get an interview. I've been sitting here all day biting my nails, waiting for UPS, worrying they wouldn't come.........YAY!!!!! They did!! Now I'm off to the post office to send it overnight, and with a bit of luck, I might hear something over the next week! Only just dawning on me that this is really happening, and things are now moving at an amazing rate! Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!
Kate. xxxxxx
Old Dec 12th 2002, 1:38 am
BE Enthusiast

abba48uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck Kate. May I suggest that when you get your interview date from London, you explain by email that you had sent YOUR copy of the original approval and ask if that can be returned to you on the day. I did just that and had a very reassuring reply. It probably wont make a scrap of difference to getting the approval back (if they have the file from the SC containing another "original" there is no point in them keeping two), but a positive reponse just might (MIGHT I said) stop you worrying over the issue.
Old Dec 12th 2002, 2:03 am

Originally posted by abba48uk
Good luck Kate. May I suggest that when you get your interview date from London, you explain by email that you had sent YOUR copy of the original approval and ask if that can be returned to you on the day. I did just that and had a very reassuring reply. It probably wont make a scrap of difference to getting the approval back (if they have the file from the SC containing another "original" there is no point in them keeping two), but a positive reponse just might (MIGHT I said) stop you worrying over the issue.
I've asked that in more than one way, hoping they wouldn't notice I'd actually asked the same question!!! LOL!!!!! Each time, they told me they'd ONLY give it back to me if they have the file from TSC.
Oh, well, I can but keep asking. They're very good, so I'm hoping TSC will follow suit, and get the darn thing to them before my date!!!!
Thanks for the good luck!!!
Kate. xxx
Old Dec 12th 2002, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

keatslamia is an unknown quantity at this point

its really amazing isn't it.....after all the time and the questions and the fears and the should we's or shouldn't we's...its finally coming along and is soon to become reality.........
my stomach flips every time i think that in a few weeks, (consulate willing) we will be together again, he will pass POE without being slammed into a wall (lets hope) and never again will we have to spend every moment together with the underlying knowledge that time will too soon run out on us, and we'll be apart... AGAIN.
its mindboggling really...this is it! the real thing! GASP!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 12th 2002, 4:53 am
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

That's great news Kate! I'm so happy for you. I hope I'll know soon, too, how exciting things are when they really get moving!

Juliet
Old Dec 12th 2002, 5:00 am

Originally posted by jcapulet
That's great news Kate! I'm so happy for you. I hope I'll know soon, too, how exciting things are when they really get moving!

Juliet
They are!!! I feel a bit like I've been hit by a truck, and it's like, "Oh, poo!!!!!!! Best get my skates on!!!" It'll happen soon, Juliet!!!

Keatslamia: Maybe I'll be seeing your betrothed at the embassy!!!!

Kate. xxxxxx