NVC Filed Online Timeline

NVC Filed Online Timeline

Old May 20th 2022, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

eyedontknow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NVC Filed Online Timeline

Thanks Dave2726, that's good to know.

I sent them an email about rescheduling and it said the following:
If your appointment was scheduled by NVC, please wait until after the original appointment date has passed and then sign in to your account at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv to book a new interview date.
Appointments are booked through the Visa Appointment Service, not by email. You may wish to check the appointment calendar periodically for any newly released appointments or cancelations.

I'm not willing to let the appointment pass and be seen to have "missed" my appointment. Do you have any idea about the appointment calendar they mention? I have searched and can't see any sign of it.
Old May 20th 2022, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Dave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really nice

Originally Posted by eyedontknow
Thanks Dave2726, that's good to know.

I sent them an email about rescheduling and it said the following:
If your appointment was scheduled by NVC, please wait until after the original appointment date has passed and then sign in to your account at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv to book a new interview date.
Appointments are booked through the Visa Appointment Service, not by email. You may wish to check the appointment calendar periodically for any newly released appointments or cancelations.

I'm not willing to let the appointment pass and be seen to have "missed" my appointment. Do you have any idea about the appointment calendar they mention? I have searched and can't see any sign of it.
No, I never got to see it because I kept the original NVC booked appointment. It seems it might appear if you miss that appointment. My advice is attend the original appointment if at all possible. Others may be able to advise differently based on their experience. Good luck
Old Aug 17th 2022, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Dave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really niceDave2726 is just really nice

Quick update. POE at IAH yesterday.

Big queue to get to the primary inspection point, tons of European flights arriving at the same time and not really enough officers.

However, otherwise flawless POE experience. CBP were really fantastic with me. Very friendly and welcoming, had a nice chat with the first officer! He told me USC wife I wouldn't be long and she could wait just outside the primary inspection point. I was sent very briefly to secondary, which was just a sectioned off area of the primary inspection area. There was ample seating there and not many people in secondary. Just a short wait and my name was called and I was brought my passport by another friendly officer. He just asked if I had any food with me, which I didn't then he said "you're good to go, enjoy your day!"

Really great experience! Two years in the making!
Old Sep 22nd 2022, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Bruiser is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I was DQ'd on 9/9/22 and told to wait for interview date. Still waiting.

Should I be concerned as it seems a lot longer than others who have posted here? I am also guess I just have to wait...?
Old Sep 22nd 2022, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

Bruiser,

I wouldn't be overly concerned if I were you. DQ'd just means that NVC will update the US Embassy in London at their next scheduled drop. US Embassy will then schedule appointments based on availability, first come first serve. It really depends then on how many people are before you on the list and what their upcoming availability and backlog is. That's anyone's game at any point in time. Sometimes it'll be quick, other times much longer.

I hope they get to you soon and you get sorted. If its creating difficulties for you then you might be able to exert some pressure through a congressman/woman via your USC sponsor but I think it has to be pretty exceptional circumstances. Unfortunately, most of us are just along for the ride! Good luck.

Old Sep 23rd 2022, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dave2726
Bruiser,

I wouldn't be overly concerned if I were you. DQ'd just means that NVC will update the US Embassy in London at their next scheduled drop.
Unfortunately, most of us are just along for the ride! Good luck.
Thank you!!
Old Oct 4th 2022, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by eyedontknow
I need to reschedule this appointment and have absolutely no option to do this on the Visa Appointment Service system - I've contacted them and also the Consultate via email and they've said I have to wait for the appointment date to pass before I will have the option to reschedule. Reluctant to do this without knowing how long it would be until the next appointment. Anyone else having difficulty rescheduling appointment booked by NVC?
Hi - Just got my interview date and registered on Embassy website (took a few days). I needed to reschedule as I will be away, so requested via website. It cancelled my appointment but only dates showing available (for next 12 months) are the date of my (now cancelled) appoint and the next day (both November 2022)!! Can someone confirm that the dates are only released weekly/ monthly and if so, when are they released?
Old Oct 4th 2022, 4:41 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bruiser
Hi - Just got my interview date and registered on Embassy website (took a few days). I needed to reschedule as I will be away, so requested via website. It cancelled my appointment but only dates showing available (for next 12 months) are the date of my (now cancelled) appoint and the next day (both November 2022)!! Can someone confirm that the dates are only released weekly/ monthly and if so, when are they released?
FYI - https://fam.state.gov/fam/09FAM/09FAM050304.html
Old Oct 5th 2022, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Thanks for the link. That is about allocation of visa numbers being issued. I am applying for an IR1 visa and my visa number is allocated (spouse of USC).

I was just wondering how regularly the consular booking system opens up and releases new dates?
Old Oct 5th 2022, 5:05 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the link. That is about allocation of visa numbers being issued. I am applying for an IR1 visa and my visa number is allocated (spouse of USC).

I was just wondering how regularly the consular booking system opens up and releases new dates?
You note that when you surrendered your November number it became immediately available. If and when other November numbers are surrendered it seems they should become available. Do note that November is a 30 day month and has two days off for Veterans Day and Thanksgiving. (Equivalent of two bank holidays). Hence, fewer days available.
Old Oct 13th 2022, 11:09 am
Just Joined

Almostexpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Such a helpful thread - thank you. Not sure if anyone else watching has filed recently but wanted to share current time. At the very beginning of the process here.

End September 2022: I-130 filed online and being actively reviewed

Hope to provide updates as they come. Anyone else filed this year?
Old Oct 28th 2022, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Almostexpat
Such a helpful thread - thank you. Not sure if anyone else watching has filed recently but wanted to share current time. At the very beginning of the process here.

End September 2022: I-130 filed online and being actively reviewed

Hope to provide updates as they come. Anyone else filed this year?
Glad it's helpful to you. Wishing you all the best on your journey!
Old Dec 18th 2022, 11:08 am
Just Joined

Sophie1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, I just discovered this insanely helpful thread and it seems there is a huge difference in that some people get there interviews within a month, others within 4 months.

My current situation is myself and my spouse have been documentarily complete at the NVC since 18-OCT-2022. Today we had our automated 60 day case update email thanking us for our patience and letting us know they are still awaiting slots at the London embassy. Our immigration team tell us to expect an email with a date by 18 JAN 2023 (that would make it 3 months since we became DQ at the NVC) and to expect an interview in FEB 2023 making it 4 months in total.

Our priority date is 14 JULY 2022 (although I’m not sure what that means for us to be honest).

Just wanted some support and reassurance based on others experiences. I really do hope we get our interview date through soon as it’s so hard to plan anything! For added info it’s a EB1 Green Card.

Thanks everyone and thoughts appreciated! Just an impatient individual over here!
Old Dec 18th 2022, 11:13 am
Just Joined

Sophie1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

You received your interview date so quick! We were DQ on the 18 OCT and still no interview date. Ours is for an EB1 green card and a spouse I get one too. Is this thread just for marriage based cards? Hope I’m the correct place 🙃
Old Dec 18th 2022, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

I think there always used to be a similar thread in the main USA forum for non-marriage based applications. However, you're welcome here too!

What I would say is a USC spouse has priority in all things immigration with the US Embassy and the process as a whole. Perhaps the only higher priority is a child of a USC. So, you're in the queue, but I would expect a longer wait than others on this thread just because of the priority system.

I do hope you get sorted soon and things move along for you successfully. There's nothing worse than the limbo! Best of luck and happy holidays. Do let us know how you get on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.