Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

NYC AOS Interview (Garden City)

NYC AOS Interview (Garden City)

Old Aug 24th 2005, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

Ndori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to all
Default Re: NYC AOS Interview (Garden City)

Originally Posted by nathan barley
I got my Permanent Resident card in the mail today. Hurray!
It's very pretty on the back. Thank you US Government.

And now off to Vegas to make my fortune!
Congrats!
Old Aug 24th 2005, 1:10 pm
Corpsicle

nathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by janadeen
Nathan - when was your most recent medical done? Thanks.
July 19th and 26th (follow up for chicken pox vaccination)

My wallet it still hurting. They were very fast though.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 1:37 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: NYC AOS Interview (Garden City)

Congratulations! (And what a riveting read too - i really should have made more effort when i posted my AOS interview..!!)
Old Aug 24th 2005, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

AdiaStar has a spectacular aura aboutAdiaStar has a spectacular aura aboutAdiaStar has a spectacular aura about

Late to this thread, but Congrats Nathan! Very helpful.

I'm not sure if this was covered in another thread, but why are the interviews being held in Garden City, Long Island? Just wondering.

Angelus has applied for his third EAD now(ugh!!), and I guarantee he'll get the interview letter before the EAD!

Again, Congrats!
AdiaStar
Old Aug 24th 2005, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Peter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like they are using Garden City as an overflow office for AOS interviews in the NYC district. I know if you live in Long Island or Queens the interviews are schdeuled there- not sure about Brooklyn.

When I was there for my AOS interview it was packed, so hopefully it's taking the burden off Federal Plaza.

Originally Posted by AdiaStar
Late to this thread, but Congrats Nathan! Very helpful.

I'm not sure if this was covered in another thread, but why are the interviews being held in Garden City, Long Island? Just wondering.

Angelus has applied for his third EAD now(ugh!!), and I guarantee he'll get the interview letter before the EAD!

Again, Congrats!
AdiaStar
Old Aug 24th 2005, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

AdiaStar has a spectacular aura aboutAdiaStar has a spectacular aura aboutAdiaStar has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Peter Newton
It looks like they are using Garden City as an overflow office for AOS interviews in the NYC district. I know if you live in Long Island or Queens the interviews are schdeuled there- not sure about Brooklyn.

When I was there for my AOS interview it was packed, so hopefully it's taking the burden off Federal Plaza.
Thanks Peter!
Hopefully Angelus71 and I will find out soon where and when his interview is for.
AdiaStar
Old Aug 30th 2005, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

mike2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nathan barley
July 19th and 26th (follow up for chicken pox vaccination)

My wallet it still hurting. They were very fast though.
Did they any index fingers FP or signature at interview?

I got stamp today like:

"Standard stamp" Valid till 08/29/06
IR6 New 08/30/05
A-xxx-xxx-xxx
Officers initials..

I am just curious that officer has processed my I-89.

Thank You,
Old Aug 31st 2005, 12:22 am
Corpsicle

nathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mike2005
Did they any index fingers FP or signature at interview?

I got stamp today like:

"Standard stamp" Valid till 08/29/06
IR6 New 08/30/05
A-xxx-xxx-xxx
Officers initials..

I am just curious that officer has processed my I-89.

Thank You,
No, they did no fingerprinting at the interview. I don't remember having to sign anything either. At the interview, she removed the I94 and wrote in my passport:
"Sec 245 NYC Pending A#xxxxxxxx IR6 08/08/05.
Initials/DAO"

I had already done my biometric tenprints the week before. She just checked the computer for their results while she was interviewing us.