Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

NYC AOS - Getting nervous - time for InfoPass Appt?

Wikiposts

NYC AOS - Getting nervous - time for InfoPass Appt?

Old Sep 21st 2005, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

CountryGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NYC AOS - Getting nervous - time for InfoPass Appt?

I have been seeing a number of posts from lucky couples in the NYC area getting their AOS interview letters and/or interviews who submitted their applications the same time we did (we submitted to Federal Plaza in early Sep. 2003) or after we did. Also, a friend of mine who applied the same time got her interview letter in May and had her interview in July and got her GC two weeks ago and is tickled pink (I want to be tickled pink too!). So...I probably shouldn't be, but I am getting nervous and am wondering if it is time to make an InfoPass appointment.

Anything to calm my nerves or advice on whether InfoPass appointments help or just slow down the process would be greatly appreciated.

Our timeline:
9-'99 -- H1-B
5-'01 -- married USC husband
9-'03 -- I130, I485 submitted to NYC local office, receipts received and biometrics done
10-'04 -- redo biometrics b/c they said they lost photo
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 1:32 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NYC AOS - Getting nervous - time for InfoPass Appt?

Originally Posted by CountryGirl
I have been seeing a number of posts from lucky couples in the NYC area getting their AOS interview letters and/or interviews who submitted their applications the same time we did (we submitted to Federal Plaza in early Sep. 2003) or after we did. Also, a friend of mine who applied the same time got her interview letter in May and had her interview in July and got her GC two weeks ago and is tickled pink (I want to be tickled pink too!). So...I probably shouldn't be, but I am getting nervous and am wondering if it is time to make an InfoPass appointment.

Anything to calm my nerves or advice on whether InfoPass appointments help or just slow down the process would be greatly appreciated.

Our timeline:
9-'99 -- H1-B
9-'03 -- I130, I485 submitted to NYC local office, receipts received and biometrics done
I don't know if it'll calm your nerves or anything, but I just wanted to share my empathy. I have my NOA date from October 2003 through Atlanta and I'm also getting pretty anxious because I've heard of cases from Atlanta being approved as far ahead as January 2005. On top of that Atlanta say's they're processing dates from March 2004, so that doesn't help the anxious feeling! (On a side note, my file is now in California and I'm hoping that's a good sign?)
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 1:41 am
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CountryGirl

Our timeline:
9-'99 -- H1-B
I was in the same position, and decided to book an infopass. Well, when i got there i was told my AOS letter had been sent, and my interview was in 20 miniutes time! (yes, really!).

There is no set processing time for these interviews, some take a lot longer than others because of a name check etc.. I wouldnt use the fact that others have already had their interview as a sign of aproblem, but either a bit of help from your Congressional Rep. or an Infopass will certainly help you rest easy.. Youll be tickled pink soon im sure!
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 3:28 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CarlM
I was in the same position, and decided to book an infopass. Well, when i got there i was told my AOS letter had been sent, and my interview was in 20 miniutes time! (yes, really!).
Holy dog doodoo!